Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 21, 2014, 12:33:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sikaflex, or what I've been doing for the last two weeks....  (Read 1075 times)
boogiethecat

Ignore
« on: June 14, 2006, 11:48:28 PM »

Got my Bluebird home 3 weeks ago...finally...
Spent a week getting things ready, then up went the roof and on go the sides.
Thought I'd share how easy it is to skin a bus with Sikaflex, and best of all,
no screws!!
http://www.heartmagic.com/bluebirdphotos/Sikaflex.html

1962 Crown
San Diego, Ca
NCbob

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 02:14:21 AM »

Nice work Gary...and well documented.  Thanks to the extra efforts of craftsmen like you we mere beginners can learn soooo much. Wink

I never cease to be amazed at the wealth of talent there is in our group.  I know, for me, seeing the way you fellas work take a lot of the pucker factor out of the chores I have ahead of me. Roll Eyes

Kudos! Smiley

NCbob
coachconverter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 08:12:01 AM »

Nice work and thanks for taking the extra time to photograph the progress.

I resided a MC5C a couple years back using only Sika, as adhesive and for sealing and it's never leaked a drip, shown any warping or loosened off the frame.  And that's after sitting outside during a hurricane!  This was before the windows were reinstalled, so the wind really whipped around inside it.

The only things I did different are that I used the SIka Prep stuff (use a mask, trust me) and I put two parallel beads down for adhesive, with plastic tiling spacers instead of the transistor pieces, in between the beads.

Worked great and was a lot less time than drilling and riveting, with a better looking result.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: