Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 03:25:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Use of this forum for OFF topic subjects  (Read 1872 times)
tekebird

Ignore
« on: June 23, 2008, 09:16:43 AM »

Just my opinion but the controlers of this board were kind enough to make a whole seperate section for OFF topic things.. That is stuff that is not DIRECTLY or REMOTELY connected to buses or bus conversions

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! make the moderators jobs easier, please post OFF TOPIC OT stuff there to save them the pain to move it there.

It is already bad enough that a story (true or untrue) about a bus Incident (which in my opinion was a fishing expedition for such a response like it is getting) has turned into a Political and Gun Control Debate.

If you all were civilized and educated people you would restrict your debates to how much rust a Eagle should leave on the ground every time it stops Shocked and other such important bus related items
cody

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 09:22:53 AM »

As an eagle owner, I resemble that remark, but I agree, however I feel the use of this forum to post a request in regards to the purpose of this forum is off topic and should have been placed in the off topic catagory. lol
Dreamscape

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 09:25:33 AM »

Doug,

I agree somewhat. But I think the story by Greg was very bus-related, and also believe that it is true. It just turned out that the thread has gone to gun control. It is important that we protect our loved ones when traveling and some folk carry, some don't. How scary it would have been to go through something like that in a 20 ton missle. I don't know about you but I would have had to change my drawers after that one.

I think the moderators are doing a good job, it's just sometimes it takes awhile to move stuff around and try to please everyone.

FWIW,

Paul
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 09:33:05 AM »

you are correct.

However a long and intensive study has shown that posting there would not have reached the offending parties, thus the "illegal" posting here.

On the other hand posting my views here is directly related to the operation of a bus topic forum as it relates to the easier and more efficient disemination (sp?) of bus related info.

Paul I agree the iontial post true or not was in the correct place. However some of the replies were clearly off topic.

being active on many forums with different "topics" it seems to be that every so often someone posts a topic that obviously is a fishing expedition for a heated debate.......often even bus related.

I seem to recall some guy in Michigan that wanted his 40 foot fishbowl to accelerate and corner like a Corvette......he eventually lost interest and nobody ever heard from them again.

greg has been around for a bit, however it did stink of that fishing for debate type of post.  you can often tell these becasue you don;t hear squat from the original poster after the initial post..........because they are either not around....or are sitting back laughing and enjoying the 5 pages of political replys.

Don4107

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 10:13:43 AM »

Talk about fishing for a debate.   Huh

I think giving advise to avoid a dangerous area is as important as advising what practices in converting a bus to avoid.  I think personal safety while busing is just as important and on topic as building and operating a safe bus. 

As always, if a topic has wandered further than your interest just avoid it.  I see no purpose admonishing posters in the middle of a thread that it has moved out of your area of interest.

Don 4107 Eastern Washington
1975 MCI 5B
1966 GM PD 4107 for sale
1968 GMC Carpenter
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 02:35:35 PM »

Hi Guy's

Everything is Relative Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

Can you relate to that? Shocked

Bus Bus Bus
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 02:45:23 PM »

I was targeting the George Carlin Death announcment more.

The Caddy story was appropriate and I said so although I didn;t buy it.

it was the 5 pages of guns and government crap that followed which was BS...... along with the huge threads on oil prices. 
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 03:29:44 PM »

Lighten up, Tekebird.  It'll be ok.  ...What's a tekebird, anyway???

Dennis

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Greg Roberts

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 03:58:53 PM »

Tekebird,
I certainly was not sitting back and watching and I am not about to debate gun control on a bus forum (or anywhere else). My time is generally very limited these days and I seldom get an opportunity to contribute anything meaningful and certainly not something as serious and as important as this subject. You are entitled to an opinion as all of us are but I have to say that you have absolutely exercised poor judgement when sizing up me and any of the words I have written in the thread (or any other thread). All of the gun control debate certainly is taking away from my message as well as discussion that was absolutely bus related but, so did your off hand dismissal of the "story" as false. Again, you have a right to your opinion but you are absolutely off track in your assesment. This really happened to me and my family and it was very disturbing just how quickly this happened. I wonder how many of us here have thought of how we would react in such a situation. Have you? What would you have done? Would be really cool if you could add constructively to the thread and help get the subject back on track. - Greg

Just my opinion but the controlers of this board were kind enough to make a whole seperate section for OFF topic things.. That is stuff that is not DIRECTLY or REMOTELY connected to buses or bus conversions

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! make the moderators jobs easier, please post OFF TOPIC OT stuff there to save them the pain to move it there.

It is already bad enough that a story (true or untrue) about a bus Incident (which in my opinion was a fishing expedition for such a response like it is getting) has turned into a Political and Gun Control Debate.

If you all were civilized and educated people you would restrict your debates to how much rust a Eagle should leave on the ground every time it stops Shocked and other such important bus related items

Check out my Eagle 20 here: http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 05:04:22 PM »

Greg,

happened or not, my point was where it went...I did state that your original post true or not was bus related.

My intended target was more Superpickles post about George Carlins Death.......although sad it had no place at all on the board in my opinion( in anything but the off topic section)

I for one get the tv and newspaper not to mention a home page that has a news ticker on it.....I don;t need "news" pointed out to me.

CONSTRUCTIVE CONTRIBUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as for what I would have done, I travel armed, I am not a small guy at 6'6" and 260# although I likey would not have stopped.  I would have had someone on the phone.  Slowing down would have been an option too......his ability to get in your bus is limited and your ability to push his car anywhere you want is unlimited, the possibility of severe damage to your bus would have been less as well as any injuries...even to the asshole who was f'ing with you

not knowing your final destination outside of 20 miles from Sparta, I would say that is not the route I would have taken.  although likely shorter by mileage, it was late at night so sightseeing was not the purpose of that route, nor any side fieldtrips to see the biggest ball of twine or something.  I would have planned on going all the way across on 20, able to travel at 65+ mph and have service more readily available if you had any mechanical issues.....something I would be more concerned with at night than during the day.  Most of those small towns roll up the streets after dark, save people who are at bars.

sivrtnge2

1994 EAGLE 10/45 CAULDWELL CONVERSION

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 05:26:10 PM »

Tekebird,
What did you mean when you said this???

"Side note:  When Charter bus companies drive through shitty areas....all interior lights remain off, This is so those that are likely to stone the bus etc...can't determine if their "neighbors" ( politcally partially correct identifier of ethnic area dwellers) are on board."
--
BILL
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 05:44:32 PM »

was actually meant to be on the original post about greg's Fiasco.

I think my wording is pretty clear.

Kristinsgrandpa

1988 Neoplan AN 340, 6V-92 TA DDEC II, HT 748 ATEC

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 06:38:33 PM »

I think telling me my opinion shouldn't be allowed is off topic and shouldn't be allowed.

Ed

I'm very conservative, " I started life with nothing and still have most of it left".
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 07:09:58 PM »

Hey Tekebird, I respect your opinions whether I agree with them or not. In most instances, I do agree with you. And when you're giving mechanical advice, I take it as gospel. I believe you have experience and knowledge of value. But I've also had some strange sh-t happen to me in my life, and unless I know facts otherwise, I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. If he believes a man in an old caddy tried to force him to stop, then it probably happened. I am only glad that I wasn't there.
By the way, what is a Tekebird?
Take care, Will

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 07:27:40 PM »

PERCEPTION, it is all perception. What one person considers relative is another persons off-topic. The moderators walk a fine line because if we move a thread, some feel it is censorship and it we don't move it, some say we are not doing our job. Although some threads are very obviously off topic, most are a matter of perception. Personally, from my viewpoint, I rarely move a thread. My feeling is if you feel it is off-topic, just skip that thread and go to the next thread or one that interest you.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: