Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 10:00:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Using blocks to level  (Read 691 times)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« on: June 23, 2008, 06:04:26 AM »

I had asked this question within a previous post on leveling, but as that one dealt with leveling systems, it was out of place.  For the present, I am using blocks to level.  I have always felt more comfortable putting blocks under both of the dual wheels but have seen others do it by just blocking the outer wheel.  Which is the best way to do it?

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Eagle

1985 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 06:47:49 AM »

Blocks under both tires.  If placed just under one tire it will place a lot more stress on the one tire than it was designed for.
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 01:39:33 PM »

Blocks under both tires.  If placed just under one tire it will place a lot more stress on the one tire than it was designed for.

NYAAAA.  Wrong answer.    Grin Grin

Block whatever is convenient to block.  The static load sitting on a block is a fraction of the dynamic load that tire faces going down the road.  Worrying about blocking is a waste of good worrying time IMHO.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: