Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 02, 2014, 01:39:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diesel prices dropping (finally!)  (Read 4500 times)
compedgemarine

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2008, 08:30:09 PM »

well if you wait till October then Octoberfest will be starting up in Helen. it is a bavarian town afterall. Helen has alot of events going for Octoberfest so it should be fun.
steve
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2008, 09:10:49 PM »

well if you wait till October then Octoberfest will be starting up in Helen. it is a bavarian town afterall. Helen has alot of events going for Octoberfest so it should be fun.
steve

Yeah Cliff!  Just think of the fuel you'll save by coming up thru NC in early October, and that'll leave you in an excellent 'jumping off' position for the Ocktoberfests...literally everywhere up here..and Georgia.
What the hey, Kyle said we could rename the Non-Rally to Ocktoberfest Non-Rally...!
What's the deal with 'production?'  Are you selling the steel furnace?  How much for a reasonable facsimile?  We might want one of those portable fire pits!   I could start saving today...and there's financing....! Wink
Hope y'all make it up!  Julie's one of the few people that stay up as late as I typically do.
Gonna have a picking session Sat evening too...bring your bango...is Julie still playing?  The same bango player that was there last year is returning.  He's an excellent banjo picker...does a lot of progressive stuff.   We can crack off a few on Thursday or Friday too....gitrdone!
I've already bought fuel for that trip.  Is that 'hedging'?   Only have two trips planned this fall.  Denton Bluegrass festival, and Palmetter Cove.   We just returned from one hot festival that, othe than the heat, was great.  I did more picking there than at most major festivals.   They had Rhonda Vincent (major babe dude!) and Nothin Fancy.  There were some other really good bands there too....got CRS...sorta like alzhiemers...but not exactly the same. 
AS long as I can find the steering wheel and keys, I can drive!  The bus.   Grin 
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2008, 08:38:32 PM »

cliff, if your on your way thru NC to minnisquito, you can stop by and visit near cleveland.  until it gets below $4, we ain't goin nowhere.  30 amp plug in and the misquitos are smaller than MN.

to save money, i followed jack conrad's advice which at the time sounded great.  he said he keeps his tank full becuase it was higher the next time he took a road trip.  so our last bluegrass show, we filled up at $4.749.  of course, me filling the tank caused a drop in the oil price.  Next trip, it will no doubt go up until after i refill the tank.

hey, anyone got any good recommendations for brands of additives for the ulsd that are easily available?  if this is what's call hijacking, someone say so and i'll start a new thread.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: