Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 17, 2014, 10:54:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You won't believe this!  (Read 1930 times)
BusCrazyinFL

Ignore
« on: July 14, 2008, 05:41:51 PM »

Someone sent me this video link of what NOT to do when pulling a fifth wheel...you won't believe this. I am told that everyone was ok (hard to believe from the video). Makes you think, we'd better be careful about heights and clearance.
http://tinyurl.com/5d5szd
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 06:32:10 PM »

Hi BCF,

It looks like the pick up took the brunt of the canopy... Maybe the driver is ok??

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 06:35:59 PM »

... Maybe the driver is ok??

Not for long if they make a habit of not paying attention.  Shocked

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 07:11:17 PM »

Probably the driver of the Setra coach that hit the bridge out in WA ! After the cops, company, DOT, whoever else got thru with him, he probably retired, bought that rig and set out for destinations unknown! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
BusCrazyinFL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 08:57:55 PM »

I found out today that it happened at a drive-thru teller at a bank. It was the bank camera that picked it up, and the reports still say no one was seriously hurt (hard to believe when you watch it). Poor guy was probably getting some money for his first trip.........what a horrible way to start a vacation!
Bob Gil
Bob Gilbreath bobgil@sbcglobal.net

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 12:42:12 AM »

from the video it looks like it only caught the side of the truck.

That person was LUCKY!

Can you imagine what would have happened if they had been trying to go thur the drive thur.

Fort Worth, Texas where GOD is so close you don't even need a phone!

1968 GM Bus of unknown model 6V53 engine (aftermarket) converted with house hold items.

Had small engine fire and had no 12 volt system at time of purchase. 
Coach is all 110 w 14KW diesel genrator
Airbag

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 07:35:30 AM »

The structure yielded pretty fast, I wonder if it was built to code?
Lee Bradley

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 08:56:06 AM »

Probably the driver of the Setra coach that hit the bridge out in WA ! After the cops, company, DOT, whoever else got thru with him, he probably retired, bought that rig and set out for destinations unknown! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin
Yes in Seattle, has happen so often the city put in a 'Over height' sensor with warning lights and bells. The driver said 'My GPS system said this is the route'.
Sojourner

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 09:17:06 AM »

Suggest all unlimited clearance lane should have curb begin at a about 15 feet before and line up 10" or more outward with the Businessís roof far end.

It already may be similar in the building code? ?

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 09:28:49 AM »

And in the last 15 years, San Diego built a 12 foot overpass at the new airport. Can't believe it.  don't ask me how I know this

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 09:52:37 AM »

To the tune of "It Had to be You" - "It sucks to be you,... it sucks to be you...."
From one of my personal favorites by Frank Sinatra - "New York, New York" the big line "Start spreadin' the news" or in this case " Iiiiiiit sucks to be youuuu!"  Grin

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 10:20:55 AM »

I have to admit, I had problems in my early motorhome days.  I learned that I actually had to pay attention to street signs that extend over the road, that streets that are graded so water goes to the side also can tilt your motorhome so that the roof is over the curb making that telephone pole that leans a bit into the street is an issue, and long tree limps have something against luggage carriers.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 02:13:37 PM »

Thank goodness nobody was seriously hurt.  The stories we all could tell.  All it takes is a couple of seconds of not paying enough attention.  Like the time I was......!  AIRBAG raises a very good question...that overhead just collapsed.  No yielding, no bending, it just plum dropped.  Wow!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Dreamscape

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 01:48:47 AM »

OMG! I cannot believe that it was built to code. Any wind would have knocked it over. I'm glad no one was seriously hurt. That was amazing.
I'll bet that guy left a present in his pants. He is one luky dude.

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: