Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 04:09:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody have info on the bus'n usa rally  (Read 2673 times)
Gary W

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 01:04:56 PM »

At the meeting we had on Saturday we had a lot of members that like the rally to be in June because the weather is a little cooler. Keeping it at the same location or maybe trying to find a location closer to the ocean was another option. The site in Rickreall is great, lots of parking, big hall with a large kitchen. Joe our chef loves it JC glad you made it home okay.

Gary
luvrbus

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 01:26:03 PM »

You move from a spot that Joe Melroy likes you will be looking for another cook, when he gets settled in he does not like much change
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 01:28:11 PM by luvrbus » Logged
Dreamscape

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 01:35:43 PM »

I lived in Salem for 35 years. August is the worst month in the Willamete Valley. The extreme temperatures you all experienced does not happen often, especially in June. You might have 1 one hundred degree day once a year and sometimes not for 10. And besides the ocean is not that far, and you would be hard pressed to find the accommodations available that you have at the Polk County Fairgrounds. Besides sometimes it can be very windy at the coast.

You should consider keeping at the same place every year. Some years the attendance will be down, other times it might be up. The cost of fuel doesn't help, but I assume there were other issues that kept people from coming.

My folks ( 80 plus years old)have lived in Salem for over 40 years and they just installed A/C in their house this last year. Now they don't have to suffer the heat, I mean high 80's, that is typical for just one month.

Just my 2 cents,

Paul
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 07:31:57 AM »

Hi Luvrbus,

The best way for a rally to meet all of your expectations is to host one yourself. You get to set the dates, pick the location, organize the parking, arrange for the food, choose the vendors and seminar presenters, pick the entertainers, recruit volunteers, schedule all events so that everyone can attend everything they are interested in, and figure out the rally fee so that the cost doesn't prevent anyone from coming. During the rally you will have to handle all of the glitches, complaints, and conflicts that arrise. And, for doing all of this you will have to park far away from all of the activties so no one will think you are among the elite front row.

Let's see , about the first week of January would be ideal, since a lot of people will be in Arizona at that time anyway. Yours will be the first PERFECT rally I have ever attended.

Thanks in advance for your efforts. Please post the details of your rally so we can all plan to be there.

Good luck, Sam 4106

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
luvrbus

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 08:13:34 AM »

How about Feb Sam I have  made plans for the Eagle ,GM and FLX rally at Quartzsite in Jan
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 08:32:02 AM by luvrbus » Logged
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 09:21:00 AM »

Hi Luvrbus,

Oh darn! There goes the PERFECT rally. As per your criticism of Dave, Dick, and Bob, no change of dates are allowed, even if they conflict with another rally. You will just have to try harder. Oh, and don't forget to schedule a tour of a really interesting bus related business, similar to Marathon Coach, for your rally. All the effort you put into your rally will be truely appreciated.

Thanks, Sam 4106

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
luvrbus

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2008, 09:32:10 AM »

Sorry, Sam but you set the date not me.These guys know that they have problems and are trying their best to control it to keep the same things from happening that happen to the best bus rally that we had for years.But they shot their self in the foot at the beginning with not allowing 2 vendors selling the same items rent space that has since changed but it's to late now the vendors are gone   have a good day
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 09:45:10 AM by luvrbus » Logged
BUR

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2008, 09:28:16 PM »

Luvrbus
Sure seems to be a lot of bitterness thier. I was thier and even if it wasn't as
sucessful as years past, I as well as a lot of other people had a great time.
BUR

1980 Prevost   8V71TA  6 speed stick
Homebase   Kelso, Washington
Coming to a city near you      "Fulltiming"
Winter months   Yuma AZ
Dave B

91 Prevost Liberty

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 09:38:36 PM »

This year's 5th annual Bus'n USA rally was another great one.  The seminars, lady's classes, entertainment, commercial displays and the food were great!  We enjoyed a private tour of Marathon Coach, warm weather, root beer floats, belly dancing lessons, and an evening fire pit.  The Saturday night Prime Rib by Joe Melroy was exceptionally good.  I think some come to the rally just for Joe's food - it's that good!  If you missed this year's rally be sure to come next year.  The dates are June 24-28 at the same place. 

Gary LaBombard has again made space available for some pictures of this year's rally.  There are three folders with about 30 photos in each one.  There are also photos of other bus rallys and events in his other folders.  The address is http://community.webshots.com/user/converter101?start=0.  Additional (better) pictures including pictures of the events will soon be posted on the official Bus'n USA web site at http://www.busnusa.com/index.html.  Highlights of past rallys and a Bus'n USA Chapter membership application are also available at this site.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: