Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 11:33:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good to be back!  (Read 2432 times)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« on: June 28, 2008, 07:40:22 PM »

Just got back from a 2 week, 2500 mile trip in "Ye Ole Bus"

Damn, you guys can talk alot in two weeks.....Took me forever to scan the posts...

I think I was 7 pages deep before I caught up!

We had a great time, the bus ran great, not a single problem.

Didn't see many conversions on the road...fuel prices are no doubt causing alot of people to stay home..

I intentionally went the whole two weeks with NO email, phone, or internet.....I did miss the internet!

Anyway, glad to be back....And yes!.....I did miss you all...............

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 07:53:14 PM »

Hi Cliff....Where did you go?  That's a pretty good ride!
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 05:13:39 AM »

Sounds like fun! Glad your back.
Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 11:17:54 AM »

Hi Cliff....Where did you go?  That's a pretty good ride!

Our main destination was Texas!

While there we made several 200 mile trips with the in-laws, it was there first ride in the bus, they really enjoyed how smooth it rode.

But we made stops and detours in Mississippi, Louisiana and several in Florida on the way back.

Took a lot of out of the way roads and enjoyed the drive and scenery.

NCBob let me borrow his GPS and it has moved up on my short list of "must haves"

If your on the fence about buying one, I guarantee if you try one, you will get one.  Just too handy.

I figured 7.2 MPG when guessing how far before a fill up (That has been my minimum MPG @ 65 MPH).

But after filling up at home we did 7.8 MPG @ 65 MPG average.

Cheapest fuel I found was in Beaumont/Orange Texas at 4.51, average on I-10 was 4.69.

Most expensive around Lake City, FL at 4.89.

Cliff

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
luvrbus

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 11:32:57 AM »

Where in Texas were you I hope by this time next year to have 3 pads with hookups so you guys going back to FL can spend the night I am 6 miles south on exit 810 off of I 10 East on Lake Anahuac and Trinity Bay.If you are that way again 20 miles south of I 10 on  the same exit there is a RV Park called Spoonbill ( Smiths Point) where the owner will feed you all the seafood you can eat for free every Friday
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 11:38:29 AM by luvrbus » Logged
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 11:44:36 AM »

Just got back from a 2 week, 2500 mile trip in "Ye Ole Bus"

Damn, you guys can talk alot in two weeks.....Took me forever to scan the posts...

I think I was 7 pages deep before I caught up!

We had a great time, the bus ran great, not a single problem.

Didn't see many conversions on the road...fuel prices are no doubt causing alot of people to stay home..

I intentionally went the whole two weeks with NO email, phone, or internet.....I did miss the internet!

Anyway, glad to be back....And yes!.....I did miss you all...............

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

It would have been 12 pages back if you had a computer with ya...Lol

Glad you had a safe trip!
Welcome home..
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 12:00:06 PM »

Where in Texas were you I hope by this time next year to have 3 pads with hookups so you guys going back to FL can spend the night I am 6 miles south on exit 810 off of I 10 East on Lake Anahuac and Trinity Bay.If you are that way again 20 miles south of I 10 on  the same exit there is a RV Park called Spoonbill ( Smiths Point) where the owner will feed you all the seafood you can eat for free every Friday

We were up in Montgomery, just West of Conroe.

Darn, One of our day trips was to Galveston, could of hit you with a rock

Know better next time.

Cliff

Mark Twain
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 12:04:13 PM »

Nick wrote: It would have been 12 pages back if you had a computer with ya...Lol

Ha! Ha!......I had to read that three times to get what ya meant.....I am really suffering Bus Lag today.....

But your probably right.....LOL... Wink

Cliff

Mark Twain
Lonnie time to go
Lonnie

Saginaw, Michgan

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 12:09:35 PM »

I m very happy you got to put some miles on your bus . Hope it was fun just wondering what motor you have in the bus.  7.8 mpg  I think is not bad

1976 4905
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 12:14:40 PM »

just wondering what motor you have in the bus.  7.8 mpg  I think is not bad

8v71/spicer 4spd

Cliff

Mark Twain
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 12:26:36 PM »

Oh, Left out the best part........

Talked Julie into driving from rest area to rest area 45 miles or so on I-10.

She had driven an automatic school bus before so I knew she could handle it.

I helped her shift up and away we went, I held onto the shifter mid way to help here find, not grind.

Away we went, she says it steered good, but she wasn't used to the way tires tend to track the grooves on the road, but did good.

Then it started pouring, and I could tell this was a little more than she planned on, and to be honest, the Captain wanted to take the helm back......It was a blinding rain.

Just as the rain started back to a light drizzle, we saw the rest area sign one mile, as soon as we crested the next hill there was a wreck in the ditch and lights everywhere.  That is when it occurred to me, She has never actually put on the brakes in this big thing yet.
As I said in my calmest voice {really) I instructed her on how to safely stop us, and she did about 100' short of the stoppage.

Well, that was lesson one....more to follow.....

Cliff

Mark Twain
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 12:55:44 PM »

Sounds like an awesome trip Cliff! And we missed you too! Really we did! Especially me while I was broke down if Kissimmee! LOL! By the way have I mentioned how much I hate bringing my buses to FL? I'll be back down there July 6th thru 11th! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
roadrunnertex

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008, 12:58:51 PM »

Glad you had a safe trip and with no problems. Grin
You should have made the side trip up to Palestine,Texas and we could have compared notes!
MPG sounds like it's about what my Buffalo did on it's trip to Florida 7.1 mpg with the V730 at 65mph on the interstate.
jlv Tongue
Dreamscape

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2008, 02:08:46 PM »

Hey Cliff,

Don't forget about Becky and I are in Abilene. Stop by the next time you are this way. Course it would be better if I'm around.  Grin

Glad you made it home safe and had fun to boot!

See Ya,

Paul
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2008, 02:52:41 PM »

Sounds like an awesome trip Cliff! And we missed you too! Really we did! Especially me while I was broke down if Kissimmee! LOL! By the way have I mentioned how much I hate bringing my buses to FL? I'll be back down there July 6th thru 11th! Grin  BK  Grin

BK,

Email your number and will get together if your time permits.......

Cliff

Mark Twain
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: