Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 07:53:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 Non-Rally at The Cove (first weekend in October)  (Read 28381 times)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: October 15, 2008, 07:31:21 PM »

Uncle Ned, I'm glad you and Wilma made it home safely,and had an enjoyable trip. We really had a good time following Huggy Bear across the hills and hollows going to Ga.   That 4104 has enough power to eat the hills up. I'd get to listening to Huggy and forget to shift gears and start pulling down on the hills.it was still a nice ride. Patsy took some pictures on the rd. will post when I learn how. y'all have a good night  Glen

Glen, if you want to post pix..the best way is to send them to Gary Labombard and let him sort it out.  Gary will post them.  (Sorry Gary, I know you're busy...  Roll Eyes )  All Gary needs is some sort of ID of the pix. 
Can you load them and email them?  That's what I did last time I wanted some rally pix posted.  He had'em up before I could load just one.  You can also load them onto a CD and mail them to him.     
Gary can load them onto his Converter101 website...where about 99% of bus rally pix reside! 
Ned, did your daughter follow ya'll thru the trip?  That's a nice outing you and Wilma had!  Write some more describing your trip.... I'm envious....again! 
I ain't going nowhere until I git some tars! Cheesy

JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: October 16, 2008, 07:12:49 AM »

Glen 

I enjoyed the ride across Ga. with you. Also got to looking at all of that shiny stainless following that i would forget to gain a little speed going down the hill to make it up the other side with loosing speed.

Did you the rember seeing that Million dollar s&s sitting by the road calling on his cell for help. While two 50 year old buses passed right on by.

If you plan on going down to jacks for the rally maybe we can get to gather and go as a pair. I like going down 321 the 301 then 17.  great back roads and little traffic.

Jr   slow down and you would not blow the tires off of the bus. Cruise along and look at the view.

ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
rgrauto

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2008, 05:42:41 PM »

Thanks JR, for the info, when I get a  little time I'll try to sort it out.  My daughter says she can do it but we'll see.  I heard that on the tars, Ineed to replace 4 on the rear they're getting weather cracked. i've got to do that soon.  Uncle Ned, yes I saw that s&s rig on the side of the road.  Looked like he had plenty of money so I'm sure he was okay. Just because it's new doesn't mean it won't break.  I would like to make the trip to Jack's, but, we'll
have to see how things work out.  That would be great to make the trip down together, I like the back roads also.  There's more to see. When it gets a little closer we'll try to get together.   Glen
gene lewis

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2008, 06:20:51 PM »

Put U a copy of the Encyclopedia of Buses in the mail today.  U should have it in a couple or three days.
Thanks
 I have found it to be a valuable tool and I can't tell U how many times I refer to it.  U will probably find the same is true with U.

Knew y'all have a great Non Rally-Rally.  Any time Bus-Nuts get together its fun and exciting.  It was my loss that I was unable to make it.  Messed up my author infested knee and had to ride a cane for almost 3 weeks - Cry NO FUN!  Cry Got off the cane a week ago today. Roll Eyes   That's wonderful!!! Shocked
We R in the planning stages for another Bus-Nuts Gathering in May of 2009. [/font] [/color]  Will keep U posted as the time draws nearer.

Enjoying the journey from NC,
Gene

Work like you don't need the money; Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching.
What a journey in NC.
Gene - 05 Eagle

I-95 at Dunn, 12 miles W. on US 421. Some tools and know-how. Coffee on-we'll talk buses. Bus troubles can & will assist as far as cable-toe will permit.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2008, 06:27:49 PM »

Thanks Gene!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: