Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 21, 2014, 11:03:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A pirate attempted to stop my bus in an old caddy  (Read 9157 times)
Greg Roberts

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2008, 09:49:23 AM »

I do like going into Mexico but not really the border towns because they are too rough at least where I am. However, I do not care to take any of my personal vehicles to Mexico but rather prefer to fly and avoid the border areas. I have heard that the Baja area is really good though and probably would consider taking the Eagle to that area. And yes, knives are a bad thing too! - Greg

Knives on your person are are also illegal in Mexico. Even a pen-knife on your keychain is too much if the police are looking for reasons to arrest you.

And to be fair, I'm sure if the incident had been reversed (Mexicans camping in US kill attackers in self-defense and flee back across the border), the US would be asking Mexico to send them back, with probably the same result.

It's a judgment call...even when you're in the right, you have to decide what the best course of action in the situation. Stay and deal with local law, or flee the scene of a crime (often a crime itself) to a more favorable jurisdiction. In that case, since the guy was already going to be in real trouble for having a gun, he probably made the best choice.

Check out my Eagle 20 here: http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: