Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 08:30:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some help with new tail lights....  (Read 756 times)
NCbob

« on: June 13, 2006, 08:19:21 AM »

Yesterday I received a set of Prevost (I'm told) tail lamps from Fred Hobe..don't know the era.

Could somone please identify (from top to bottom) how these are to be connected?  The top red lens is sort of a double (it has a magnifier behind the red lens and a smaller bulb)  would this be the Stop Lamp?

Thanks,

NCbob
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 08:37:01 AM »

Great looking lights.  Just hook up 12v (or 24v-if it runs on that).  Dim red will be running lights (small bulb), bright red will be stop, orange will be turn/flashers, and of course white backup lights.  You should be able to hook these up relatively easily if you tag the wiring from your old lights.  Now what would really look good is the LED replacements for them.  I have the standard 7" round bus lights-two reds on either side- and changed mine to LED.  WOW-what a difference in brightness-and they look ever so cool (need all the help I can get with my homely transit).  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 08:50:57 AM »

Bob those are Prevost lights (at least I'm prety sure they are!) They gonna be cool lookin' on yer "5". The lights them selves look Identical to what my Setra has so if ya locate some LED's at a reasonable price let me know! As for wiring them I agree with Tom, but hey test 'em and wire'm the way they look best to you after all this is yer bus "do it yer way!". Now back to the LED's. About 8-9 months ago I did run acroos a fellow who had the LED's from Setra o his coach and they where awsome! But like he said Setra is proud of them! BUT THEY STILL LOOK AWSOME! Don't they Mr. Obtinaro ? I know I havn't seen any post's from ya of late but I'm sure your out there lurking! LOL! BK
Smiley Cheesy Grin We gonna have a Fall Bus Bash at Knuckle's Place!  Roll Eyes Cool Shocked

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: