Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 30, 2014, 07:11:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Poll
Question: Ok when is best time for you?  (Voting closed: July 01, 2006, 02:13:41 PM)
Last week end in OCTOBER (" Halloween Party Theme") - 14 (70%)
1st week end in NOVEMBER - 1 (5%)
2nd Weekend in NOVEMBER - 1 (5%)
3rd Weekend in NOVEMBER - 0 (0%)
Thanksgiving Weekend (TURKEY PARTY all Turkey's invited! LOL) - 0 (0%)
1st Weekend in DECEMBER - 2 (10%)
2nd Weekend in DECEMBER - 0 (0%)
Post a note and give a better time! - 2 (10%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Folks I need yer VOTES on the "TN Fall Bus Bash" at Knuckle's  (Read 9289 times)
Ace

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2006, 08:28:57 PM »

Ok last wek of October is not good for me. Couple reasons! One I have a birthday on the 31st and second, I have to work poppin corn that weekend  at two different local city halloween shows, so NO can do, Sorry! Maybe next time we can make it!

Ace
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2006, 08:38:31 PM »

Ok last wek of October is not good for me. Couple reasons! One I have a birthday on the 31st and second, I have to work poppin corn that weekend  at two different local city halloween shows, so NO can do, Sorry! Maybe next time we can make it!
Ace

Ace that weekend is not set in stone! Did you vote? We are looking to make it the most conveinent for the most people and that is why I'm go'n with a majority vote! Also we could make it an Ace's birthday party too! Just think of all the neat presents you could get! LOL! I might even break down and get ya somethin! LOL! But he y if ya can't make that's cool too! We just try'n to make the best for the most! Have a good time, save $. and meet other nuts! (did I say save $? Ok save ya'll $, cause some how I feel it's gonna cost me ! But what the heck it'll still be a good time ! That's what I'm look'n forward too!  Grin Cool Shocked BK
Hey ya'll we need yer votes! Please scroll to the top O' the page and cast yers now!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Ace

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2006, 08:45:51 PM »

Yea Knuklehead, I voted but for another not so popular date! I'm not so worried about the birthday as I'm at the point of no return and starting to forget more about them than think of them! Smiley

We'll see how the votes go and go from there. If we can maybe hpook up with another busnut to travel with,who knows what the future holds. One things for sure, I don't need to be there for everyone else to have a good time. I would just help make the numbers grow and meet other nuts as well as yourself!

Let the votes roll in!

Ace
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2006, 06:06:15 AM »

BK/ACE, I set up the survey so that a person could change their vote.
Richard

Yea Knuklehead, I voted but for another not so popular date! I'm not so worried about the birthday as I'm at the point of no return and starting to forget more about them than think of them! Smiley

We'll see how the votes go and go from there. If we can maybe hpook up with another busnut to travel with,who knows what the future holds. One things for sure, I don't need to be there for everyone else to have a good time. I would just help make the numbers grow and meet other nuts as well as yourself!

Let the votes roll in!

Ace

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
belfert

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2006, 07:10:40 PM »

We should vote on weekends we can't make it.  I can't really make it Halloween weekend or the weekend after due to Boy Scout activities, but any other weekend should be good.  I would rather not have it in late November due to possibilities of snow already.  We had a snow/ice event Thanksgiving weekend last year.

Brian Elfert
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2006, 07:47:13 PM »

We should vote on weekends we can't make it.  I can't really make it Halloween weekend or the weekend after due to Boy Scout activities, but any other weekend should be good.  I would rather not have it in late November due to possibilities of snow already.  We had a snow/ice event Thanksgiving weekend last year.
Brian Elfert

Brian, snow should not be a worry here this is west TN, we only see about 1 snow a year, and it's usually around X-Mas to New Yrs, more ice than snow and gone in a day or 2 if it lasts that long at all! Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2006, 08:21:44 PM »

Not that I got a dog in this hunt, but getting into late October, November and December, could get really cold.
October is competing with rallys everywhere.  Halloweenie is tough on kids...?
September would be nice in your area and much more temperate.  Unless you have power poles, heating may require generators running..24/7 for some.  Anyone in a steel tent will freeze their gnu-gnus off. 
What's left in September?  And early October?   And what does September dates conflict with? 
While I cannot make the trip this year, Next year may be doable.   
I like the "pit" concept....reckon Dallas better get started on a pit and cover, or risk moving the Timmonsiville bash to BKs!  No problem.
->Huh Dallas is a "Can do" sort of guy!  Cheesy
My dox centavos, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2006, 10:02:39 PM »

JR, this is West TN! It don't get cold here till late December or January thru March! Yer think'n of the mountains in East TN! Late October is great camp'n weather here! And July thru September is too Hot for Aluminum tent camping! That's the reason I'm try'n to have it in moderate temps! Might even think about a Spring Bash around April or May! Hey I wish everyone could make it, but hey if ya can ya can, and if ya can't you'll have to see it here ! BK

www.kylakesidetravel.net

belfert

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2006, 06:59:20 AM »

Brian, snow should not be a worry here this is west TN, we only see about 1 snow a year, and it's usually around X-Mas to New Yrs, more ice than snow and gone in a day or 2 if it lasts that long at all! Grin

But, I have to get there and back.  It can certainly snow in Minnesota and Wisconsin by late November. 

Brian Elfert
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2006, 07:42:39 AM »

But, I have to get there and back.  It can certainly snow in Minnesota and Wisconsin by late November. 
Brian Elfert

Got ya covered there too! Just camp out til it melts!  Grin  BK

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2006, 04:55:11 PM »

You're worried about MN snows?  Heck, when I lived up there, we never worried about the roads. . now those guys know how to plow a highway.  My husband was SO impressed with how they flew down the highway, two abreast, about 65 mph, throwing snow all the way over into the fields.  Grin

Worry more about the wienies in this part of the country, who think they should plow the snow to the center of the road and wait for it to melt!  ha ha Roll Eyes

Come on down, come to the Jersey Roundup Oct 13-15th, and stay for the BK one at the end of October, and then you'll have enough bus-satisfaction to take you till spring.  Christy Hicks (from Wisconsin, MN, Nebraska, MN, and then Oklahoma)

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2006, 06:09:29 PM »

JR, this is West TN! It don't get cold here till late December or January thru March! Yer think'n of the mountains in East TN! BK

NOOOO...the mountains get colder....but I was out there for the NJT Roundup last year.  Must have driven right by your area..."land between the Lakes" sort of thing.   The weather was nice for a couple days, and then turned cold!  That was the first weekend in October.   Went back to Hannibal, MO and the high temps were in the lower 50s.  That's winter around here...for the most part.   
One never really knows what the weather will be...we do an outdoor music gig every halloween and it's been nice outside more often than not...and that's in the NC mountains...not too far from the East TN mountains. 
Good Luck with the Bus Bash dude!  Love to be there! 
Best, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
belfert

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2006, 05:55:45 AM »

You're worried about MN snows?  Heck, when I lived up there, we never worried about the roads. . now those guys know how to plow a highway.  My husband was SO impressed with how they flew down the highway, two abreast, about 65 mph, throwing snow all the way over into the fields.  Grin

It would be an unusual snowplow that drives 65 MPH plowing snow or salting.  They usually are going under 50 MPH.  This is a cause of many plow accidents as people pass them when they are going slow.

I'm more worried about an ice storm in November than snow.  I drove my F350 dually and travel trailer 250 miles through a horrific snow/ice storm last Thanksgiving weekend.  I would have skipped it, but I was delivering my travel trailer to its new owner and he was only in town that weekend.  That was some white knuckle driving at times.

I would rather not experience that in a bus, plus I would like to keep the bus out of any salt to prevent rust.

Brian Elfert
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2006, 09:54:50 AM »

Hello Folks, I still ain't drop'n the poll untill it runs out at the end of June, but as it stands now it appears that the "TN Fall Bus Bash" at Knuckle's will be Oct. 27th thru 30th (and early arrivals or late departures are fine with us for those who have extra time to kill or are enroute else where and their schedules allow!) I've been work'n on some plans for a special treat a stuffed pig! It's something our local BBQ Guru said his daddy did 1 time yrs ago, and he's never seen done since! they took the pig and stuffed it with stuffed chickens and stuffed cornish hens, then sewed it back up and roasted it all together! He says he remembers it being a major undertaking for his daddy, but
he sadi the food was awsome! Some be prepared for a great time and some KICK"N CHICKEN and AWSOME PORK!
Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Shocked Cool Roll Eyes "TN FALL BUS BASH" is gonna be a BLAST! Roll Eyes Cool Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley
Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Shocked Cool Roll Eyes "TN FALL BUS BASH" is gonna be a BLAST! Roll Eyes Cool Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 10:13:01 AM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2006, 10:24:38 AM »

I probably should have clarified that this was probably 15 - 20 years ago that we following the snow plows down the interstate. . . I-90 between Wisconsin and Austin, MN.  I lived in the Winona and then Austin areas for quite a few years, and it was a beautiful site to see thsoe snow plows runing along.  The first one would be in the left lane, throwing the snow to the right lane, and the second one was just a short distance behind and he threw it way over into the field.  I imagine they had their speed up in order to get the dstiance. . .I don't know, but I assure you, they were moving out. Cheesy 

Since the hubby is from Oklahoma, he had never seen a "real snowplow" Wink working.  In this area, they work hard, but they don't really plan on the snow being around for more than a couple of days, so they don't worry about getting it very far off the roadway, and that particular year, we had a couple of weeks of snowy weather down here, and since they plowed a lot of the snow to the middle of the street, it was a major undertaking Angry to cross it if you had to turn left into a store or something. 

We've been through some pretty rough weather up there too.  . .and year we got stranded over Christmas, 1984 I think, it was 50 below zero with 98 degree below 0 windchills, and you never forget that type of cold and wind.  We always said that when traveling through Iowa on I-35, all you had to do was make it past the "Boondocks" and then you were safe!  Seemed like I-90 in MN and I-35 north of the Boondocks were just cold wastelands when the wind was blowing that snow.  Beautiful, but not something you enjoyed traveling through.  I don't blame you for not taking your bus out in it, for although we'd like to see everyone at the rally's, we don't attend them all ourselves either.   

As it is, those northern states are beautiful, but I'll never move back.  Give me these Winters! Grin  At the NJT Roundup, the 2nd week in October, we'll be wearing short sleeved shirts during the day and cozying up to the campfire in the evenings.  Perfect weather for swapping lies and throwing back a few cold ones.  I don't know if we'll be able to do BK's rally yet, but we'll sure give it a try.  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: