Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 07:04:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hot water smells like rotten eggs....  (Read 7949 times)
luvrbus

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2008, 07:27:27 AM »

Jack FWIW the UV system works it has been used in Europe for years to treat water for municipalities and gaining popuatry here in the US here the City Of Houston uses the system now to cut back on the use of chlorine. 
We had it on our pool in Scottsdale because my wife has a reaction to chlorine
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2008, 07:36:01 AM »

Thanks for the information.  I had thought about installing an RO in the bus also, but our system requires a minimum of 40 PSI water pressure and recommends 50 PSI.  Since our bus water system is usually 35-40, I don't think it would work very well. Plus the system we have would take up considerable under counter space that we are already using for other storage needs.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2008, 08:23:30 AM »

Hmmmm, I've not had that experience with needed that much pressure to run an R/O system.  We will have one in BigBus and currently run several in our home.  The higher PSI will produce water faster, but you surely are not required to have a minimum of 40 psi in any system we've installed.  Shoot, a lot of homes on wells only run 35 psi on their low end.

We installed an r/o in my mom's motorhome and it's always worked great for her.  The concern is often more with the amount of wastewater produced into the waste tank than water pressure. 

Perhaps the system you are investigating is different. 

As for UV, well, it can disinfect, that's for sure, but it does not filter out so many of the contaminents that an r/o membrane can.  Also, although R/O unit can reject some bacteria, it is strongly advised that a bacteria problem be treated separately from the filtering process and any continuous bacterial problem should be corrected asap.  Do NOT rely on any "treatment" to continually protect your drinking water, find the source of contamination and correct it if any way possible. . .IMHO, Christy HIcks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
luvrbus

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2008, 09:42:44 AM »

Most people buy a RO system and I have a RO system ,thinking it will  remove the chlorine in water most manufactures are careful about the wording like our Culligan reads reduces the taste and color of chlorine.

Working around water treatment plants most use a gas chlorine to treat the water and I always wondered how you would remove a gas from water with a RO system and filters
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2008, 09:50:48 AM »

hi Guy's,

Here is a link on Ultra Violet water treating and specs.
http://www.americanairandwater.com/uv-water-applications.htm#Drinking_Water

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: