Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 02:41:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: As usual........  (Read 10127 times)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 10:59:01 PM »

Obviously not going well. What's the latest?

I hope tomarrow is better,

Laryn

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Dreamscape

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 03:34:22 AM »

I hope after you had a good nights sleep you will consider your frustrations.

I went to start our Eagle after it sitting for two months. Guess what, no start.  Angry Checked my batts, they were real low. Should have taken the cables off the batts instead of relying on the switch. Oh well, now they sit idle on charge for a couple of days. Cry Cry

Just letting you know it happens to all of us at one point or another.

Don't give up! You have learned so much don't stop now.

Good Luck and Happy Trails,

Paul
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 04:37:28 AM »

Chaz,

I can feel your frustration!

Like most on here who use our buses, I have had my MOMENTS with our 4905!  Angry

Get a little rest and hop up on the MAK couch, and let the Bus Doctors lend a hand..... Wink

It the only thing with these Ole Buses thats FREE.......

Hang in there Buddy!

Cliff

« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 04:43:32 AM by FloridaCliff » Logged

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2008, 06:20:03 AM »

Chaz,

Take a break.

"Go easy, go greasy, just kind of let it kind of sl-i-i-i-ide right on by!"  (from some old blues song that I can't remember).

Seriously, with your exceptional talents and art, it's just another glitch.

I sold my beat up 4104 and bought a nice Vogue motor home.  It is exceptionally well built, runs and handles great, has lots of cool amenities, and I have regretted that decision ever since!

A bus is far more that a motor home, and, like a good mate, a pain in the a**, but more than worth the aggravation.

Hang in there friend.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Dallas

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2008, 06:55:33 AM »

Hey Chaz,

Think Positive, things could be worse.

I feel your pain guy. I wish I could help you.

It looks like we'll be here another week or so and then be looking for a new gig. I don't know what direction we'll be taking yet, the navigator hasn't given me my directions, but if it's out your way maybe we can stop by for a day or two and help you get things straightened out.

Len...
I think that's a Frank Zappa Song, and not only is it Frank Zappa weird, it's just thoroughly weird all the way around!

http://www.lyricsdownload.com/zappa-frank-keep-it-greasy-lyrics.html

Dallas
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2008, 08:22:52 AM »

Anytime I work on my bus reminds me that Murphy's law is live and well!  Keep at it you you'll find out what's wrong so it doesn't happen again.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Bob Gil
Bob Gilbreath bobgil@sbcglobal.net

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2008, 09:10:09 AM »

Hey Chaz,

I understand where you are I have been there most of the time since I got this one.  I hope I can get it going before i give up  on it and sell it for a reduclius price when we could have enjoyed it for a while.

If I could be there to help you get yours going it might make working on mine a little easier, knowing that I helped some one else and they were enjoying thier bus and some day I could too.

Hope it is just a little thing that is keeping it from starting, and you get it running soon and get on with enjoying it.

Fort Worth, Texas where GOD is so close you don't even need a phone!

1968 GM Bus of unknown model 6V53 engine (aftermarket) converted with house hold items.

Had small engine fire and had no 12 volt system at time of purchase. 
Coach is all 110 w 14KW diesel genrator
Charles Seaton

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2008, 09:12:08 AM »

Chaz,

The bottom line is: If we wanted something that started every time and were assured that nothing would go wrong, we souldn't have bought buses.  Your 4108 looks great andf, yes, it is going to give you a little trouble from time to time.  But there is nothing on it that can't be fixed even a no start condition.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2008, 10:30:18 AM »

I understand your frustration. BTDT.  Shocked

Don't be too hard on yourself, after all, you had a learning curve on most everything else you do . . . . .

The bus issues can be resolved, it just takes time & $$ with less time usually costing more Sad  Shocked

If you're like me, you allowed yourself to be too dependant too early in your enthusiasm to use your bus.
Give it some time & it will come to you just like all your other skills have.  Cool
Remember, you just have to approach these bus issues a little differently since they aren't as common as old cars & bikes.

BTW, you ain't the first to want to walk away after p***ing on it.  Grin
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 10:31:56 AM by kyle4501 » Logged

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2008, 01:54:02 PM »

And...good short paragraphs Chaz!!!   He he he,...hoo...hoo...hoo!!  just kidding!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2008, 03:57:49 PM »

I could fill up a good three or four hours telling you all about my second weekend from hell in my bus. (cooling, electrical, air and of course the "incident")

Life sucks and then you die.
  Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Bob Gil
Bob Gilbreath bobgil@sbcglobal.net

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2008, 04:01:14 PM »

We are ready to hear it when you are ready to type it out.

It might help to get it out and get on with things.

We have all had those days and week and months and more.

Fort Worth, Texas where GOD is so close you don't even need a phone!

1968 GM Bus of unknown model 6V53 engine (aftermarket) converted with house hold items.

Had small engine fire and had no 12 volt system at time of purchase. 
Coach is all 110 w 14KW diesel genrator
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2008, 04:22:59 PM »

I could fill up a good three or four hours telling you all about my second weekend from hell in my bus. (cooling, electrical, air and of course the "incident")

Life sucks and then you die.
  Chaz

But you survived! Look at it this way:
If that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger, in a few more trips, you'll be able to kick superman's butt!  Grin  Cool

Oh yeah, before you p*** on it & walk away, make sure the battery is disconnected.  Shocked

I've had those moments with the last 2 buses I bought.
1 took a crap on The Bridge Tunnel! Man, you'll get LOTS of attention if you do that! Wink Then it decided to give me the finger again when we were blocking traffic in one of those neighborhoods that the cops don't respond until AFTER the caller states "shots fired & the fire is almost out"  Shocked

There's more, but I gotta save something for my memoirs.  Grin

At times like this, I do a selfish project just for ME. I'll make that tool or special fixture I've been putting off. It restores my sense of purpose & helps me get things back in perspective. Not to mention they become some of my favorite "trophies".

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
rwc
No longer will be Now AM

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2008, 05:16:38 PM »

Hey Dude Lighten up!! At least you have a bus to cvomplain about. I still haven't found "the Bus".

Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2008, 05:30:34 PM »

Chaz, you lucky man, Ive got an airplane, bus, boat, two motorcycles, tractor, truck, and three cars, all need me at the same time. You know the rules.>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: