Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 11:35:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xantrex sells to Schneider Electric  (Read 1221 times)
lesrMC9

Ignore
« on: August 02, 2008, 11:13:07 PM »

Schneider Electric to buy Canada's Xantrex for $415M
28 Jul 2008 ... French electrical engineering group Schneider Electric SA has agreed to buy Canada's Xantrex for $415-million.
www.financialpost.com/story.html?id=685573
TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 11:53:20 PM »

Does this mean if I have a problem with my Xantrex and confront it, that it will run away?

Jay
87 SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
compedgemarine

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 07:36:16 AM »

man, tough crowd Grin
steve
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 07:46:17 AM »

Does this mean if I have a problem with my Xantrex and confront it, that it will run away?

Jay
87 SaftLiner

"Now that thars funny, I don't care who ya are"........Larry the Cable guy

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 08:22:08 AM »

Great response, I needed a chuckle Grin

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
junkman42

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 08:52:05 AM »

Can I assume that on a hot day when My fridge quits that when I open the bay I will see a white flag?  Perhaps it will quit for lunch?  Never buy what I buy, never it will always be discontinued.  LOL, John.
Bob Belter

Eagle 01 //Cummins M-11 Roadranger OD RTO1110

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 12:19:42 PM »

Ahoy, BusFolk!!!!!

I have a Prosine 2000.  It has been great.  Now, things do NOT look good.

I once had a Facel Vega (That's an automobile, for the younger set), and also a Peugot.

You can quote me:

THE FRENCH DO NOT HAVE CUSTOMERS.  THEY HAVE VICTIMS!!!!!

Enjoy  /s/   Bob
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 01:33:23 PM »

Bob,

You didn't have to admit to having bought a French Facel Vega....we aren't that strict here on our background checks. Huh  But to confess to having bought a SECOND French car, well, that is totally uncalled for and could create a serious bias. Grin

Did you ever share what kind of MPG you are getting out of your M11 with a Road R.?  Hp set up?  Really curious about that.  Sorry if you have to repeat yourself.

Thanks,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Bob Belter

Eagle 01 //Cummins M-11 Roadranger OD RTO1110

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 07:50:43 PM »

Ahoy, John,

Well  ------  A second French car does sort of impeach my credibilty.  "Yah, and there is a little pony at the bottom of that pile!!!!!"  --  Never did find that pony.

But --- Your question:::   My Eagle bus / M-11 mileage.  (Nice pony----).

OK:  Best mileage seen was two years ago through the midwest on a trip to Minnesota and the Oshkosh fly in.  About 2200 miles @ 12.7 mpg  Cruise at no more than 65mph, and with the A/C on.  Average for ~~11,000 miles, including lots of mountains and some short runs is 11.1 mpg.  I am fairly light for an Eagle-01, at ~~32,000lbs full-up.  THe significant factor is the manual transmission -w- overdrive.  At 65mph, I'm mosying along at about 1350 rpm.  OK, so some of you have heard me shift that big sucker, and wonder how I ever managed to land a jet on an aircraft carrier.  Truth is --  Lots easier than a bus with a ten speed, until it gets dark and nasty.  Then--  that 'black air' makes it a bit more demanding.

Other than that, we are off to The Tailhook gathering in Reno in a month, then Minnesota, Chicago, Pensacola Naval air museum, Oakie City, and return.  At Pensacola, I have flown one of the airplane species, the AJ-2 Savage, on a couple of cruises a long time ago. The exact airplane featured I flew eight times, and and the last flight was a carrier landing.  IT is in a museum, but at least I am NOT.

BTW  For you turbo guys:  That airplane with it's P&W R-2800's would crank out it's 2500 sea level horsepower at 42,000 feet altitude!!!  Any of our buses would likely not do too well up there.  But---  You needed a 'steam engineer's' liscence to fly that beast!!!

Enjoy  /s/  Bob     
Sojourner

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 08:09:22 PM »

Jay
87 SaftLiner

Yup...that sound like Garfield! LOL

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: