Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 02:25:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pretty damn sad  (Read 7087 times)
Blacksheep

« on: July 05, 2008, 03:55:11 PM »

When a bus nut can't leave home without some low life breaking in and
 robbing them of their personal. Belongings! What's worse is the bastard/s came back the very next night and took more stuff! That's pretty ballsy if you ask me. We think it's a neighbor who knows the bus is and has been gone! They took tv's, sat receivers, jewelry boxes, tools , camera, and did damage to windows and doors!
Man if you only knew how to catch them in the act! The owners have been contacted and have been forced to shorten their stay away from home and will return tommorrow!
Goes to show what low lifes will do for a little money!
BS
cody

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 03:58:22 PM »

Thats terrible, was it someone here on the board that got robbed?
Sojourner

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 04:21:12 PM »

Sorry to hear that had happen to them. Probably for gas money? ? ? Did they break window to get in?

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 04:29:06 PM by Sojourner » Logged
Blacksheep

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 04:23:19 PM »

Yes they come here some but more on BNO.
It just irks the hell out of me to think your home is being watched when they obviously know your gone when they see the bus gone! It's not like these people were on a pleasure trip! They work out of their bus!
Trying to figure out if they (the crooks) are planning to return since the tv was set on the floor.
Looks like they rode up on a golf cart in the dark, did the job and rode off! One suspect in the neighborhood has a golf cart and has been suspect in a local motorhome gas stealing episode but was never proven guilty! Cops know they are local druggies and don't work! They are caretakers for a larger spread on the same street!
BS
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 10:07:28 PM »

I heard there is an older guy in Texas who is pretty good at watching the neighbors stuff!

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 06:52:49 AM »

What happened to good old Tom Horn anyway?  When I get to buying a house again I'm going to put a "beware of neighbor" sign up. Then an extra mailbox with the name Tom Horn on it  Grin

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
cody

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 07:38:51 AM »

Its sad when people can't wait for someone to go somewhere so they can steal your stuff, up here we still are pretty safe from that, until last year when we hit the road with the bus, we had never locked our doors, I didn't even have any idea where the key was, it hadn't been seen for about 20 years lol, we had to put in new locks.  We've left at times for several months and left the doors unlocked and cars in the yard with the keys in the ignition and no problems what so ever.  No body seems to bother anything up here, between the neighbors watching out and my daughter checking on the place every couple of weeks we came home to the same mess we left lol.  Course with us, if a burgler did break in he would look around and thing someone had beat him to it and maybe even leave us a new tv or stereo lol.  I know that places like this are a throw back to earlir times and that crimes like this will catch up with us too but I'm just not looking forward to that day when we become modern too.
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 07:42:53 AM »

Ace, I looked on the BNO board and didn't see anything.
Where is it at?
Thanks
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 07:47:46 AM »

Ace, I looked on the BNO board and didn't see anything.
Where is it at?
Thanks
Jack

Jack,
    I don't think there is anything on the BNO board.  Ace was simply stating that this busnut usually post more on BNO than this board.  I am sure sorry to hear about this. The couple involved have been one of our main helpers with our Bussin' rallies since the first year.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 11:23:08 AM »

Ace we had the same thing happen to us. They saw the bus was gone (hard to miss) and broke a basement window in the back yard to gain entry. We have an alarm system so as soon as they moved into the house they set off a motion detector and the alarm (real loud) and run out of the house in a big hurry. Cops were there in 5 min of the alarm going off. Nothing was taken.
Ron
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 11:53:50 AM »

A friend of mine belongs to a satellite monitoring company, Iím not sure how it works but he has a vacation home that he watches in real time over the Internet.
Some one vandalized his place and he called and they checked back 30 days and caught the people involved, turned it over to the state police.
It is something like globe explorer, 20 bucks a month again Iím not sure.
You cant hide someone is watching.

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Dreamscape

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 12:10:54 PM »

A friend of mine has a similar system that Ed described. He can even move the camers for differant view or angle from anywhere in the world. He showed me and I thought it was pretty neat. Don't remember the name as he got it with his points with Holiday Inn.

I think the one that Ron describes sounded great, big sound to scare away the scumbags!

It's just so sad that people like that exisist.

Paul
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 12:42:31 PM »

Here are some links for video home monitoring services and equipment:

Do it yourself equipment

Store that sells both the equipment and monitoring service plans.

New low cost, home camera monitoring service, uses your own equipment.

Additionally, most local home security systems installers can set you up with these kind of Internet based video home monitoring systems if you want it done professionally for you.

David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 07:41:11 AM »

What happened to good old Tom Horn anyway?  When I get to buying a house again I'm going to put a "beware of neighbor" sign up. Then an extra mailbox with the name Tom Horn on it  Grin

He was no billed by the Grand Jury.  The Castle Doctrine stands strong in Texas.  Yes!!!!  Crimminals now have an extra occupational hazard in their illicit jobs.

David
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 08:06:11 AM »

He was no billed by the Grand Jury.  The Castle Doctrine stands strong in Texas.  Yes!!!!  Crimminals now have an extra occupational hazard in their illicit jobs.

David

I love Texas justice, especially west Texas.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: