Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 17, 2014, 08:25:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iota 100 amp transfer switches  (Read 574 times)
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« on: August 02, 2008, 06:26:28 PM »

I am planning to upgrade my wiring and add a second Trace/Xantrex  SW4024..   I have a Powertech 17.5KW Genset wired for 220 volts.   It looks like the Iota units on Ebay seem to be the better deal.   I was looking at the Lyght 75 amp unit but the Iota has a better price.   Has anyone installed these units?   The next question is..   Does anyone have pictures of how they laid out there inverters and transfer switches/panel layout..    It always seems that when you get these thing halfway installed you wish that you arranged it a different way.   

A big Thanks to Sean for emailing me the latest info regarding Xantrex SW4024's..
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 05:05:45 AM »

I have installed several of the Iota transfer switches. No problems with any of them (so far).  My bus and one I am doing now for a gentleman in Chicago have a main panel and a sub panel in a closet with the inverter in a bay.
     A circuit breaker in the main panel feeds the inverter. the output from the inverter feeds the sub panel. All outlets and appliances that are powered by the inverter are fed from individual breakers in the sub panel. As long as there is a source of power (shoreline or generator) going to the inverter, the power "passes through" with part of it powering the charger built into the inverter.
     This is one way of wiring the system, there are others that are also approved. Check your inverter manual for the options available. If you do not have the inverter & manual yet, you can probably find the ,manual online. Isn't this internet a great thing!  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: