Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 06:03:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 Non-Rally at The Cove (first weekend in October)  (Read 27374 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2008, 06:33:25 AM »

Potluck it is! That way everyone will have something they like  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2008, 05:01:08 PM »

This'll be easy for me...I like everything!       
Man...I just finished washing the bus.  We spent essentially the whole half week stuck in the bus.  That's not so bad...but it rained from about an hour after we arrived until Saturday afternoon.   Never put out the awning, didn't play a bit of music, and never put out even a chair.   NASTY weather. 
Oh well.  You win some and you lose some.   
The music was good, and it was under a large covered area.  So that went pretty good. 
I scrounged up some scrap lumber and made a 'boardwalk' to the bus so we didn't have to walk thru the wet grass and mud. 
The festival had the feel of a private showing.   Between the weather and the gasoline shortage, they probably had 10% of the usual crowed.   Someone lost their butts on this event.  Last year was about as bad.
Looks like the Non-Rally is going to be cool, but nice othewise.  Similar to last October.    It got right cool up there last year, but the weather was great during the day.  I was sorta counting on Cliff to bring that home-grown outdoor fireplace....?!  Roll Eyes
See ya'll on Thursday! 
Ed, y'all bringing that little pup with you?   Wink
Cheers, JR   Cool

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Ed Brenner

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2008, 08:01:55 PM »

JR, I assume you mean mom's little pup , Hank 125 pounds.
   Nah, he ain't going to be there but my killer (REBEL) the 12 pound minpin that thinks
   he weighs 125 will be there.

see ya soon ED   

Ed Brenner
77 Eagle 05  Murrells inlet, SC
 " While We're At It " A Busnut's most costly Phrase !!
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2008, 12:03:13 PM »

JR, I assume you mean mom's little pup , Hank 125 pounds.
   Nah, he ain't going to be there but my killer (REBEL) the 12 pound minpin that thinks
   he weighs 125 will be there.

see ya soon ED   

Great!  Isn't he the minpin digger dog?  Point to a place on the ground and he excavates?   Wink
Does he like ferrets?   Roll Eyes
We had the pleasure of Sporty last year.  Very nice little dog.   Ron gave the dog to EdNJ...bummer.  I about stole Sporty! 
Oh well.  Reckon I'll have to pay for one soon!  T wants a dog. 
She wants a Japanese Chin.   NOT a manly sort of a dog. 
See ya'll soon.  JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2008, 01:06:40 PM »

Quote from: NJT5047
Great!  Isn't he the minpin digger dog?  Point to a place on the ground and he excavates?   Wink
Does he like ferrets?   Roll Eyes
We had the pleasure of Sporty last year.  Very nice little dog.   Ron gave the dog to EdNJ...bummer.  I about stole Sporty! 
Oh well.  Reckon I'll have to pay for one soon!  T wants a dog. 
She wants a Japanese Chin.   NOT a manly sort of a dog.  
See ya'll soon.  JR

JR you should compromise with her and get a Shar pei very cool & cute too! Super good dogs great temperament and lots of fun too! Also I'm quite sure you won't have the problem I had when I had mine yrs ago!
Seems a very smart and ambitious 2 something yr old had been watching mommy iron clothes and learned that the iron made the wrinkles go away!
Well I guarantee you that "Wrinkles" the dog NEVER forgot that incident, and never ever trusted that little girl when she was near him alone again!
By the way she wasn't successful in removing his wrinkles, but he did have a permanent Iron shaped area where the hair stayed flat! LOL Poor IL' "Wrinkles" I still feel bad for him everytime I remember that! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2008, 07:13:43 PM »

JR you should compromise with her and get a Shar pei very cool & cute too! Super good dogs great temperament and lots of fun too! Also I'm quite sure you won't have the problem I had when I had mine yrs ago!
Seems a very smart and ambitious 2 something yr old had been watching mommy iron clothes and learned that the iron made the wrinkles go away!
Well I guarantee you that "Wrinkles" the dog NEVER forgot that incident, and never ever trusted that little girl when she was near him alone again!
By the way she wasn't successful in removing his wrinkles, but he did have a permanent Iron shaped area where the hair stayed flat! LOL Poor IL' "Wrinkles" I still feel bad for him everytime I remember that! Grin  BK  Grin

I dunno about a 'pre-wrinkled' dog... Grin   Shar Pei are pretty good sized dogs aren't they?   Terri wants a little dog.  I'm neutral on the size.  I've got a lab and a mutt.  The mutt is probably the most unfriendly dog I've ever had.  He's plenty friendly to us, but not to anyone else.  The lab like everything and everyone.   T wants a little lap dog.
Thanks anyway BK!  I'll pass the suggestion on to the boss.   Wink
Ed's minpin, and Ned and Wilma's pups are 'right-sized' for riding in a bus. 
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2008, 07:34:11 PM »

JR the Shar Pei are usually around 40-50 lbs not really what I call a big dog, but not really a lilltle dog either! Most little bity ankle bitters tend to be annoying to me as most not all (I have met some great bus nut with some great little well behaved dogs such as Gary & Linda's,  Ned & Wilma's, Mike & Jay's, & of course the famous "SPORTY") tend to BARK anytime they are awake! I love dogs period, but some little yip yaps tend to get on this big ol lazy dogs nerves! Now if ya want a big dog then think Sheppard (German or Old English Sheep) or St. Bernard, Lab, Newflound, Great Dane, etc! I know I'm ramblin' but to me a medium sized dog like a Shar Pei or simular would make a good traveling dog! Besides if ya traain a medium to large dog right you can tell people it's a service dog and take it anywhere! Try that with a tiny dog that you have to carry! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2008, 10:14:48 AM »

I have not had a chance to finish the plumbing, so looks like I'm not going to make it with the bus.  We may still ride up and visit for the day.   

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
Blacksheep

« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2008, 11:39:41 AM »

It seems our plans that we made to make the trip to the Cove have been changed which was not our choice so it looks like we will NOT be attending with or without our bus as we originally planned and I'm sure this will please the "one" person in this little clique that was kind enough to send me the email!

Whoever it was/is , you got your wish! I hope this brings a smile to your face. Lord knows you must live every day without one! Just so you know, I tossed it around for a few days and really thought about attending anyway, JUST to make YOUR day, but thought better of it. I figure if your low enough to send the message, then I'm big enough to stay away!

Our next outing will be at Fly Wheelers Park with real bussin friends!

Ya'll have a great time and hope the weather is good!   Wink

Ace
Dallas

« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2008, 11:44:14 AM »

Ace, I still count you as a friend.

and we won't be there either.

Dallas

PS: I can count my real friends on the fingers of one hand and still have a couple of fingers left over.. I never worry about the rest.

It seems our plans that we made to make the trip to the Cove have been changed which was not our choice so it looks like we will NOT be attending with or without our bus as we originally planned and I'm sure this will please the "one" person in this little clique that was kind enough to send me the email!

Whoever it was/is , you got your wish! I hope this brings a smile to your face. Lord knows you must live every day without one! Just so you know, I tossed it around for a few days and really thought about attending anyway, JUST to make YOUR day, but thought better of it. I figure if your low enough to send the message, then I'm big enough to stay away!

Our next outing will be at Fly Wheelers Park with real bussin friends!

Ya'll have a great time and hope the weather is good!   Wink

Ace
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2008, 01:06:47 PM »

I think most here know ace & i don't always agree (well actually, never intentionally  Wink ) & aren't on either's Christmas card list.  Shocked  Roll Eyes

But, with the economy the way it is, do we really need to wish misfortune on others?

So, no private nastygrams. (Either keep it to your self, or post it so we can all enjoy the bickering.   Tongue  Cool )
What good is a fight anyway, if there is no audience?  Grin

(I know I'm no saint & I sometimes yeild to temptation, but I'm trying to do better - some days it even shows  Cool )

Debates & discussions don't need to degread to personal attacks, do they?

We don't have to like someone to show a little decency or respect, do we? After all, if they are here, we already have something in common, lets focus on that & over look the differences that are sometimes annoying.

Lets save the hostility for the politicians robbing us blind.  Grin Grin Grin

Living well is the best revenge.

Revenge is a dish that is best served cold.
For me, that dish usually ends up as forgiveness & if you have ever truly forgiven someone, you know how good it is to be free of the burden.

BTW, forgive & forget are two different things. (I forgave the crook that conned me on a bus deal, but I ain't gonna forget that lesson! )

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2008, 01:33:43 PM »

Quote from: kyle4501
So, no private nastygrams. (Either keep it to your self, or post it so we can all enjoy the bickering.   Tongue  Cool )
What good is a fight anyway, if there is no audience?  Grin

(I know I'm no saint & I sometimes yeild to temptation, but I'm trying to do better - some days it even shows  Cool )

BTW, forgive & forget are two different things. (I forgave the crook that conned me on a bus deal, but I ain't gonna forget that lesson! )
[/size]

Kyle I tell ya I know why it is I love ya, & why we occassionally but heads! We both a like! ! LOL!!

Howed you get cooned on a bus? Ain't free? FREE ! LOL! jest kid'n! LOL!  Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2008, 01:41:27 PM »

I've stewed over this all day having received a message from Ace and what was done chewing on my gut. There's no question that we, some of us, can have differences of opinion from time to time but this is beyond the pale.

To my friends Ace and Susan, I plead, please come to Palmetto Cove for the weekend. Your presence will help make a great week-end even better! And to Ace personally, be the man I know you to be and shrug this foolishness off as a duck would water off its' back. If there is one person in our community who has an ax to grind with you....let him step NOW. Or skulk off in the shadows like the coward I believe him to be.

We don't need, nor will I tolerate, people like this. I may not be the 'Queen of the May' but you don't really wish to have me for an adversary.

On behalf of Kyle, with whom I just spoke, I again extend an invitation to Ace, Susan & Bud to join us at Palmetto Cove for this coming week end. And to the individual in question I extend to you and invitation for a watermelon suppository which I will be happy to install!

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2008, 01:53:24 PM »

BK, I got conned by a guy that claimed to be "the last Marlboro man" (he wasn't, I checked, but that was after the fact . . . ). He presented the bus as his own. The storage place acknowledged him as the bus' owner. He claimed to have misplaced the paperwork & . . . . . A friend checked out the bus & it started right up with no smoke, built air quickly & held air, etc. . . . . I believed him & sent him the $$. While we were preparing the bus for the ~800 mile trip home, a fellow stopped by & after some discussions, he left & returned with the title signed over to him. "Marlboro man's" name wasn't ever on the title. In for a penny, in for a pound, so I paid the legal owner his price (I wish I had met him sooner as his price was much lower!) & drove it home.

I looked in to what my options were & found the legal system does a damn fine job of protecting crooks & screwing fools who get scammed. Took a while, but I've moved past it. Since it cost more than I'd planned, there isn't $$ to work on it yet . . . . . .

Some days, it's 1 step forward, 3 steps backward, so I'm waiting for the tide to turn before moving  Grin

NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2008, 07:17:32 PM »

...I looked in to what my options were & found the legal system does a damn fine job of protecting crooks & screwing fools who get scammed. Took a while, but I've moved past it. Since it cost more than I'd planned, there isn't $$ to work on it yet . . . . . .

Some days, it's 1 step forward, 3 steps backward, so I'm waiting for the tide to turn before moving  Grin

It'll be allrite Kyle after you get your economic bailout chayeck Shocked

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: