Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 01:09:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sikaflex, or what I've been doing for the last two weeks....  (Read 1077 times)
boogiethecat

Ignore
« on: June 14, 2006, 11:48:28 PM »

Got my Bluebird home 3 weeks ago...finally...
Spent a week getting things ready, then up went the roof and on go the sides.
Thought I'd share how easy it is to skin a bus with Sikaflex, and best of all,
no screws!!
http://www.heartmagic.com/bluebirdphotos/Sikaflex.html

1962 Crown
San Diego, Ca
NCbob

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 02:14:21 AM »

Nice work Gary...and well documented.  Thanks to the extra efforts of craftsmen like you we mere beginners can learn soooo much. Wink

I never cease to be amazed at the wealth of talent there is in our group.  I know, for me, seeing the way you fellas work take a lot of the pucker factor out of the chores I have ahead of me. Roll Eyes

Kudos! Smiley

NCbob
coachconverter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 08:12:01 AM »

Nice work and thanks for taking the extra time to photograph the progress.

I resided a MC5C a couple years back using only Sika, as adhesive and for sealing and it's never leaked a drip, shown any warping or loosened off the frame.  And that's after sitting outside during a hurricane!  This was before the windows were reinstalled, so the wind really whipped around inside it.

The only things I did different are that I used the SIka Prep stuff (use a mask, trust me) and I put two parallel beads down for adhesive, with plastic tiling spacers instead of the transistor pieces, in between the beads.

Worked great and was a lot less time than drilling and riveting, with a better looking result.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: