Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 16, 2014, 08:37:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $6.00 a gallon Diesel  (Read 3014 times)
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 07:17:44 PM »

China is in need of a lot of fuel and that also affects the prices globally.

They much like us have a large territory and have to light and move products
not only there but all over the world just like us.

Most of our fuel problems are caused directly by government mis-management and self interest by those in power either by being voted in or those who bought their way into power.

The simple act of restricting european auto makers from bringing their diesels
here with horrendous epa rules. "BIN 5" and such nonsense. Makes sure that
the strangle-hold that U.S. Auto & Truck makers can get away with murder.
The only reason I mentioned the euro stuff was that they went mostly with
diesels for economy reasons years ago. ONLY the U.S. Restricted the majority
of imports to be GAS only. ( More profit in Gasoline and maintenance of Gasoline powered vehicles. )...

I personally hate the high prices, But like most people, Will just have to deal with it when it comes time to do some traveling.

Even at .91 Cents a mile I will still try to drive...somewhere...If and when I can.

Dave

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Airbag

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 07:46:19 PM »

I think we are competing with China for fuel. If we stop buying alot of made in China items they will stop competing so hard for fuel.

No more trips to Harbor Freight Tool. We are killing ourselves and free trade does not mean we have to buy it.

The China motorcycles are here now, cars are sure to follow. If you don't buy made in USA its your own job you are destroying.

Another year and you can get rich teaching Americans to swim the Rio Grande to get into Mexico.

DIDO
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 05:03:23 AM »

For a long time the primary reason European diesels didn't come to the USA was the lack of ultra low sulphur diesel here.  More diesels are coming from Europe now.

Diesels don't make as much sense since the price of the fuel is so high compared to gasoline.  I always thought there is a limited amount of diesel that could be made from a barrel anyhow?  For a time, US refineries were shipping diesel to Europe in exhcnage for gasoline.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: