Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 11:22:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: As usual........  (Read 9825 times)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2008, 11:24:39 AM »

Be aware that when you get an idea in the future, someone will say, "Why that's a dumb idea.  It's just like the time you bought that bus you had to get rid of."  I have found that even loved ones are not above using your past against you in a heated argument. 

Spouses are the absolute most notorious for this tactic.  They can be the nicest person you know, but when a disagreement arises, their human nature will drive them to use their knowledge of you against you.  Likewise human nature will drive your response.  Wrecks a lot of marriages.

As others have said, don't make a sudden decision based on what we say, or what a non busnut says.  Keep in mind, both sides are biased.  Discuss your feelings about it with people of both perspectives, then weigh their advise for a while.  Don't be too quick to give up on your dream.  The things most worth achieving are not done easily.  And dreams given up, even volutarily, can cause resentment later.
Dreamscape

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2008, 12:37:22 PM »

Installed the starter this morning along with two new G31's. She fired up quickly! And after such a bad day yesterday.  Cry

Sometimes you have to make lemonade out of lemons.  Grin

As others have said, Think about your decision before making one. Don't let anyone influence you. Be happy you made the right choice.

You will always be welcome here no matter what happens!

Good Luck My Friend,

Paul
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2008, 12:55:49 PM »

Chaz,

Wifey prefers to stay in a hotel???  Separate beds?  Sounds like the perfect end to a perfect plan that has come together.  You ol'e fox you!  Then each of you could "go home" when you individually ran out of your separate budget.  Wow!  The possibilities are endless.  You have a dog, right?  Lot'sa beer?  Hummmmmm!

I know where of I speak.  If you think you are living a stressful life then that isn't just true it is dangerously true.  For you to get into that here sounds like a scream for help....don't ask me why I would think that.  So get the help you need....drugs from a Dr. or bonyfide shrink and follow their advice.  Not a Ky-row-prakter even though the lit says they can cure depression and diabetes with spinal manipulation.  Follow instructions and you may be surprised to hear "keep the bus hobby" or keep the separate room to use to decompress and meditate.  I can't offer you "real" advice as my medical credentials are worth exactly what I paid for them and that's ZIP.  You didn't call a dentist to resolve your DD problems so don't get help from a mech. for head problems.  I'm the mech in that example.  

Good luck my friend.  There are many others reading between the lines on your posts and your being among friends you should write often...it helps.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2008, 02:25:13 PM »

So Chaz, yas iz hav'n a problem or 2. OK I got a great Idea for ya. Wanna by a charter bus company? Now hold on a minute think it over, while I tell ya what ya get here!

OK let's start with
(1) '95 SETRA S217HDH (45' 59 passenger 60 series/b500)
(1) '91 SETRA S215HDH (40' 51 passenger 8V92 DDEC/748)
(1) '89 SETRA S215HDH (same as above)
(1) '86 MCI 102A3        (6V92TA/740 reman engine has just under 100,000 documented miles)
(2) '85 MCI 96A3's        (6V92/740 1 we know the past 15 yrs history, the other all we know is we just bought it & it runs like a BOH!)

And our complete customer list! Plus any parts on the shelf!

Now for the bad the worst thing is dealing with drivers! PIA's! (the buses don't talk back!)
OK also the S215HDH's are not service ready at the moment. But 1 is very close to it! The other? Wellllllll!  (you get the idea!)
also the 102A3 has a busted engine cradle frame network and is about to drop the engine and trany somewhere in the middle of the road! LOL!

The S217HDH (my personal bus) runs and runs good!   
Both 96A3's run great! The one we have no history on runs like a BOH (bat outta hell!) We ain't never seen such a good run'n 6V92! That goes for the 7 buse we have (or had) and the 20+ my uncle Robert owned when he was in the biz!

So if ya thinks ya got problems, think about it this way. "It could be worse! I could have BK's problems! LOL!"   
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
skipn

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2008, 03:07:32 PM »

BK

Did you every get the non running bus from Idaho?

Skip
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2008, 03:11:18 PM »

BK

Did you every get the non running bus from Idaho?

Skip

Interesting you ask, my associate and I have made arrangements to buy a BIG wrecker we found in NE and plan to go straight on out and pick it up from NE when we complete the deal!  So should be home this month! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2008, 08:21:16 PM »

Chaz

I know how you feel -- sorta -- nobody knows exactly.  My bus went to the shop in may and I just kept crossing off the trips I was gonna take this summer til now. Haven't been on a trip yet in the bus. I was hoping to have it home to use as a guest room for a weekend with out of town guests - not a chance -- still in the shop. I remember how much fun it is to drive so I'm holding out to get behind the wheel.

Good luck on what ever you decide.

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2008, 07:05:09 AM »

I appreciate all you guys sharing your stories with me to show me I'm not the only one with such issues. But the difference is in my head. And lets just say I don't wish to share it all, just the fact that the stress from this is kinda more than I can handle. I'm dealing with stuff that, yeah, a normal man could do standing on their head. And altho I have no problem standing on my head, it's the rest of the stuff that's working me over. (Plus I have to get my parents household ready for auction since Dad passed away almost a year ago. It's like selling my life and memories. And I'm a sentimental idiot.)

So basically, I am staying true to "the norm of Chaz" in that I just have too much on my plate. I have to somehow learn to say "no" in a polite way and try to back down and take it easy. And altho that kinda sounds like a cliche', I REALLY DO have to learn that. I have no idea how to relax. I don't think I ever did. When I was younger I had the "fun stuff"  Roll Eyes to slow me down. Unfortunately, I gave all that up 25 years ago. Hell, I don't even drink except for an occasional glass of wine.

Anyway, 'nuff of that. It's my problem and I will do what i can with it. I still believe having and using a bus is about as cool a thing a person - especially one like me - can do. I had some real high hopes of cruisin around down south and west in the winter. But this is usually more how it works.

PLEASE don't start feelin sorry for me or any of that stuff. I feel like I am putting forth WAAAAAY more than I should. Fact is, I am a very fortunate person in many ways. MANY WAYS!!! I just have to start managing life better. For some, it's easy - like for me to stand on my head  Smiley - but for me, it's tough. It's just the way life works.

Again, I don't want this to sound like some sort of sob story - as it sounds like that to me - but rather more of an explanation because you guys have been SOOOOOOO good to me. You really have and I owe you that. You have no idea how good it feels for me when someone helps me out. It's almost embarrassing. It can even be to the point where I feel bad about it. I need to be the one who helps and gives.

So this is it for me and personal stuff. I've said more than I am comfortable with. But I just thought you should know a little. I owe you that so you don't think I'm some sort of "fly by night" loser who was never really into having a bus in the first place, but it was just a whim.  (counting my schoolie, I've had a bus for almost 20 years. But the schoolie with a small block was easier to handle) So from now on, I'd like to keep it to bus's and trips and fun, etc. That's what we are here for and it's fantastic! Absolutely fantastic!

Thanx again, guys,

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
redbus

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2008, 07:31:43 AM »

Chaz

A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do for himself and his family And only you know what is best.

The best to you and your family

Terry
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, Believe in them, and try to follow them." ~Louisa May Alcott~
www.awayweare.blogspot.com/
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2008, 07:36:26 AM »

Chaz,
   Regardless of your final decision, you will always be welcome here.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2008, 01:00:26 PM »

Chaz,

At least you know we will always want you around....... Grin

Bus or Not!

On the other hand, if I get rid of the bus,

Well......Lets just say I don't want to find out...... Shocked .....LOL

Hang in there Buddy

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Todd

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2008, 01:33:32 PM »

“But then Linda probably has an anterior motive in her wanting to see it go.............she doesn't like camping”

Wife number two, told me that AFTER all the work, money, and time spent to take the family camping. That should have been a clue. Year’s later, only solution was to get rid of wife number two, problem solved, no stress, new lady in my life LOVES camping, and most everything I like, life is good.

Consider all your options, tomorrow is not guaranteed!

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 01:35:14 PM by Todd » Logged
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2008, 02:16:56 PM »

On the other hand, if I get rid of the bus,
Well......Lets just say I don't want to find out...... Shocked .....LOL
Cliff

Cliff,
   If you got rid of your bus, you would not have to worry about that.  When Julie and the kids got done with you, there would not be anything left of you.  LOL  Jack

PS: SE Cruisers are having another rally at Florida Flywheeler (2nd weekend of November)

FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2008, 03:25:20 PM »

Cliff,
   If you got rid of your bus, you would not have to worry about that.  When Julie and the kids got done with you, there would not be anything left of you.  LOL  Jack

PS: SE Cruisers are having another rally at Florida Flywheeler (2nd weekend of November)

Just got my newsletter, Flywheelers for sure, Rays I am making a deal to attend, hopefully......

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2008, 03:54:48 PM »

SE Cruisers are having another rally at Florida Flywheeler (2nd weekend of November)

Just got my newsletter, Flywheelers for sure, Rays I am making a deal to attend, hopefully......
Cliff[/quote]

Great!  Hopefully you can make Ray & Sally's too.  Tell Julie not to forget her banjo.  Lookin' forward to seein' ya'll.  Jack

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: