Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 12:13:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pretty damn sad  (Read 7243 times)
Blacksheep

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2008, 09:27:28 AM »

Question, what does any of the past storms have to do with a redneck low life neighbor breaking into and stealing your personal belongings ONLY because he knows when your gone since your bus is gone?
I hope everyone can plainly see how topics go astray real quickly! Many friends of mine have often said this why they "read only" and hardly, if ever, post!

BS
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2008, 09:32:49 AM »

Question, what does any of the past storms have to do with a redneck low life neighbor breaking into and stealing your personal belongings ONLY because he knows when your gone since your bus is gone?
I hope everyone can plainly see how topics go astray real quickly! Many friends of mine have often said this why they "read only" and hardly, if ever, post!

BS

Ace your absolutly right it is BS that YOUR thread got hijacked by us unthoughtful folks. And I for one apologize because I didn't even scan back to see what the original topic was. I just added my 2 cents to what was on the last post on it I read, because I do read every thread (and don't complain either way about threads going off topic, or being off topic to start with. But your mileage may vary!) Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2008, 09:34:45 AM »

JohnEd, does not seem like quibbling. But you have misread one thing. Many times we read only the printed part of the paper, sometimes we must also read the white and interpet the grey.
 The NG, many of whom are decorated,  battle hardened, combat veterans were not allowed into New Orleans becuse it was too dangerous Grin Grin Grin

OK tires, transmissions, RotellaT, alarmsystems, 12 mpg.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 12:08:13 PM by jjrbus » Logged

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2008, 09:52:27 AM »

BS

Sometimes GREAT THINGS come as a result of the topic going astray, sometimes - not so much. . . .
Low-lifes are an ever present nuisance & some (myself included) don't know what to do about it, so we talk about what comes to mind in hopes of finding a good idea or something else to try.

As for the "hardly, if ever posting", the reason I most often hear is to avoid being flamed or being taken out of context.  Sad

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2008, 10:05:50 AM »

JJR,

REALLY enjoyed you post. Grin Grin  I agree!  Smiley Mostly....except fo the 15MPG Shocked...now I take serious issue with that. Huh Roll Eyes

And a good day to you Sir from you fellow Knut,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
bobsw

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2008, 06:35:17 PM »

NC Bob   I just want to know what the difference is between a junk yard dog and a mother in law in residence.

73 MCI-7
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2008, 06:37:34 PM »

Most people like the dog Huh

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2008, 09:56:00 PM »

We live at the end of a road.  It is likely that the only person that would know we are gone is our closest neighbor who is a parolee with a long history of crime, much of it violent.  We are on pretty good terms though, he has done some work for me, and he knows of my past in law enforcement.  I was thinking of speaking to him before our next trip and asking him to keep watch for strangers at our place.  I figure he will know we are gone anyway and, just in case he doesn't realize that he is suspect #1 if anything happens, it would clearly put him in the picture.  What do you think?

By the way, as a past resident of New Orleans and having a son the lived there both up to, and after Katrina, whatever you think happened there, it was worse.  It is hard to imagine multi-level screw ups like that could happen completely without intention.  The situation in the Midwest was really not comparable.  Possibly some, having limited news sources and generally being unfamiliar with urban environments, do not fully understand what happened there.  Yes, it is known that New Orleans has a high crime rate, and that would suggest that there is a relatively large criminal element, but that is still just a small part of the general population.  Please, before passing judgment on others, try to understand the problems.  Be careful not to allow racial attitudes to intrude.  Even if your generalization were partially accurate, it would be grossly unfair to the vast majority.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 10:26:03 PM »

Lin,

Thanks for your post.  Nice to know that law enforcement was not as negative as they are usually presented.  I knew that already, though.

I am not a conspiracy nut and I am sure you aren't either.  Your "without intention"  comment did not slip by me and I am sure others caught it as well.  I agree, of course.  There were so many instances where people or entire agencies were held back for no understandable reason other than the higher-ups just wanted to "let it burn to the ground" so to speak.  That entire area is a hot bed of Democrats and that's one sick reason.  The other is that it is black and that is just as sick.  The White House was putting out news briefs that said things were under control and they were not.  The one that really floored me was Scott McClellan saying that rescue workers had gotten to the sports stadium and were passing out water and food and that was simply not the truth at all and Browny was mad about that also at the time.  People died without need or excuse and I think somebody has to pay for that with their lives if they did it without regard for the lives that were lost.

I think you are going to see a whole pile of pardons when this crew leaves town.

I like your idea of telling your neighbor that you are leaving town and asking him to "keep an eye".  I'll bet your ulterior motive isn't lost on the con either.  Being paranoid, they turn most everything inside out looking for the hook.

Thanks again for sharing and it is great to hear from a fellow conservative,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2008, 11:01:27 PM »

I wanted to add that the Massachusetts law, if it is true, would probably not hold up on constitutional grounds if it was reviewed in Federal courts.  Further, although I assume that everyone knows it, if you ever have to use lethal force to protect yourself, make sure the intruder has a weapon in his hand when the police get there.  I once overheard a New Orleans City Attorney (same as a DA) tell a man charged with trespassing that he was lucky he was not in his (the City Attorney's) back yard.  He said he would have shot him and put a knife in his hand.  It seems that it is standard procedure.  Also, if in such a situation, never make any statement without a lawyer's advice.  You are the subject of a criminal investigation and can not assume that the police, being good guys, will see you and treat you as another good guy.  It is often, frighteningly enough, quite the contrary.  They will not necessarily see you as and honest citizen, but rather as a fool for your willingness to talk yourself into a hole.

bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2008, 03:05:31 AM »

Ace, to bring this back to your topic and away from the hijacking.....it really is a shame that you can't go away and relax a few days without having to worry about what you have left behind. 

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2008, 11:27:41 AM »

BS(Ace),

I thought your original post was about property crime during the owners absence.  I pretty much saw the posts following that general direction with maybe a segway into "motive" and underlying causes.( for crime, not travel)  You got almost 1,300 views to your subject and 40 replies so it was very popular among the Knuts as a subject and you as a posting Knut.  Me included.

Thank you for making this post and bringing it up.  Also, thanks to those that took the time to comment and add something to the topic, even if we didn't solve the problem of "crime in America today". Grin

Now this really is "off topic". Grin

John

—Pla
kingfa39

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2008, 12:46:14 PM »

Joe Horn was cleared of all wrong doing and no charges were brought against him, The local black panters are protesting along with hundreds of other black folks saying Joe Horn is a cold blooded murderer, shame this kind of thing has to go on, if the shooter had been black and the criminals white there would be no issue. when will this racist stuff end?? In my veiw Joe horn did society a favor by getting rid of twp low lifes that nobody needs alive in our society
Frank allen
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2008, 01:55:35 PM »

Joe Horn was cleared of all wrong doing and no charges were brought against him, The local black panters are protesting along with hundreds of other black folks saying Joe Horn is a cold blooded murderer, shame this kind of thing has to go on, if the shooter had been black and the criminals white there would be no issue. when will this racist stuff end?? In my veiw Joe horn did society a favor by getting rid of twp low lifes that nobody needs alive in our society
Frank allen

Actually the criminals were illegal immigrants from Columbia.

Horn fatally shot the burglars, two illegal immigrants from Colombia named Diego Ortiz and Miguel de Jesus.

But I agree on your general thought.  I wish race wasn't an issue in anything.
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2008, 03:40:19 PM »

On the issue of race?  How about an 8v71 versus a 6v92.  No turbos allowed!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: