Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 22, 2014, 02:43:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whew! Smokin' Hot! Can someone loan me $59,000 asap!  (Read 4502 times)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« on: August 02, 2008, 05:46:52 AM »

1985 Prevost Liberty Coach

Buy it now: US $59,000.00

8V 92 Turbo Detroit Diesel with 450HP. It has an Allison 740 5speed automatic transmission, it also has 3 A/C Units that can be run off the Generator or 110 Elec.It is loaded with every option.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123&viewitem=&item=120289758407

« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 05:51:28 AM by Barn Owl » Logged

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
mccarlk

1967 mci 5 8v71 auto

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 05:50:51 AM »

wow!!!!  sounds to good to be true, i would definately be carefull,

treat every day like is your last, just make sure you dont spend all your money,in case its not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 05:59:01 AM »

Laryn,
   Better tread lightly. He says it has a 740 5 speed Allison, the 740 is a 4 speed. Looks like a yellow "dealers type" tag on the keys in the dash photo, AND he only has a 50% positive feedback.  I think this one would definitely require an in person inspection and test drive prior to bidding. Jack
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 06:01:13 AM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 06:12:32 AM »

Hey Laryn,
I'll loan it to ya, but I gotta get it outta the washer and dry it out first. (I hate it when I forget to empty my pocket change before doing laundry! LOL!)  Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 06:22:46 AM »

OK BK, ďYou da man!Ē I need the same as cash no payment till 2020 plan. Not to pressure, but you need to hurry. And since you are being the pal, can you drive it home for me? Iíll even let my two Jacks give you a kiss on the mouth. Kiss

Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 06:23:32 AM »

If I were really buying this coach I wouldnít pay until physical inspection. I read all of his feedback and I am not sure how it is 50%. I wouldnít expect a dealer to know too much about something like a bus so I would try to use that to my advantage. I used to work for a chemical company that sold to auto dealers and I learned that they all are out for #1. As always, itís the buyerís responsibility to do the homework. Looks like it might be a professional conversion to me. Probably a widow sale and she got taken to the cleaners.

tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 06:30:37 AM »

15 feedbacks and 50% positive rating.

I would not even bother emailing the guy with feedback like that
Dallas

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 06:44:05 AM »

15 feedbacks and 50% positive rating.

I would not even bother emailing the guy with feedback like that

Doug,
Since eBay has changed it's rating method it's become more difficult to assess a sellers ratings based on the number beside the name.
The feedback is now calculated on a 12 month period and doesn't reflect the total number.
This seller has one neutral and one positive in the last 12 months, which to eBay means a 50% rating.

However, I do agree that this one I would want to look at in person and take along Bryce or RJ or Sammy to look it over. The cost of their services and air fare would pay for itself in peace of mind.

Dallas
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 01:52:17 PM »

It's about 60 miles from me, but I'm going to be gone for awhile.  If it still available and or sale in 3 weeks, I'd be happy to go check it out for anyone who might be interested. I can probably find out maintenance history information on it, too, as there are not many places where this kind of coach will be serviced in this area.

Too bad this wasn't available when I first started looking. I might be driving it instead.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Chariotdriver

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 03:51:15 PM »

In one place the info says 40' in another it says 43' I wonder which one is true, aslo does it look to be widened and or raised?
 The picture from the inside looks like it is a a lot wider.
 Also he mentions that it has 3 ac, are they mounted below in the baggage bay since they are not on the top.
 Phil

Phil Webb
Pass Christian, MS
Chariotdriver

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 07:48:36 PM »

If everything was good, would that be a good deal, or a great deal?

Phil Webb
Pass Christian, MS
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 08:32:52 PM »

I have a neighbor who put an unneeded car up for sale. He didnít need the money and just wanted it gone so he big time low balled it. Everyone that looked at it kept asking him what was wrong with it and no matter how much he assured them, no one would buy it. After about a week of this he bought and installed some cheep floor mats and raised the price substantially. He sold it in one day. When I bought my bus I felt that at the time the owner underpriced it. But, I to at times had it in the back of my mind that maybe there was something wrong, and he didnít want to have too bad a conscience. But the truth was he wanted it gone. My point is that sometimes there are good deals to be had. It has been my experience that dealers like to turn things over quick as possible and they are not going to spend a lot of time going over something with a fine tooth comb. They just want to make a few bills and move on. If that bus is a professional conversion and that is truly all the miles on it I would think it is a super deal. If you find the sister to it a month from now and its $20k less then it would only be an OK deal. Therefore, deals are relative. It needs to be looked over, but it very well could be a great find. I challenge someone to show me a Prevost that on-line looks that nice, and for that price, regardless of who is selling it.

As for the discrepancies in the length, we know the seller is not a bus guy so who cares. Use their lack of knowledge of these machines to your favor. On my fathers bus he has low profile A/Cs and they are hard to see unless you sand back far enough. One would find out quick enough during an inspection. I wouldnít have a problem taking a negative on my eBay rating if I showed up and it was misrepresented.  EBay ratings donít mean what they used to because of some sellers manipulation, and intimidation, to some buyers. Anyone that eBays now knows what I mean.  In fact, the seller would realize quickly that he now has a big problem on his hands, a pissed off buyer that is within arms reachÖ.FWIW
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 08:35:13 PM by Barn Owl » Logged

Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 08:53:56 PM »

So I went back and looked at the ebay photos. It is a Liberty Coach, so it probably has had an easy life.

BK, my jacks are eagerly awaiting your arrival to give you your free kisses, don't disappoint them. Nothing more sad than two depressed dogs. Cry
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 08:55:51 PM by Barn Owl » Logged

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 09:22:59 PM »

I hear ya Laryn, problem is I sorta got that $ tied up at the moment. Also if I went ad picked it up right now, I'd have to go ahead and store it for ya 'til the end of the hurricane season, just incase we needed a bunk house/lounge/mess hall ! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Chariotdriver

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2008, 04:32:31 AM »

In one place the info says 40' in another it says 43' I wonder which one is true, aslo does it look to be widened and or raised?
 The picture from the inside looks like it is a a lot wider.
 Also he mentions that it has 3 ac, are they mounted below in the baggage bay since they are not on the top.
 Phil
    "It is what it is" ,... but what is it?  Do you think that it is a 40 footer by looking at the sides?
 Does it look like the ceiling is raised? Does it look like it is 102" wide?
  I'm not familiar with them enough to tell by looking at pics to determine the dimensions.

Phil Webb
Pass Christian, MS
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: