Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 03:07:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stories for Bus Conversion Magazine  (Read 2697 times)
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 03:35:48 PM »

I've written maybe a dozen articles for a couple of farm publications over the years.  You never know what is going to generate calls.  Some of the articles that I thought I would get calls on I got nothing and then there'd be one that kept the phone ringing for a month.  And once in a while you get a call where you wonder what planet the guy is calling from and how the H you are going to ever get him off the other end of the phone.  So its not always bad when you get no calls.

And FTR I kind of liked Doreen's streams of consciousness.  Its a whole different ballgame when you have to write to a deadline.  Its no big deal to write a guest article that is scheduled to run "sometime".  Its another cat altogether when you have to churn out a new piece of prose every month.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
chazwood

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 04:58:51 PM »

Jack and Chaz,
I for one, have enjoyed your articles.  Well written and good pics.  Thanks for all your efforts!  Without guys like you, who will make an effort, look what the rest of us would miss.  Good going.
Dennis

Thank you Dennis Cheesy
That $20 I promised you for saying that, is gone....my fish ate it. sorry.

1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 09:06:12 PM »

I have published three articles and feel good about contributing.  I have a fourth in the works. 

Many years ago, I wrote an SAE technical pager on the subject of the statics of belt fatigue failures based on laboratory testing.  I got a call from a heart valve manufacturer asking how they could go about establishing a test program to determine their product life expectancy!!  I wish I had recorded the name of the company so that when my aging ticker needs a rebuild, I could avoid that supplier  Grin

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
ktmossman

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 06:02:48 AM »

Chazwood, your articles are the only thing in the magazine my wife reads.  Of course, I'm not sure what that means...on several levels... Huh Grin
chazwood

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 08:19:51 AM »

Chazwood, your articles are the only thing in the magazine my wife reads.  Of course, I'm not sure what that means...on several levels... Huh Grin

Whatever that "means"...... You have my permission to tell her...... she just made my day. Grin

1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: