Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 10:26:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fuel lately  (Read 10411 times)
zimtok

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 08:05:36 AM »

I don't try to find the cheapest fuel, or wait to see if the price will change.

I buy fuel every week on Saturday on my way to our regular gig. There are 3 places I can fill up both the deisel and gas without moving the bus so I usually stop at one of those. The price difference is usually very close to each other.

In most cases the price difference is not enough for me to go out of my way to save a few dollars because I would burn up that and maybe more in fuel to get there.

1960 PD4104-4971 - Memphis TN

Buy the new Eddie L Smith CD "STAYIN LONG" at:
http://www.eddielsmith.com
Everyone is welcome to any of our gigs listed on the website.

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 08:12:58 AM »

I got a call from a drivers wife (still puzzled as to why she called instead of him!) last night at 11:30 telling me I needed to go fuel the buses that were not full @ "Food Plaza*" (our local Phillips 66 retailer & usually the highest price around!) as they had just dropped the price 23 cents (down to $4.29)since he'd drove by it on his way to pick up the bus (which he'd come and fueled in the afternoon at a different station for $4.47).
I didn't go fuel 'm last night, but I will today!  Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 08:28:54 AM »

I didn't go fuel 'm last night, but I will today!  Grin  BK  Grin

Hurry!  Go do it now!   Grin

Once your tanks are full the price is sure to drop some more and we all benefit.  Wink Grin

I am hoping that once  investors who bought oil futures as a "sure thing" investment take a big loss, that investors in general will run away from investing in oil and prices will drop further.
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 11:34:18 AM »

you all have just a few weeks to get fuel at low prices.  we usually fill up at 1/4 tank and i'm at 1/2 now.  no more trips until Sept 4.  i'll let you know because the price will go back up to $4.74 as i pull into the flying j.  the last time i filled up, the price went down the next week.  so it seems i have an effect.

i'm also a weathervane for company stock prices.  when i buy 100 shares of anything, the price goes down and the day after i sell, they develop a new product and get rich.

4.39 is the last we saw in ohio a few days ago.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Dreamscape

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2008, 11:49:24 AM »

I just got back from the dentist. Cry

Eating a can of Bush's Baked Beans, so I'm all gassed up and ready to blow!  Roll Eyes

No need to fill the tank now. Hee Hee

Happy Trails Everyone!

Paul
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 11:55:10 AM »

The going price in my area near Minneapolis seems to be around $4.29 with some places not in my immediate area as low as $4.14.  

With my luck, we'll have some major oil related disaster before I put in 40 or 50 gallons on Tuesday when I take the bus for the annual oil change.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Blacksheep

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 11:57:31 AM »

you all have just a few weeks to get fuel at low prices.  we usually fill up at 1/4 tank and i'm at 1/2 now.  no more trips until Sept 4.  i'll let you know because the price will go back up to $4.74 as i pull into the flying j.  the last time i filled up, the price went down the next week.  so it seems i have an effect.

i'm also a weathervane for company stock prices.  when i buy 100 shares of anything, the price goes down and the day after i sell, they develop a new product and get rich.

4.39 is the last we saw in ohio a few days ago.

Tom, If I were you, I'd blame the whole dang thing on......>>>>>>>>>>>FRAN!

Ace
Slow Rider
Global Moderator

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2008, 12:00:07 PM »

Apparently Northern Virginia has not gotten the memo about fuel prices falling. I checked the price just before I went to Tn on the 27th of July, it was $4.79 a gallon.  I checked it again today, guess what , it is still $4.79. 

Oh well, five gallons at a time.....

Frank

The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2008, 12:47:50 PM »

I was curious, so I popped over to the Flying-J website where they post the fuel prices for their truck stop locations across the country.  If my quick scan was correct, the winner is their site in Kansas City, MO which has Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel at $4.049 /gal.    So let's see who's going to be the first to crack the $4 mark going the correct direction?

EDIT:  I think I just answered my own question. The website for Pilot Travel Centers is showing a location in Middlesboro, KY with diesel at $3.999
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 01:02:41 PM by WEC4104 » Logged

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2008, 02:28:04 PM »

Hello,
Just got another phone call from same drivers wife, said she just drove by again and now it's down to $4.24. This is highly unusual as the staion/fuel stop I am talking about is on average anywhere from .05 to .25 higher than everybody else. Mainly do to the fact that they are the only "truck" fuel stop in town. By that I mean they are the only one convienently located, and have 4 sets of pumps for "BIG RIGs". All the rest are either little convience stores or the CO-OP. (which ya gotta be a member of or pay cash/check during 8-5 hrs!)  Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
letz4wheel

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 02:40:09 PM »

And I can recommend the fuel stop for the tater wedges but not the fried chicken  Grin  Grin I have never bought the diesel there sorry to say.

'78 MCI MC-8
4 speed
8v71
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 03:52:50 PM »

And I can recommend the fuel stop for the tater wedges but not the fried chicken  Grin  Grin I have never bought the diesel there sorry to say.

Been here? Well either way I recommend the fish dinner on Friday it's AWSOME! Grin  BK  Grin

PS ya their chicken sucks!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 04:16:02 PM »

Diesel is ranging from $4.59 > $4.79 today here in Fresno.

Good old Californication!!

FWIW. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 08:10:57 PM »

We still have one station at $4.67 for diesel.  I guess they haven't noticed the station down the street has dropped the price at least 4 times since $4.67 and is at $4.29.  Sometimes the $4.67 station is the least expensive.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2008, 08:22:45 PM »

We still have one station at $4.67 for diesel.  I guess they haven't noticed the station down the street has dropped the price at least 4 times since $4.67 and is at $4.29.  Sometimes the $4.67 station is the least expensive.

Brian they are probably the only honest independent dealer around. Meaning they don't go out start raising the price as soon as someone else does. But rather change it up or down (which ever the case maybe) when ever they get a new load in, and base their price on their cost! Then when the others go down, they leave theirs at what it cost them until they reload again. I know that is how the Murphy's at Fulton does it! FWIW Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: