Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 02:25:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 Non-Rally at The Cove (first weekend in October)  (Read 27156 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2008, 05:29:56 AM »

I took the trailer over last night & was able to visit a little before I had to run off for that dirtiest of 4 letter words - WORK.

The weather is GREAT & the earlier clouds cast with an unsubstantiated accusation have cleared & a good time is being had by all. Grin  Cool  Grin  Cool  Grin

Anytime 2 or more busnuts are together, a good time will be found.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: October 04, 2008, 10:47:10 AM »

Friends, I came down with a horrific case of Gout last evening and I hadn't even been misbehaving!  It's all I can do to walk. Fortunately I have some pills from the Doc that will take care of it by Monday with a little help from Advil.

Enjoy...Jackie and I regret that we'll miss the fun.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2008, 12:59:37 PM »

Sad, sad news from The Cove.

The 2008 Non-Rally is officially over.  Cry

In spite of my efforts, a GREAT time was had by ALL in attendance! (& even a few who didn't make it.  Shocked)

The weather was as good as it gets & the company was even better!
Met some new friends & added faces to names (mostly good,  Wink )
Those LP fire pits were great.
The musical entertainment was absolutely perfect thanks to JR & Gary.
The BBQ was also perfect, THANK YOU ED & ANN   Kiss(for Ann, sorry Ed, you'll have to settle for a handshake)  Grin  Cool
Thanks to my Mom for helping so much with the meals & keeping them close to the schedule.
Thanks Jon for the grill & making those awesome hamburgers!

But the best thanks goes to all who attended & made everything worth while.
I really didn't have to do much since everyone was so great about helping.

Stay tuned for details of the 2009 Non-Rally at The Cove (Oct 4th thru the 10th, 2009) We'll be sharing the facilities with the Airstreamers.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
busing704

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2008, 03:05:34 PM »

Kyle I would like to thank you for a great time. The food was great the people better and the talks were the best. THANKS Jerry and RoseMary Smiley Smiley Smiley Cheesy Cheesy
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2008, 05:49:17 PM »

You GO KYLE, we had a ball!
Jack-N-Dianne

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2008, 06:06:02 PM »

Jack, did you get your 'issue' resolved?

Missed you & Dianne at lunch, the BBQ & baked spaghetti were just as good the second time. . . . You missed out!

Enjoyed y'alls company too!

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2008, 07:30:09 PM »

ME TOO!  Had a great time...once that %%$^&* exploded tire thingy was resolved.   Sad
I have now proven that my narrow a$$ can change an inner dual without killing something.  Grin 
Now's a good time to replace 6 tires....where to start?!   Shocked
No problems at all on the return trip!   I drove a little slower...now I'm scared of the tires. 
Anyone need some 315/80R-22.5 takeoffs?   Got five that look really good! 
Thanks to Jack and Jim for their assistance in getting my replaced tire up to pressure.  My spare had 86 lbs of air...I had an air line...it just wouldn't supply air...bummer.  MCI has a lot of check valves in the air system!  Huh   Oh well.  That'll be an easy fix.  When the spare goes back into the compartment, it'll have the valve stem forward so that it is easily serviceable. 
Really enjoyed the Non-Rally!  The weather was perfect!  Plenty of good feed!  Kyle's Mom kept him under control!   Grin Wink
LOTS of good conversation!   Really nice bunch of busnuts!  Smiley
Thanks to Gary L for organizing the 'setting of the awnings' and supplying heat Saturday night!  It did get a little cool outside in the evenings...sitting under an awning with a fireplace was nice.
Now I've got all this 'plumbers crack' that I had to bring back.  Gene wasn't able to make the trip sooooo we got all these plumbing things....actually, Gene says he's fixed the leaks.   
We're planning for Arcadia....and new tires.   
I semi-winterized the bus after Terri got it cleaned up.  Seems to take her a long time to wash one lousy bus.   Whatever, as long as it gets done!  Roll Eyes
T enjoyed herself too...I can tell.  I got out my big picture of an MCi "E" model that I carry around here...like a Christmas wish-book.   Usually that picture gets maybe a cross look...not today...she says 'lemmie see that'...Cool!  We're moving in the right direction.  Not very fast, but...she likes the stairwell and dash!   Who knows, I may skip the "D" model!   WinkRoll Eyes   
Now I'm just gonna wait for "O" to get me some health insurance!  Retirement is going to be sooo great! 
Kyle, put me down for next year! 

Cheers, JR and Terri 

« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 07:36:15 PM by NJT5047 » Logged

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2008, 07:48:40 PM »

Thanks all for making this a pleasureable gathering it takes some effort for me to actually speak instead of type you-all Cheesy,  It was great to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones and familys somebody brought the "meanest women in the south".  Plenty of interesting buses.  Extremely sharp eagle, some MCi's, one with a series 50, but mostly GMC's(however no scenicruisers Cheesy), there was a silversides with a DDEC 6 92 in it(i think 92)

I believe i ate more than i brought Shocked but there seemed to be plenty.  Big thanks to the bringer of the sliced tomatoes,  I had a nice big delicously messy mater burger Smiley  

Would like to especially thank the Brandts for "Bringin' it on!"  

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2008, 05:43:52 AM »

Paula & I also want to thank everyone involved in this rally.  I won't mention names, because I do not want to forget anyone. So, I will just say "Great Food, Great Weather, Great Friends, and a GREAT TIME"!  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2008, 05:46:46 AM »

there was a silversides with a DDEC 6 92 in it(i think 92)

That was an inline 6-71 DDEC.  Yes, it was a DDEC controlled L6-71  Jack

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: October 06, 2008, 05:50:33 AM »

Gene did an amazing job with the install. Everything looked simple - untill you started looking at all the small details - WOW, the attention to detail is AMAZING! Gene is a very talented guy with great ideas! Was really great to meet them!

luvrbus

« Reply #131 on: October 06, 2008, 07:25:51 AM »

A DDEC 671 in line that is #5 I know of now and that is great engine makes a rocket in the GM buses pretty good for a engine that most on the board said was never made   good luck
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #132 on: October 06, 2008, 09:30:06 AM »

I don't remember the RPM, but the nameplate on the engine said 330 HP and build date wass 1991  Jack
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 09:43:07 AM by JackConrad » Logged

johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: October 06, 2008, 10:43:31 AM »

Jack,

Do you have more Photos of the rally to post??

Thank

John
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: October 06, 2008, 01:59:17 PM »

Jack,

Do you have more Photos of the rally to post??

Thank

John

Ask & ye shall receive  Grin

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/567736610cBxRiq

A HUGE thanks to Gary for taking the time to take & post these for us all to enjoy!  Cool

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: