Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 28, 2014, 04:04:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diesel prices dropping (finally!)  (Read 4460 times)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2008, 03:50:45 PM »

Mr Moderators where are you it is time this political thread is locked.

I agree that the moderator should control this stuff,

Typical…..

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
It’s the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2008, 04:12:15 PM »

People's political beliefs are overpowering.  Since it is the case the we personally have no control over what happens, political postings can be viewed as ventilation which is not a bad thing.  On this board, we have people that blame either Demos or Repubs for the problems.  This is not as bad as another board where there is a very mechanically knowledgeable gentlemen that seems to hold Al Gore (remember him) personally responsible for everything and includes these comments in his otherwise valuable posts.  I suppose that since we are admittedly "nuts" as members of the subcategory "busnuts", we are allowed to act somewhat nutty in other ways too.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2008, 04:19:53 PM »

A nation of 300 million people and our lives are controlled by 537 people from both parties figure that one out but it is better than 1 and now back to busing
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 04:22:26 PM by makemineatwostroke » Logged
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2008, 04:44:04 PM »

My personal feeling is that as long as the topic does not degrade into a flaming war, then I enjoy hearing the personal belief of others even though I disagree with their views.

I am very pleased that for several months now we have not had anyone flaming someone for their beliefs.

Richard 

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
compedgemarine

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2008, 09:38:02 AM »

well in a feeble attempt to get this back to fuel prices, I had to drive up to Michigan for the weekend in my car. on thursday on the way up the best price was in middle Ohio at $3.55 gal for regular. diesel was around $4.57 best I saw. on Monday on the way back I found regular for $3.42 gal and diesel was $4.45.
Georgia, Tenneessee, Kentucky and Michigan were all fairly similar at $3.80 or so and $4.60 respectively.
Steve
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2008, 11:22:08 AM »

Well I am glad there dropping!

Just found out that our family reunion will be in Hinkley, Minnesota this time.

Branson, MO or Helen, GA and Pensacola, FL all lost out in.

Central FL to Hinkley is a heck of a bus trip for a four day gathering.

About 1700.00 in fuel at 4.75.

I haven't flown anywhere except for work since I bought my first RV.

But 1400 miles each way, may make me fly.......And I hate to do it...... Angry

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
John Z
1959 GM PD-4104 4139 Northern Minnesota

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2008, 12:53:16 PM »

On my way back home from a trip to the Red River Valley in NW Minnesota and at noon i fueled up at Erskine Mn at a Tesoro for 4.299. DAMN but that felt good! I never thought i would be so happy about paying 4.30 a gallon though. BTW, Erskine is about 1 hour west of Bemidji on Hwy 2.

Custom patches, caps, t-shirts, lapel pins etc since 1994.
Silver Brook Custom Embroidery and Patches
www.silverbrook-mn.com

"Now I Know Why Turtles Look So Smug"
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2008, 02:12:47 PM »

I sure am glad our politicians figured out how to make the prices drop. They are so wonderful! What would we do without them? Roll Eyes

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
It’s the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2008, 02:53:04 PM »

I guess some here may remember back in the Fifties when they had TV programs like "Our Friend the Atom" and were saying that by the end of the twentieth century energy would be so cheap that they would not even bother to meter electricity anymore.  As you can see, both that prediction and the flying cars have come true.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
compedgemarine

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2008, 02:57:01 PM »

Cliff
sorry to hear Helen, Georgia lost out. it is about 25 minutes from the house. pretty little bavarian town and lots of fun.
steve
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2008, 05:01:22 PM »

I just returned from vacation, on the way down the highest price I saw was 5.00 a gallon.  One week later on the way home in Virginia the lowest price was 4.34 a gallon.........oil dropped again today......I'm hearing it will drop to 100 dollars a barrel by Sept or earlier..........Americans are using 850,000 barrels less everyday according to the Energy Department, not only are we using less but so is everyone else cutting back............this is great stuff.......Let the arabs eat their oil.......lets have a national energy policy that encompasses all energy sources!  I for one am tired of being controlled by the middle east and their craziness and their oil!  The people responsible are those in Washington on "both" sides!

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2008, 08:05:50 PM »

Cliff
sorry to hear Helen, Georgia lost out. it is about 25 minutes from the house. pretty little bavarian town and lots of fun.
steve

Steve,

It may have lost out for the reunion, but its on our short list of next stops.

I will try to get ahold of you if we get up there this year...Probably in a cooler month......

Cliff

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2008, 08:17:06 PM »

Fuel costs are coming down because drivers, in the last 7 month, have driven 40 BILLION miles less.   Americans ain't stupid.  Some may be, but most are permanently altering their driving habits. 
This effect has sent the feds into a tizzy.  The fuel tax is off by a whopping amount and they are trying to figure out how to replace the lost revenue. 
Get ready for toll roads, and other creative 'fees'.   The feds aren't likely to raise fuel taxes this year due to the election.  They ain't stupid either. 
A person that trades their Expedition for a Prius isn't going to go back to an Expedition any time soon.   The auto market cannot retool for tiny fuel efficient vehicles fast enough.
This is a remarkable change when one considers that the US uses 25% of the world petrol production.  However, we also produce almost 30% of the world GDP.  We have global impact. 
Add to the mix that the US is the marketplace for the countries that compete for crude...and who knows.  We sneeze, they get sick.  Without our marketplace, they don't need oil.  We may find a barrel of oil dropping precipitously in the near future.   That would be nice for us bus owners (back on topic eh?).
In the past, every time the market started reacting to high fuel prices, the prices came down suddenly.   I've often wondered if this wasn't planned to interrupt permanent change in driving habit.  Seems they may be too late this time. 
I live near the NC/SC boarder.  Most of the diesel that I buy comes from SC since they are often sell  the lowest priced diesel in the country.  North Carolina state fuel tax is usery!  All of us 'boarder' residents buy fuel in SC.  Good thing RVs aren't apportioned. 

BTW, Gus, JR don't believe 'everyone' believes any particular line.  About half the country is, to some degree, a right-wing busnut (Mom and apple pie), and the other half is made up of...well....collectivist zealots (AlGore and T. Boone Pickens.  Both of whom will pick the taxpayer's bones clean!). 
I'm not at all a fan of Bush/Cheney.  I am positively not a fan of 'Cap'nTrade' Reid/Pelosi.  I personnally believe that they are all buffoons.  Reid/Pelosi/AlGore are downright dangerous...IMHO.  Still, I come down on the side of least government intervention.   The market will take care of itself.  Sometimes it ain't clean and neat, but it works best.   Government by fiat is a disaster in the making.
Witness the unexpected reduction in fuel use.  The feds didn't expect that hit.  Too damn bad.
Regarding Rush Limbaugh...he's OK.  But Limbaugh isn't far enough to the 'right' for me.  I'm a Mark Levin fan...check him out on XM sometime. You'll love Rush in comparison...!  Wink
For the sake of sanity of the board, I'll bow out now.  I promise! 
Politik that relates to the cost of bus ownership should be fair game.   Let the chips fall where they may!   
No matter how you shake it, one has to agree that the Democrat Party and their environmental cabal have blocked all forms of energy production in this country for years.  That is not an arguable point.  What we use for fuel is arguable.  And I'm open to any suggestion.  The environmentals are actively blocking wind-gen here in the NC mountains and Martha's Vinyard, coal in any form, hydroelectric in Georgia, nukes anywhere, any production of oil drilling or mining, and often even building transmission lines.  Their idea of a perfect world would be to resurrect the 1700s.   Of course, the envrionmentals would be strongly against horse emissions. 
T. Boone Pickens says we cannot 'drill our way out' of the shortage...maybe not, but we aren't going to 'wind-gen' or 'solar' panel our way out either.   At the least, drilling might bridge the problem. It'll damn sure scare the sheets off the Arabs. 
They keep talking about 2030...I'll be dead and buried by that time.  What about 5 years from now...let's talk about energy in 5 years.  I know...that's narcissistic.  Sorry.
Hey, the bright side, since my EV is such an polluter, I've got a few horses here....I'm ready for the new America!   Does that suit?  Grin

DRILL HERE, DRILL NOW!   JR   Grin

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2008, 08:21:02 PM »

Steve,

It may have lost out for the reunion, but its on our short list of next stops.

I will try to get ahold of you if we get up there this year...Probably in a cooler month......

Cliff

Cliff, what about around October?  October the 4th weekend?  Just be a short hop (relatively ?) to Palmetto Cove?
Be nice to see you guys again!  Bring the 'fireplace'! 

JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2008, 08:24:30 PM »

Cliff, what about around October?  October the 4th weekend?  Just be a short hop (relatively ?) to Palmetto Cove?
Be nice to see you guys again!  Bring the 'fireplace'! 

JR

JR,

I am trying to figure out that trip too!

I have the diverter plate we designed (for the fire pit) at the last non-rally in production...

Cliff

Mark Twain
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: