Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 01:21:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twin screws  (Read 978 times)
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« on: July 26, 2008, 05:12:06 PM »

A 4 wheel drive MC7 Huh
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MCI-Bus-PACKAGE-DEAL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6728QQihZ003QQitemZ130241044106QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 05:20:45 PM »

it was a Combo Conversion.  Scenicruiser rear end put in by Greyhound.  Used for Freighter service
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 05:21:53 PM »

Ednj, I made that mistake a while back thinking that it was a twin screw hope the guys are easy on you  LOL
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 06:52:34 PM »

Even though they have the same paint scheme, if you look closely, you'll see two different buses picture as the example.  One has the normal single tire tag axle with a full cargo compartment infront of the driver and the other has the twin duals like the Scenicruiser but with just a smaller "half" cargo compartment in front of the driver.  Even though it looks like tandems, you can plainly see on the rear axle hub the rubber stopper to add axle oil to the tag axle bearings.  I wouldn't deal with this person since they can't even be honest about the pictures they post.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 06:57:57 PM »

Tom, they are actually selling two MC-7s

the one looks to be a Custom Coach conversion ( that would be the Mac Bus)  although it surely has seen better days.

HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 01:55:04 PM »

There was a very pretty model MCI like that for sale up here in Cave Junction OR.  Had the tandem drive.  The owner said it was a freight version of a passenger bus and that, according to him, had heavier componets allowing it to have a high GVWR.  I think it had a 8V92TI 500hp and a manual tranny of some sort.....or was it an Allision?  Don't remember.  Ophs...paragraghs getting tooos long tooos.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: