Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 08:11:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whew! Smokin' Hot! Can someone loan me $59,000 asap!  (Read 4574 times)
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2008, 06:50:41 PM »

If I were a first time buyer I would look at Bluebirds I have owned 2 and they were  great buses but don't buy a FC model( foward engine) but the LTC and the Express have baggage bays same runnning gear and engines as other buses and can be bought for a fraction of what other late model buses sell for plus they are nice looking and parts are cheap
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 06:53:29 PM by makemineatwostroke » Logged
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2008, 08:03:19 PM »

As an older Prevost owner, let me throw in my 2 cents worth. If it runs out good (and it probably does) the main drawback to it is the Liberty conversion. Whoever buys it will probably be looking at almost another $60G's just updating the interior. This is the voice of experience. Grin I believed when I did (and still am doing) the interior in ours, the final product would be worth the actual cost. With the deflated value of RV's in general today, we can only say that it's worth it to us in making it more comfortable and adding to pride of ownership. In conclusion, I believe it's a good starter coach for someone looking to stay away from major mechanical work (if it checks out okay), but plans on making the interior more livable. Not sure it's really a steal though, in todays market. IMHO
Good luck to whoever ends up with it,  Grin

Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2008, 08:31:41 PM »

OK, what about this one?

BIN $85k

Comments please.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123&viewitem=&item=200243801809

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS 40 FT PREVOST BUS. THIS BUS IS A 2 OWNER WITH 49K ORIGINAL MILES. WELL MAINTAINED IT HAS 8 NEW TIRES ON IT 8 NEW HOUSE BATTERIES, NEW UPGRADED MASERATOR PUMP SYSTEM FOR THE WASTE,ALUMINUM WRAP AWNINGS ALL AROUND, ALCOA RIMS, TAG AXLE THAT LIFTS FOR SHARP TURNING,2 SPEED JAKE BRAKE, 3 CRUISE AIRS, 3 PROPANE HEATERS, AND ALSO 3 ELECTRIC HEATERS WHICH ALL HAVE JUST BEEN SERVICED IN CLUDING ALL THE APPLIANCES SUCH AS DISH WASHER, ICE MAKER, WASHER AND DRYER, STACKABLE MORE USABLE, CENTRAL VAC , SAFE, FLAT TOP BURNERS,SATALLITE SYSTEM, POWER SEATS, AIR DOOR LOCK AND STEP COVER. EXCEPT FOR THE DATENESS OF THE INTERIOR AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE PICTURES THIS IS A VERY NICE 87 BUS FOR THE DOLLAR. I AM SURE YOU WOULD NOT BE DISAPPOINTED IN ANY WAY. GETS 7.1 M.P.G. ON THE ROAD TOWING A SMALL 4WD SUV. IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE DETAILED QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL ME ON MY CELL AT 863-287-7642. PLEASE ONLY SERIOUS BUYERS BID THIS IS NO GAME.  THANKS AND GOOD LUCK BIDDING..   GOD BLESS    BOB    POWERED BY A 8V-92 WITH 5 SPEED ALLISON AUTOMATIC.AGAIN I WOULD DRIVE THIS COACH ANYWHERE

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2008, 08:34:41 PM »

As an older Prevost owner, let me throw in my 2 cents worth. If it runs out good (and it probably does) the main drawback to it is the Liberty conversion.

Will -

Might I ask why a Liberty conversion is a drawback?  Is it the quality of their workmanship or just the somewhat dated look to the interior? 

Please clarify.

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Cary and Don

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2008, 08:50:51 PM »

If I was going to choose between the two, just on the interiors,  I would pick the first one for $59K.  I think it would be much easier to update for less money. 

Interior design and remodeling is what I do, so what I look for in a project would be a clean slate if possible.  I think adding some furniture with some color and pattern would make a huge difference in the first bus.  The ceiling is the only really costly problem I can see.  It could be capped over with upholstery. Some hardware on the cabinets.  If the cabinets are tired, they could be reskined, they appear to be laminate.

The second bus appears cramped and cluttered in the pictures.  Oak is out in our area of the country.  All the red would need to go.  Window treatments appear to be mauve.  They would need to go.

The guy selling that $59K bus is also selling a car hauler.  It appears he may have a towing business.  I'll bet he came into that bus through the towing business.

Don and Cary
GMC4107
Neoplan AN340

1973 05 Eagle
Neoplan AN340
coachconverter

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2008, 05:00:21 AM »

It's a moot point now, someone hit the Buy it Now at $59k last night or this morning.

Chariotdriver

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2008, 05:14:10 AM »

I think the car hauler is for the transport
Of their Inv , auctions etc due to the fact
That they are a pre owned car lot
Nice cars and trucks too
Phil

Phil Webb
Pass Christian, MS
edroelle

1998 Royale Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2008, 06:18:25 AM »

Liberty coaches are very highly regarded by most Prevost owners.  But, they are not engineered for serviceability.   Appearance is there #1 priority.   Liberty is still in business and is generally helpful to owners.  Liberty coaches have demanded the higher prices.

Royale coach is no longer in business.  Their coach systems are much more simple and serviceable.  Royale is noted for their wood (usually cherry) cabinetry.   

Ed Roelle
Flint, MI

Blacksheep

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2008, 08:37:36 AM »

If the second coach listed here is located in Florida then that's the same one I have been trying to sell for my friend Bob. He has this bus locally for sale and has had many tire kickers but no takers and honestly can't see why! This bus is everything and more than what pictures show it is. I first saw it in Arcadia and was very impressed with EVERYTHING I saw with it! For the year, it is one of, if not the straightest coaches I have seen! Very clean and well maintained to boot! Of course not every bus that is already converted will fit everyone's needs and will almost have to be personalized once purchased but if I were looking to get into a Prevost, which I'm not, I would not hesitate o n the second one now that the first one is gone!

Also,  if anyone needs me to go look at particular items or take other pics of this coach, feel free to just ask. It's not that far away!

Ace

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2008, 09:19:23 AM »

Quote from: Dallas
Doug,
Since eBay has changed it's rating method it's become more difficult to assess a sellers ratings based on the number beside the name.
The feedback is now calculated on a 12 month period and doesn't reflect the total number.
This seller has one neutral and one positive in the last 12 months, which to eBay means a 50% rating.

However, I do agree that this one I would want to look at in person and take along Bryce or RJ or Sammy to look it over. The cost of their services and air fare would pay for itself in peace of mind.

Dallas

Dallas while I appreciate the compliment, I'd say that you'd certainly be a better candidate for a coversion inspection! I may know drive train, chassis, & brakes, and some electrical. But you are by far more experienced in any part of a conversion than I am. FWIW Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Chariotdriver

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2008, 12:14:13 PM »

That was me that hit the buy it now button
Decided not to get it after all and there was another couple
There that traded in a 66vette toward it with some cash.
Surprisingly we ALL got along together.
In min MN airport waiting to go to ATL then New Orleans tonight
Phil

Phil Webb
Pass Christian, MS
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2008, 04:36:11 PM »

Phil,

How about a first hand report? What it decent? Look as good as the photos? Not of your taste? Would like to hear all about it. Good and Bad.

Chariotdriver

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2008, 05:38:36 PM »

I'm sorry that I did not bring it laptop
Which would make it easier on the typing
Since I'm doing this on my cell phone..
With thumbs!!!
Please forgive,.. More later
Phil

Phil Webb
Pass Christian, MS
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2008, 06:21:20 PM »

Might I ask why a Liberty conversion is a drawback?  Is it the quality of their workmanship or just the somewhat dated look to the interior? 

Please clarify.

Wink

RJ, I'm not in a position to remark on their quality. Laminates speak for themselves. I'm a solid wood type of guy. I just haven't seen a Liberty conversion yet that didn't come off as either too flashy with no substance, or too much like an entertainer. I'm border line with Marathon conversions, but I like their original materials-something to work with.
My wife and I both prefer the $85K Prevost, only because there's something to start with. She likes the paintjob better too  Grin
Those are my opinions, and like a-*s, we all have one.
Someone got a fine bus either way.

Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2008, 06:27:06 PM »

To keep things in perspective though, there was a $26k difference. The difference alone could have bought two of my buses, possibly three.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 06:33:04 PM by Barn Owl » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: