Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 22, 2014, 12:49:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diesel prices dropping (finally!)  (Read 4455 times)
belfert

Ignore
« on: July 25, 2008, 07:24:29 AM »

Diesel at a station down the street is now at $4.39.  It was as high as $4.79 or $4.89.  I haven't filled the bus since last year and now I am glad I waited even though I only need maybe 30 gallons.  A gas price website is reporting $4.28 at one station, but I don't believe that one.  I was figuring $5 a gallon for my trips this year and hoping that prices didn't exceed that.

Interesting that some places out west are paying about the same for gasoline now as I am for diesel.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 08:44:49 AM »

Diesel at a station down the street is now at $4.39.  It was as high as $4.79 or $4.89.  I haven't filled the bus since last year and now I am glad I waited even though I only need maybe 30 gallons.  A gas price website is reporting $4.28 at one station, but I don't believe that one.  I was figuring $5 a gallon for my trips this year and hoping that prices didn't exceed that.

Interesting that some places out west are paying about the same for gasoline now as I am for diesel.

We've had petrol prices drop this week by between 2p and 5p a litre (around 16-40c per gallon), but today one of the big power companies have put electricity prices by 17%, and gas (ie. gas, not petrol) up by 22% - with apparently several more increases due this year.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Le Mirage

Le Mirage XL 1987

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 09:00:49 AM »

Same thing in Quebec, Canada. The price has droped at 1.509$/ a liter. It was at 1.609$/ a liter.

I think that USA can regulate this situation. USA has a power and all people, american and canadian, have a power to broke this situation. The company of petroleum are thief...I don't understand why all people accept this situation whitout action....

My coach is diesel. My car (VW New Beetle) is diesel too. I drive at 55 mi on the highway and I respect the limit speed on the others roads...Of course, my consumption is less and I don't want to encourage this thief!!!! But, I have not choice. My house is at 50 miles of my work and I need a car for working...

Gatan & Manon (french canadian)
Prevost, Le Mirage XL, 1987
Quebec, Canada

http://latchodromquebec.blogspot.com/2010/05/la-fin-du-voyage.html

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 09:27:11 AM »

I paid $4.89/gal the other day.  It would have to go down another 40% so I could feel that I was merely getting raped.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 09:38:58 AM »

40% less would be just under $3 a gallon.  You know, last October prices were just under $3 for diesel.

I'm certainly not saying I like paying $4.39, but a lot better than $4.89.  The most I ever paid was $4.69.  I only fill about every two weeks or more.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 11:04:36 AM »

Same thing in Quebec, Canada. The price has droped at 1.509$/ a liter. It was at 1.609$/ a liter.

I think that USA can regulate this situation. USA has a power and all people, american and canadian, have a power to broke this situation. The company of petroleum are thief...I don't understand why all people accept this situation whitout action....

My coach is diesel. My car (VW New Beetle) is diesel too. I drive at 55 mi on the highway and I respect the limit speed on the others roads...Of course, my consumption is less and I don't want to encourage this thief!!!! But, I have not choice. My house is at 50 miles of my work and I need a car for working...

Fear not!  People are taking action...consumer response is about to force FoMoCo out of business, GM is under tremendous pressure...Chrysler has atrophied.  Thousands and thousands of jobs lost and they won't be coming back.   Maybe the 'wind power' folk need some ex-autoworkers?
Tiny cars, electric plug-ins, and any vehicle that gets good fuel mileage is in high demand.    The market for gas guzzlers has died.
Less miles are being driven, and less fuel is being used.    Indeed, consumer actions are speaking loud and clear.
Loss of fuel sales are a problem for oil companies.   We are now using less fuel than US refining production.  This is a new phenomena. 
The only problem with American energy relates to our stupid govenment allowing cultures sworn to our destruction to control US energy production.
Well, then there's our stupid labour unions (UAW) that vote solid Democratic Pary...all the while the Dems, with their anti-petrol position, are idly killing off American auto production jobs..and may be killing off American auto producers too...duh!  Just how dumb does it get!   Embarrassed

JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 07:45:32 PM »

Unfortunately, the 'Less miles being driven' phenomenon won't last long once prices stabilize again. I've noticed an increase in mindless wandering starting back up already, and the price has just dropped below $4/gal  Roll Eyes We'll be back to $5/gal before you know it!  Cry

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 09:33:34 PM »

The experts predict that we won't start to see much increase in demand until gas prices hit $3 a gallon (if they ever do again).

Even the $3.59 prices we are seeing some at some stations in Minneapolis is still killing a lot of folk's budgets.  Also, many people have made lasting changes in fuel consumption like buying a smaller car, moving closer to work, or taking the bus.

kingfa39

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 09:20:42 AM »

They are currently overhauling the oil pumping equipment in and around texas that was shut down in the 70 s so they could buy foreign oil, we got it good from our government on that one. now they are worried but see that change needs to come. At least there are a lot of  jobs here avail. deisel is the biggest joke of all since it is a byproduct and costs very little to get to the pump. the prices are what they are because the oil companies are aloowed to do whatever they choose unchecked. check out oil companies profits, they are trying to get us to except these prices and feel good about a small degreese while the whole conuntry suffers for it (not the rich)) put another oil man in the white house and expect more of the same. Mccain is a bush clone
Frank Alllen
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 12:24:07 PM »

I alwasys take the bus  Grin

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Charles in SC

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 07:24:32 PM »

I went to Columbia, SC friday night and stayed at the Flying J in the rv section. I was the only one there. Wow, what a relief, two years ago it would have been full of stick and staples by 4 pm. So maybe there is a good side to the fuel prices after all.

S8M 5303 built in 1969, converted in 2000
gus

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 07:38:17 PM »

JR,

Republicans have been in charge the past seven years while all these oil prices skyrocketed.

Do you recall that all this "Energy Policy" was cooked up by your buddy Dick and his oil buddies?

You need to cut back on your dosage of Fox News and Rush Limbaugh!!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 07:42:28 PM »

I alwasys take the bus  Grin

DIDDO! Grin Grin

buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 07:53:38 PM »

That's right the gas price lever is in the Oval Office, right next to the one for Global Warming and don't forget the Hurricane Generator.  Now if they could just get the one installed to make the liberals disappear I could log on and read about buses rather than someones political tripe.

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
gus

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 07:58:01 PM »

Brandon,

I don't believe that a liberal posted the first bit of "political tripe"!!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: