Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 06:13:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRIVATE COACH EMBLEM?  (Read 3170 times)
mccarlk

1967 mci 5 8v71 auto

Ignore
« on: July 31, 2008, 05:29:43 PM »

hi i have seen a guy in michigan on ebay that sells these custom made private coach emblems, of coarse that i want to buy them i cant see them anywhere, looking for this source or anybody else,thanks ken

treat every day like is your last, just make sure you dont spend all your money,in case its not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 06:21:54 PM »

Sorry can't help with the emblem. But is your bus home now? Or is that a pic were its coming from? Looks good.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
Airbag

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 06:24:04 PM »

Lovely 5 Ken  Smiley Have you posted pictures yet?

Rick
Charles in SC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 06:32:33 PM »

I have seen some pretty nice ones on Ebay in the past, you might try there.

S8M 5303 built in 1969, converted in 2000
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 06:38:47 PM »

Mark Barrett
South Lyon, MI 48178

I am waiting for mine to arrive.  Bought them at the e place.  Hope this helps.

Dennis   

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
mccarlk

1967 mci 5 8v71 auto

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 06:53:41 PM »

thanks for the info, the pic is from california just before they loaded it, i got the call today will be here monday am, i cant wait, i live in the country , so awnings out , lawn chair and a cold beer to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

treat every day like is your last, just make sure you dont spend all your money,in case its not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 10:27:55 PM »

Why do so many want to have “Private Coach” on their buses? Is there a law or something? I don’t have one on mine and I haven’t had an issue yet. Educate me.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
It’s the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 10:41:01 PM »

For my part I am mildly interested in getting one.  If I saw one I liked, in brass or something, I might get it.  Not a big deal, but a nice touch, that says this is not commercial.

There is no law that I am aware of.  I have been boarded at check oints several times, although that was before I put the roof airs on and several other features that identify me as a motorhome.

Why do some paint their coaches with wild stripes, and others with muted colors.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Dreamscape

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 02:20:33 AM »

The seller name to search on eBay is Presicionwork. Then once you find it you can send him a note. I bought ours from him and it is first class.

I thought I had a phone number, can't find it. He had some listed last week.

Good Luck and hope you enjoy your new TOY!

Paul
mccarlk

1967 mci 5 8v71 auto

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 04:19:49 AM »

thanks dreamscape just emailled him, as for a law i dont believe so, i just think the one i saw will look very classy, thaks again guys, and if your ever near cambridge ontario, drop me a line, ken

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 05:16:17 AM »

Why do some paint their coaches with wild stripes, and others with muted colors.

Different owners personalities???

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
cody

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 05:27:34 AM »

Mine says Private cause I couldn't afford a Captain coach lol.  And the Swedish Bikini Team was already taken.
mccarlk

1967 mci 5 8v71 auto

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 06:38:06 AM »

yep , if we had all the same tastes it would be pretty boring, ken

Le Mirage

Le Mirage XL 1987

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2008, 07:10:36 AM »

My emblem "Private coach" is made with vinyl sticker on each side the coach. Almost that, the border's officer (a beautiful "SS" blonde girl, 5'-10" Grin)  in Vermont asked to me last summer if my coach was commercial and wanted absolutly that my coach take a line for commercial buses...after many discussion, she understood that my coach is a "motorhome" not a commercial bus when she has seen my bed Grin Grin Grin...

Gaëtan & Manon (french canadian)
Prevost, Le Mirage XL, 1987
Quebec, Canada

http://latchodromquebec.blogspot.com/2010/05/la-fin-du-voyage.html

H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2008, 07:43:16 AM »

I just did a lot of searching on Ebay and did not find anyone selling.  Maybe I should wait and try again in a few days.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
compedgemarine

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 12:07:33 PM »

the auction for them just ended the other day. go to advance search, put in "private coach" and check the "completed listings only" box and they will come up. at that point just contact the seller as he makes them I believe.
steve
garhawk

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 01:11:17 PM »

for a first class 'PRIVATE COACH' emblem contact:

Mark Barrett
313 537 7510

he is machinist in Mich.

gary t'berry
Eagle Mod 20 DD ser 60 w/slide
GMC RTS 102"  40er (in progress)
Dreamscape

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008, 02:07:10 PM »

Is he the one selling on eBay?

If not do you have a pic of his work?

Thanks,

Paul
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 05:22:34 PM »

I have one on my MCI9 and it is high quality and has been on the bus for 2 years without issue. I would highly recommend the ebay version if you are interested. Good to deal with and shipped promptly.

Good luck!

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
RTS/Daytona

Pete RTS/Daytona ->'89 TMC 35' 102" 6V92TA 4:10

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 06:47:37 PM »

Mark Barrett  - Owns a 40' RTS Model 6 Bus conversions and

Tram 7 Precision
10086 Colonial Industrial Drive, South Lyon, MI 48178

248) 446-7340

Mark is the owner of the machine shop that mades those BEAUTIFUL  "PRIVATE COACH" signs you see on EBAY

I have them on my RTS also - real works of art

one of his past Ebay Items-- see--> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Private-Coach-Emblem-Motorhome-Bus-Conversion-RV_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50069QQihZ007QQitemZ170239670421QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Gary - I think you posted the wrong #
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 06:51:16 PM by RTS/Daytona » Logged

If you ain't part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 06:48:54 PM »

Why do so many want to have “Private Coach” on their buses? Is there a law or something? I don’t have one on mine and I haven’t had an issue yet. Educate me.
I have one on each side directly aft of the driver's compartment. They are solid brass with matching background color. Why? BECAUSE IT BELONGS TO ME!!!!  Grin Grin

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 07:05:00 PM »

Will,

Yes I ave read a good book.  The one by Scott McClellan.  Lots of new angles and info.  After all these years the guy seems to have turned into a Conservative to whom truthfulness matters highly.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 07:25:10 PM »

Will,

Yes I ave read a good book.  The one by Scott McClellan.  Lots of new angles and info.  After all these years the guy seems to have turned into a Conservative to whom truthfulness matters highly.

John

I'm glad for you, John. But I'm going to refrain from commenting on your choice of literature for fear of turning this into another political thread. I will say, however, that I thought he was always a conservative. Turning honest with a conscience, that's another matter  Grin

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2008, 09:22:29 PM »

PP,

My "post" to you in response to you signature line was an error. Embarrassed  I intended the communication to be a PM but it somehow got away from me. Sad  My apology to you and the board.  Cry Smiley

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: