Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 20, 2014, 06:35:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep Cody in your thoughts and prayers  (Read 3331 times)
pvcces

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 09:29:10 PM »

Hang in there, Cody and Libby. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Tom Caffrey

Tom Caffrey PD4106-2576
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska
Dreamscape

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 09:51:31 PM »

Cody, Know you are in the thoughts and prayers of your bus family!

It's good to know that doctors can repair the blockage.

Get well soon and we pray for a speedy recovery.

Paul and Becky
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 06:18:27 AM »

Just talked to Libby on PalTalk and she said Cody's doing well. Said he was sitting up & giving the nurses a hard time. (good to see he's the same old Cody in spirt! LOL!) Anyway he's in the Hospital in Marquette, MI. She just left to go spend the day with him. She said he's still in ICU, but they are hoping to change that today! She's gonna let me know this afternoon if he's been moved and when he can get calls. I'll post more when I get it! I hear he's very determined to make it to the M.A.C.C. Rally, but theres no way he'll be able to drive. But he will have a chaufer if he's able to go! If I have to I'll juggle the schedule around and go drive him myself, if the DR & Libby clear him to go! I will get more info & post it soon. Libby is very thankful of all of you, and said she knows Cody is too!  Grin  BK   Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
skipn

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 06:55:07 AM »

Glad to see things are on the mend............more sawdust in the future Smiley

Skip
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 06:58:43 AM »

Glad to see things are on the mend............more sawdust in the future Smiley
Skip

Yes indeed! LOL! I told Libby to tell the old codger to just relax and get well, and not to try and be making saw dust at least until after he gets home! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2008, 08:04:07 AM »

Just read the news this am...Glad to hear Cody's in recovery mode..Heck..He's the one that got me involved with this bus thing. Our thoghts and prayers are with you guys...

John and Jean

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2008, 08:08:44 AM »

After he gets done recuperating, he will probably feel like making twice as much sawdust.  LOL  Glad to hear he is on the road to recovery.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2008, 08:13:30 AM »

After he gets done recuperating, he will probably feel like making twice as much sawdust.  LOL  Glad to hear he is on the road to recovery.  Jack

I agree 300% Jack! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

Libby's gonna have a hard time keep'n up with him when he gets back on his feet! She'll probably have to tie a rope on him to slow him down! LOL!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

cody

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2008, 12:25:38 PM »

Guys, libby snuck the laptop into here for me, I appreceate all the well wishes. I might be up graded from intensive care to the cardiac unit later today.  The doctor said that my heart attack was major and there is lots of damage, he said its too soon to really know how much damage and the next couple of days will tell if the ventricle will hold together. The artery was 100% blocked,but has been opened and a stent is in place. All we're doing right now is waiting to see if the old beater can withstand the blow it took, so right now, I'm drinking decaf, watching infomercials on some really great stuff that they tell me I can't live without, the vampire comes in every hour and a half for a half gallon of blood and in a few days they'll annouce I'm anemic, go figyre huh< they drain you, then medicate you.  thats about all I know for now. cody
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2008, 12:52:36 PM »

Guys, libby snuck the laptop into here for me, I appreceate all the well wishes. I might be up graded from intensive care to the cardiac unit later today.  The doctor said that my heart attack was major and there is lots of damage, he said its too soon to really know how much damage and the next couple of days will tell if the ventricle will hold together. The artery was 100% blocked,but has been opened and a stent is in place. All we're doing right now is waiting to see if the old beater can withstand the blow it took, so right now, I'm drinking decaf, watching infomercials on some really great stuff that they tell me I can't live without, the vampire comes in every hour and a half for a half gallon of blood and in a few days they'll annouce I'm anemic, go figyre huh< they drain you, then medicate you.  thats about all I know for now. cody

Great news! Glad to hear from ya, and that yer gonna be OK! Now just sit back and relax, listen to the DR, the nurses, and Libby & get well so ya can get out. Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2008, 03:08:29 PM »

Cody,
    It is GREAT to hear from you. Take it easy and don't be chasin' those young nurses up & down the hall.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2008, 03:13:36 PM »

Cody,

They will have you skipping down the halls in a matter of a day or so.
Just remember that the fastest way to call a nurse is unplug a lead
on your monitor. Eventually they will double tape the leads on.. Ouch!

Glad they could unplug stuff with a catheter and stent, Mine took major
replumbing in 1996 and later in 2005 an ICD/Defibrilator which recently I am told saved my life when I started circling the drain in May...It was a shocking experience....

Get well and watch out for the head nurse.. Those ICU/CCU nurses can be
a pain in all parts at times. Oh Yeah, Note: They will wake you up to give you
a sleeping pill... Never fails...

Dave....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
cody

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2008, 03:28:54 PM »

Why is it that ICU nurses wear viking helmets and are all named helga lol.  Still waiting to graduate from ICU to the cardiac unit so trying to be patient here.I know about that circling the drain thing, I have the paddle burns to prove it lol.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2008, 04:34:53 PM »

WOW, my cardiac nurses were really sweethearts. One even stayed an hour or so late after her regular quitting time to sit with me and keep a close check. I ended up sending a basket of flowers to them they had been so nice.

I had an angioplasty first then a couple of weeks later open heart with three bypasses back in 95. I had to go in a couple of years ago and have three stints put in but everything seems to be working fine now. Now it seems like I have lost about half of my lungs so I really can not do much of anything now that I have to exert any energy.

Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2008, 06:52:41 PM »

Great news folks just talked to grumpy (opps I mean medicated Cody), he has be upgraded and is out of ICU and been moved up to the Cardiac Care Unit. He's tired and medicated (highly, very many pills I think he said 14 after bfast 12 after lunch & 14 after supper which really a bunch for someone who never does pills!) 1crazytom told him he was gonna rename him grumpy eagle! LOL! We are very lucky he's still with us, they lost him twice and he say's he's got the paddle burns to prove it! We'll update as we know more! If ya want ta send cards or get well wishes he's at Marquette General Hospital, in Marquette, MI I believe he said he was moved up to the 7th floor. He didn't say what his room # was. His real name is Dan Clishe. And Libby just PM'd me and said, he's in room 704! If all goes well he'll get to come home Tuesday! That's what I have so far! Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: