Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 03:30:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engine swap for GM  (Read 3663 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2008, 07:45:28 PM »

I drove my brother's Chevelle with an LS6 454 in it & the only way it got 10 mpg was if you weren't smoking the tires  Shocked

Hard to drive that car with out spining the tires.  Roll Eyes

Before we went anywhere, I had to check the tires first  Grin  Roll Eyes

We figgured the FUN per gallon out weighed the fuel cost  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
kingfa39

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2008, 11:26:03 AM »

i seen a 4104 that had been lengthened to 37 foot with a tdrive, it looked good , but i dont know anymore details, i think it had a 8/71
Frank Allen
pato-06

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2008, 04:19:03 PM »

Here are some pics of our 38' 06. Will post more pics of interior when I get them.
Pat
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2008, 05:03:51 PM »

I can see where you have to be aware of the rear "swing" with the extra 3', But man, I think that looks really good! I don't think the stretch hurts the look at all. Nice job, Pat! Any pix of the engine??  Roll Eyes Grin

Chaz

p.s. By the way, I talked to the mechanic that worked/works on my bus and he is going to try to help me (one of these days) with the cooling issue and do some checking for me. (compression, look in the cylinders, injectors, etc.) I need it to pull a trailer (a light one) to Boone IA. for a big Farm and Progress show Aug. 24th. I just can't take the chance it won't make it.

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2008, 09:07:20 AM »

Considering some of the sticks and staples overhang, that looks just fine.  It is just a bit longer than the overhang on my transit that come with either a V drive or a straight drive.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: