Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 11:17:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sanyo Mini Split  (Read 2825 times)
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 12:07:30 PM »

I just got the Sanyo Heat Pump in today!   Grin Grin Grin  Now for the fun part......  Huh

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 07:28:52 PM »

I wanna see....I wanna see 2!!!  Pics please.

Thanks,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 05:32:39 AM »

Ok, I got the Heat Pump (11,900 BTU) running last night. I will say one thing about this unit.  It is VERY quiet, the indoor unit is quiet and the outdoor unit in inauduble.  You never hear or feel the inverter compressor switch on.  As far as cooling, I'll know more in a few days.  I still have the bifold transit door and some other "leaks" that will effect performance.  It was about 100 degrees in the bus when I turned it on and it took about 1.5 hours or so to get it to 76.  I left it on with the thermostat set on 76 so I'll see how it fares today with the high today over 102 degrees and not much shade.

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 06:02:24 AM »

Hi BD,

Glad to hear you completed the install.

Are you trying to cool the whole bus with that 11.9000 btu unit? You might need 3 of them in that heat.

Good Luck
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 06:17:19 AM »

Just have the one unit now.  Using this one to heat/cool the front and I am going to add an additional unit for the bedroom when the funds allow  (the bus has significantly put a beat down on my wallet the past 2 months).  So you work with what you have.  Looks like the temps will be back around 92 for the weekend which is closer to the average for august. 

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 08:15:57 AM »

Your wallet being emptied quickly is one of the reasons I took 6 years to do my conversion-bought as I could afford to.  I know that some don't like the look, but I used standard custom made to my dimension camper style doors.  After 8 years of use are still tight.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 08:53:42 AM »

I ordered a Philips 5050 door, it should be here next week.  I would liked to have build a door but the budget just couldn't take it this go around.  It will serve its purpose of securing the bus and sealing the hole so my AC doesn't just go right out the door.  Another place I lose some energy is my windows.  They are smoke colored plexi and are heat magnets.  Another project for another day....

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 10:36:48 AM »

BD,

The Sanyo's are living up to their reputation.  Good for you.  In spite of your installation handicaps the thing is doing a great job.  Try setting it to 60 degrees and see how much it will depress the temp in the bus.  You may only need 2 units and that would be a significant cost reduction to the estimated 3.

You want to see the AC really perform?  Tape plastic over the windows and windshield(if possible).  This should give you a better idea of the AC performance "after" you get the conversion more complete with thermopane windows and UV filters/reflective.  Insulation and air tight windows are more important than a whole flock of AC units.  I can increase the temp of a 30 footer by 30 degrees with a single 1,500 watt cube heater only because the coach is like a thermos bottle in terms of sealing.  One of the old style roof mount AC units has always been more than enough in temps of 100 degrees.  Get anal about sealing that puppy up tight, Dog. Roll Eyes

Keep us posted.  I live vicariously, Huh

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 11:16:47 AM »

This thing is QUIET!  There is no vibration, no hum, no nothing.  The only noise audible is the quiet whirr of the indoor units fan.  Completely impressed with that.  All of the other things will eventually fall in place.  I'll try and get some pics of the install up this weekend.

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: