Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 09:59:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 Non-Rally at The Cove (first weekend in October)  (Read 27954 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« on: July 09, 2008, 09:33:59 AM »

The October (3rd - 5th) 2008 Non-Rally in the mountains of South Carolina at Palmetto Cove.

http://www.palmettocove.com/

I have reserved space at the park from September 29th thru October 5th.

Since I have to work, Im planning on being there Friday afternoon, but early arrivals are fine.  Grin

No reservations required (because they do not take them!)
$20(tax included) per night full hookups. (30Amp, water & sewer)
You must be fully self contained (shower, toilet, & kitchen) per state health department rules since there are no bath houses there.

Last year, we parked close to the road & it worked out well. There is a nice area close to road on the far right (as you enter the park) that worked well for a gathering spot & we can set up some canopies there.

There is no rally fee.  Shocked Grin  Cool  There will be a donation pot for those who wish to help offset the cost of the meals.

The Non-Schedule:
(subject to change, so stay tuned  Grin )

Im going to try to have something (maybe baked spaghetti or lasagne ? ? ) for Friday night dinner & keep it warm for the late arrivals.

For Saturday night, Ill bring the pulled BBQ & we can have a pot luck meal.

For lunch, I was thinking burgers & such & grilling on a large charcoal grill.

For breakfast youre on your own!

Please post to share ideas, opinions, suggestions & if you can make it. If I can get an idea of how many are attending, I will know how much BBQ & such to bring.

Anyone have a canopy to bring & share?

Those with musical talents are encouraged to share.  Cool

THANKS
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 01:55:45 PM by kyle4501 » Logged

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 09:43:54 AM »

Quote from: kyle4501
The October (3rd - 5th) 2008 Non-Rally in the mountains of South Carolina at Palmetto Cove.

http://http://www.palmettocove.com/

I have reserved space at the park from September 29th thru October 5th.

Since I have to work, Im planning on being there Friday afternoon, but early arrivals are fine.  Grin

No reservations required (because they do not take them!)
$20(tax included) per night full hookups. (30Amp, water & sewer)
You must be fully self contained (shower, toilet, & kitchen) per state health department rules since there are no bath houses there.

Last year, we parked close to the road & it worked out well. There is a nice area close to road on the far right (as you enter the park) that worked well for a gathering spot & we can set up some canopies there.

There is no rally fee.  Shocked Grin  Cool  There will be a donation pot for those who wish to help offset the cost of the meals.

The Non-Schedule:
(subject to change, so stay tuned  Grin )

Im going to try to have something (maybe baked spaghetti or lasagne ? ? ) for Friday night dinner & keep it warm for the late arrivals.

For Saturday night, Ill bring the pulled BBQ & we can have a pot luck meal.

For lunch, I was thinking burgers & such & grilling on a large charcoal grill.

For breakfast youre on your own!

Please post to share ideas, opinions, suggestions & if you can make it. If I can get an idea of how many are attending, I will know how much BBQ & such to bring.

Anyone have a canopy to bring & share?

Those with musical talents are encouraged to share.  Cool

(Could a moderator please add a link to this thread in the calander section?)

THANKS

Kyle not trying to start a bashing or a buncha quibbling, but I find it sort of contradicting on the parts I highlighted! LOL! Good luck and have a great time! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 10:07:13 AM »

I have penciled this trip on the itenerary.

What size canopy do you need?

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 10:32:01 AM »

Kyle not trying to start a bashing or a buncha quibbling, but I find it sort of contradicting on the parts I highlighted! LOL! Good luck and have a great time! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin
Why not? Bashing & quibbling get higher ratings!  Grin  Cool  Roll Eyes

Sorry for the confusion, to clarify, this is a RALLY PARK & while you can't reserve an individual camping spot, you can reserve space for a rally, & by so doing, we will get to have exclusive use of the shelter one night & the hall the other night.  Grin

As for the canopy size needed, I don't know  Shocked , but I think we can use almost any size, although a couple of 20' x 40' might be a bit much to ask for tho.  Grin
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 08:00:55 PM by kyle4501 » Logged

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 08:11:55 AM »

Slight snag in the plans. Looks like I may need some assistance with the BBQ. Anyone have suggestions?

CAROLINABOY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 07:45:06 PM »

Hey KYLE, I looked at the pictures at the cove I guess last year and this may be a silly question but I didn't see any chidren there I have 4 kids, anything for them to do while I drill everyone with questions about buses?Huh??

servant for JESUS CHRIST
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 08:13:21 PM »

Hey KYLE, I looked at the pictures at the cove I guess last year and this may be a silly question but I didn't see any chidren there I have 4 kids, anything for them to do while I drill everyone with questions about buses?Huh??

Well, I ain't Kyle, but there were quite a few kids there last October.  Gary just didn't take their  pics... Wink
Just let'em go out and play with the other wannabee adults.    If your kids actually go outside and play...there will other children there with other campers and busnuts at the park.  Bring their bicycles.  I don't believe children on motorized toys would be especially welcomed by the park.   
When I was just a little chitlin...the mountains wasn't my favorite destination...gimmie the beach!   Now that I'm a curmudgeon geezer, I love the mountains!   
There's a really cool rapids flowing at the back of the park...kids love that.  See the rapids (and other CG info) at:  http://www.palmettocove.com/    Their web site may help with your questions. 
There were a lot of pets there too!  Gary took their pics....Breck's children even had a ferret thingy on a leash.  That was interesting.    Grin
You're at the edge of the mountains...only 20 miles from Brevard.  There are a lot of things to do if you want to drive around a little.  We're going to run out for a few mid-day Saturday.  I'm gonna go find some bluegrass pickers for Sat evening!  Yee haw!  Cheesy
See ya there, JR   

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 09:03:26 PM »

What age are your kids? My kids are 11 & 14. They will be there & hoping to have others to play with.  Grin

They didn't get bored last year. There is a river to play in & woods to stomp in & a nice area to ride bikes - they just have to remember to keep it slow so as to not run anyone over.  Shocked  (& mine must have a helmet to ride)

Maybe someone has a craft or activity to share with the kids?

bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 06:07:55 AM »

Dallas and I are hoping things work out for us to make it for this one.

Carolinaboy, your kids will love Kyles kids. They are really neat and I think they are actually adults in kids bodies.  If Kyles nieces get to go they are younger and super sweet.  This is also a place where the kids can have fun without having to have someone guarding them like at some campgrounds. 

Hope to get to see you there! 

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 07:53:57 AM »

Thanks Cat, but ALL the kids there were GREAT!

Here is a picture of some of the kids there last July.
Sorry, I couldn't find one from the October non-rally.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 08:17:41 AM by kyle4501 » Logged

bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 08:32:42 AM »

Sorry, wasn't trying to slight anyone. I just don't know who else will be there with kids but I know your kids will be.  You are right, all that bunch was terrific. 

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 08:35:23 AM »

Cat, It must have been your influence on 'em.  Grin

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 07:46:55 PM »

Thanks Cat, but ALL the kids there were GREAT!

Here is a picture of some of the kids there last July.
Sorry, I couldn't find one from the October non-rally.

Who supervised Bubbagal?  Hmmmmm? Grin
Ya'll better find your way down here this fall!  It's time to visit your 'homeland'! 
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Ed

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 04:29:52 PM »

Slight snag in the plans. Looks like I may need some assistance with the BBQ. Anyone have suggestions?
What kind of help do you need? I can probably furnish BBQ pull pork, how much do you need, a good friend of mine does them. He slow cooks them for 24 hrs. We will be attending planning on going out there on the 28th ,also asked 3 other busses to attend, 8 people? We also have a conapy 10X20 that we cary with us     
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 07:54:41 PM »

Hey Ed,
GREAT! Thanks for the offer! Pulled pork will be awesome!
I don't know how much we need. I try to over plan so we don't run out during the meal.  Shocked
The leftovers are sure good Sunday for lunch.  Cool

I'm thinking at least 50 .  .  .  .
We can work out all the details & can get a better idea early September of who all is going to be there.  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: