Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 16, 2014, 03:23:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 Non-Rally at The Cove (first weekend in October)  (Read 24314 times)
Blacksheep

« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2008, 10:18:41 AM »

Kyle I can call em too!

Swing your partner round and round, pick her up and throw her down!
Dosey doe ya'll,
Its high time we had a ball...now pick her up off that floor and swing your partner right out the door!

See nothing to it! Wink

Ace
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2008, 10:21:44 AM »

And of course we will have Shy, the ferret, on a leash again.
Breck

We did not make the fall rally last year (we were at the first one).  I would like to see Shy, we had 5 ferrets several years ago (3 sable, 1 albino, and 1 butterscotch).  The are neat pets and we could watch them play for hours.  Have you ever set up a childs play pool for yours?  We would tilt the pool so one end had water and other end was dry (but not for long when thery were playing in the water.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Dreamscape

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2008, 10:38:40 AM »

Ferrets Huh

What we bus knuts won't do for some pleasure. I have never owned one, they are sure cute though. You guys are too funny. Roll Eyes

Have a bunch of fun and the Non Rally!

Ike is heading to Eisenhower State Park for this weeks TBR, must have missed each other.  Cry

Paul
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2008, 11:17:11 AM »

Kyle I can call em too!

Dosey doe ya'll,
Its high time we had a ball...now pick her up off that floor and swing your partner right out the door!

See nothing to it! Wink

Ace

I'd never throw Nancy down,  Shocked   If I did, you can bet your shirt that it will be me who gets swung out the door!  Shocked

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2008, 02:00:55 PM »

Kyle,

We are planning on being there. I think Dad will want to come back also. He had a great time last year. I will have two, possibly three kids with me. I know Alison had a "blast" with the bottle rockets last year. She still has her record setting rocket hanging in her room. Hope you will bring the rocket rig again. I could operate that for the kids if need be. And of course we will have Shy, the ferret, on a leash again.

Really had a great time last year, met great folks and made good Friends. Wonder if Cliff has anymore Solo bus conversion stories he wants to share? Having been there and done that I could really relate.

Looking forward to seeing you all again,

Breck

Anna will be happy to know y'all will be there!

I'll make another launcher, I got talked out of the last one. Roll Eyes but it was for a good cause  Grin

So, bring your empty 2 liter drink bottles so the kids (& Breck) will have something to do.  Grin  Grin  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Charles in SC

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2008, 07:07:44 PM »

Kyle I can call em too!

Dosey doe ya'll,

See nothing to it! Wink

Ace

And Relay the Ducey too!
I wish I could be there but I think we have to pass this time.
Yellow rocks to all!

S8M 5303 built in 1969, converted in 2000
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2008, 07:55:16 PM »

This is looking like a FUN WEEKEND!   What with Breck and the ferret, Jack and Paula, ..... Grin
Kyle, get the caller to bring whatever canned music he uses....Gary's sound system (??) will work for the caller and sound reinforcement.
I don't know Bo from square dance, but it sounds like fun!   
What with our local 'rugged individualism,' we do (did?) the clogging thing.  That's a sorta 'one couple' square dance?  Roll Eyes
Could set that show up in the shelter on Friday night and invite the whole campground....?  There are probably a good many square dancers among the Airstream campers.
All excited!  JR  Grin Grin Grin Grin

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2008, 08:53:23 PM »

what sort of unmet 'needs' are there? 

Grills & charcoal - Hey NewbeeMC9, Are you bringing your big grill?

I hope to be bringing it, and expect to be there,  I have a 10"x10" pop up canopy too. and a couple 2"x6" tables we keep on the bus.

I wanna follow JR around and listen to his lies since I'm running out of my own Shocked

I even went and filled the bus up for $3.79/ gallon at the new palm station around the corner.  Never thought that would be a good deal?  evrything is relative ay?

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2008, 04:56:23 AM »

The square dance caller is available for Saturday nite only. Seems he has another gig on Friday. I'll line it up. Grin

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2008, 08:13:53 AM »

...............................  I have a 10"x10" pop up canopy too. and a couple 2"x6" tables we keep on the bus.

I wanna follow JR around and listen to his lies since I'm running out of my own Shocked

Jon..Dude!...you bringing that 10" awning and 2"X6" table for the ferret?  I wish I had some tiny furniture like those....Grin Grin Grin

BTW, new tall tails (known as "lies" when associated with adult beverages!) to be developed on site as necessary... Wink

JR  Cool

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Blacksheep

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2008, 09:53:01 AM »

Hey fellas...

Take a guess who might be attending and I'm sure ruining some of their fun although it shouldn't?

He he he...

Workin out the d's as we type!

By the way, JR are you makin the trip to Arcadia this year?

Ace
ake1994

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2008, 10:07:57 AM »

Jack,

You are right, the ferret is a great pet. She is litter box trained and has free run of the house. She loves to hide stuff. We don't really mind because she always puts everything in the same places. When the insoles for my work shoes are missing I always know to look under the dresser. We will try the pool idea, sounds like fun. Shy enjoyed swimming in the creek behind the campground last year.

I think it's great of you guys to go so far out of the way as to provide furniture to make a fellow bus nut's pet feel at home. Thanks guys.

Kyle,

Don't go to too much trouble for another launcher. There will be plenty to do.

If you all remember last year's Non-Rally at the Cove was our maiden voyage. We put over three thousand miles on the bus this summer. It ran great and has really gained my confidence. It will be a work in progress for several more years but we have really enjoyed using her this summer. This will probably be our last trip for the year and don't know of a better place to wrap up the summer.

See ya soon,

Breck

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2008, 10:21:43 AM »

Jack,
You are right, the ferret is a great pet. She is litter box trained and has free run of the house. She loves to hide stuff. We don't really mind because she always puts everything in the same places. When the insoles for my work shoes are missing I always know to look under the dresser. We will try the pool idea, sounds like fun. Shy enjoyed swimming in the creek behind the campground last year.
See ya soon,
Breck

We had to "Ferret Proof" our bus. It is amazing how small a hole they can get through. Our butterscotch would take the kitchen sink drain stopper and put it on the floor in front of the pantry. I would put it back in the sink and she would immediately put it back on the floor in front of the pantry. We made the space under one side of the dinette ther "home" (this was a nice place for their litter pan also).  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2008, 01:09:02 PM »

Hey fellas...

Take a guess who might be attending and I'm sure ruining some of their fun although it shouldn't?

He he he...

Workin out the d's as we type!

By the way, JR are you makin the trip to Arcadia this year?

Ace

Get Susan's fiddle tuned up!  Kyle's got a caller for Sat night...and we'll have some more pickers Sat afternoon and evening. 
We are planning on doing Arcadia...unless fuel spikes again.. Shocked  T is off for sure this year.  And, so far, the bus is running well.
And, assuming no global cooling and glaciers...and stuff like that.   Wink
BTW, South Carolina has some of the least expensive diesel in the US.   Try to arrive near empty! 
When leaving Palmetto last October, I topped off the bus.  Saved more than a dollar a gallon this summer.  Filled up the bus with $4.80 diesel this summer...bumMER!  Angry
What's up with Cliff and Julie?  Cliff is now a famous banjo picker!  Cliff?? 

JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
Blacksheep

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2008, 01:22:02 PM »

JR her fiddle stays pretty tuned up although she still practices when she can!

By the way, when and if you register for Arcadia, make sure you ask to be near the BG tent! Last year Jack kind of kept everyone close that played or at least attempted to play!   Roll Eyes

Ace
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: