Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 02:37:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mirrors  (Read 1758 times)
DavidInWilmNC

1978 MC-8 as I bought it May 2005

Ignore
« on: June 13, 2006, 06:33:41 AM »

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find some mirrors for my MC-8.† Mine are pretty banged up an won't adjust.† They're so corroded that I can't get them apart, either.† Does anybody know of a good source for used factory mirrors.† I'd rather have some nice aftermarket mirrors, but those aren't in the budget yet.† Thanks!

David
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 07:51:55 AM »

David, I'd put a "wanted" post over on the BNO flea market.

I have Ramco mirrors, but the factory ones were in the same shape yours are, so they recycled. There are some smokin deals on mirrors on ebay, you just have to find some that will work on your bus.
Hope this helps

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 08:39:50 AM »

I did the truck driver thing and installed stainless heated moto mirrors that are the "west coast" type.  The same like Pete and KW use with 6" convex under.  Then, if you break one on the road, most any truck stop will have the replacement. How would you do that with a custom Ramco?  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 09:01:22 AM »

duct tape

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 09:06:19 AM »

duct tape

I love it Chuck you "DA Man" this morning for that 1! LOL! BK
Smiley Grin Cool We gonna have a Fall Bus Bash at Knuckle's, We's gonna Party at Knuckle's! Roll Eyes Cool Shocked Grin[/b]

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
DavidInWilmNC

1978 MC-8 as I bought it May 2005

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 12:19:48 PM »

Thanks for the BNO suggestion Chuck.† I posted there a month or so ago and had an email from a guy who seems to have disappeared.† At least he's not responding to email.† Hopefully I'll find something better, as mine have been rigged up in the past.† I wish they'd been duct taped, but instead somebody drilled holes for bolts and put nuts on the front (non-glass side) of the mirrors!† Also, they're stuck.† I'll keep on hunting!†

David
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 01:42:51 PM »

David,

I also found some mirrors online.

They were Ramco take offs, but real nice.

I just hooked up the power and control this weekend.

One of the benefits of the power mirrors is you can move them around to check out objects that would be out of your normal

field of mirror vision, especially when backing or on a sharp corner.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
NCbob

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 01:56:23 PM »

Or the sweet lookin' chick in the bikini over by the pool!   I know a voyeur when I read one! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

NCbob
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 02:00:18 PM »

Tom. not trying to be disrespectful but this sounds kinda like a Disney character. How many mirrors have you had or seen broken off in your lifetime? I personally do not recall ever seeing one. If a person is to worry about any possible thing that could happen then maybe they should just stay home.
Richard

I did the truck driver thing and installed stainless heated moto mirrors that are the "west coast" type.† The same like Pete and KW use with 6" convex under.† Then, if you break one on the road, most any truck stop will have the replacement. How would you do that with a custom Ramco?† Good Luck, TomC

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 03:17:13 PM »

Richard- granted this is from what I experienced as a truck driver, and that is also from parking in truck stops every night.  I had to get new mirrors a few times on the road.  Always located a new one quickly at a truck stop or heavy duty truck dealership, etc.  I just like to have most every thing generic on the bus that can be repaired on the road, since I don't like to stay home waiting for that custom part to arrive.  It's just my commercial driving side of me coming out.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 04:49:23 PM »

If you are looking for a pair of originals, I would contact Sam Caylor at Caylor bus supply. He is very easy to work with, knows his stuff and will make you a great deal.

Good luck!

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 04:56:08 PM »

It is easy to understand in what your situation was.
Richard

Richard- granted this is from what I experienced as a truck driver, and that is also from parking in truck stops every night.† I had to get new mirrors a few times on the road.† Always located a new one quickly at a truck stop or heavy duty truck dealership, etc.† I just like to have most every thing generic on the bus that can be repaired on the road, since I don't like to stay home waiting for that custom part to arrive.† It's just my commercial driving side of me coming out.† Good Luck, TomC

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: