Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 11:11:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What else do you love besides your bus.  (Read 4123 times)
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 08:32:40 AM »

Do you know Banana George?   http://http://bananageorge.com/

I know who he is and I've seen his private parking spot at Cypress Gardens in Winter Haven.  Does that count?

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Greg Roberts

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 09:05:49 AM »

My fun side includes:
Flying (considering building an RV 10 but may go with the RV 7), Music (fingerstyle guitar and banjo and thinking about taking piano lessons), backpacking, travel, writing, Harley restoration, sport shooting, volunteer work, yacht sailing (past venture), considering getting into antique tractor pulls and am about to advance my snow skiing skills.

Check out my Eagle 20 here: http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20
skipn

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 10:21:19 AM »

This is it for me w/2 more grandkids on the way one in 8 weeks another in 7 months Smiley
and anything that is fast (horses for now)
 (kept it short)
Skip
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 11:36:43 AM »

Paladin, beware it can become an obsession!

Charles, if his 'obsession' turns out BBQ half as good as yours, The world will be a better place!  Grin

Man! that was good BBQ!

Some of the other things (aside from good BBQ) that I love:
Family & friends that are glad when I show up.  Shocked
OLD machinery (pre-litigation imposed guarding),
Old trucks.
Being able to help out friends when the need arises.

Having enough 'stuff in inventory' (some mistakenly call it junk) so that I can finish a project without having to go to the store for something.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Don4107

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 12:41:16 PM »

First and foremost living in a country that gives me the freedom to do crazy stuff like own bus(s), build my own airplane, have more toys than any sane person should, and still complain about the government without somebody wanting to line me up and shoot me.

Thankful,
Don 4107

Don 4107 Eastern Washington
1975 MCI 5B
1966 GM PD 4107 for sale
1968 GMC Carpenter
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 02:41:49 PM »

That must be an aerial of the new digs Skip.  Looking good.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
My website
Our weblog
skipn

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2008, 02:53:29 PM »

Bob.

Thanks....all I have to do now is build a spot for my bus so I can work on it Smiley

For other bus parking should I put in a 50 amp or 30 amp for your passin throughs?
   I'll have to wait until next year to get water over to the parking spot Smiley

Skip
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2008, 02:57:16 PM »

Hey we're not particular - we spent a month on a non-flat site outside friends at Airdrie with a 15 amp plug that also ran most of their kitchen and entertainment centre as far as we could figure out.  It worked out well for them because the next time we came through I bought some shielded cable and a 30 amp plug and installed it for them.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
My website
Our weblog
skipn

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2008, 03:05:52 PM »

Grin

Well I'll get you something better than using my arc welder extension cord.

Skip
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 03:22:03 PM »

For other bus parking should I put in a 50 amp or 30 amp for your passin throughs?
     Skip

Skip,
   We installed 30 amp connections (eleven of them). Simce most of our visitors come during the winter, when AC is not required, 30 is adequate and was considerably cheaper to install.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2008, 04:16:45 PM »

Mods, please move to OT if you don't think this is appropriate.

I know that many of you have some very interesting jobs or hobbies and I think it would make a great thread, maybe even a "sticky", to learn more about them.

I'm sure there are lots of old cars, race cars, motorcycles, boats, planes, art, sculpture, etc. that are a part of your passion in addition to the bus.  I for one would love to see some of them.

Len

Forget the hobbies......................

Nothing, but nothing beats the scent of of a Lady(perfume that is) Of course that is a like...

Maybe I am not as OLD as the rest of you....LOL..... Grin    Kiss

But the question was "What do you love besides the bus", NOT Like....... Tongue

The only things I Love are God, Family and Country....In that Order...........

Everthing else is a like.....And I like fixing all kinds of stuff, from cars to whatever....Nothing like turning a rock into a diamond.....

Nothing makes me laugh harder than when someone says "I wish I could afford all those toys" and I show them how I have less in it than there SUV....

They get that "Glazed Donut" look........

That's part of what we all share!

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
jdr

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2008, 10:55:56 PM »

Experimental aircraft. I built and have flown a Avid Flyer {150 lycoming powered} 2000 hours. I too have lost some good friends. I do a lot of freelance aviation photography. I play as much ice hockey as my body can handle. I make as many wood chips as I can on my wood lathe and I have a 1938 GMC coe that some day I'd like to build a custom trailer for. If I had more money I'd race cars {SCCA} and If I could get my bus to run on water I'd wear it out.  Jim
Dreamscape

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2008, 01:59:07 AM »

Mods, please move to OT if you don't think this is appropriate.

I know that many of you have some very interesting jobs or hobbies and I think it would make a great thread, maybe even a "sticky", to learn more about them.

I'm sure there are lots of old cars, race cars, motorcycles, boats, planes, art, sculpture, etc. that are a part of your passion in addition to the bus.  I for one would love to see some of them.

Len

Forget the hobbies......................

Nothing, but nothing beats the scent of of a Lady(perfume that is) Of course that is a like...

Maybe I am not as OLD as the rest of you....LOL..... Grin    Kiss

But the question was "What do you love besides the bus", NOT Like....... Tongue

The only things I Love are God, Family and Country....In that Order...........

Everthing else is a like.....And I like fixing all kinds of stuff, from cars to whatever....Nothing like turning a rock into a diamond.....

Nothing makes me laugh harder than when someone says "I wish I could afford all those toys" and I show them how I have less in it than there SUV....

They get that "Glazed Donut" look........

That's part of what we all share!

Cliff

I'm with ya Cliff. God, Family and Country!

Geeezzz, don't own a plane, although I love to fly! My brother flies a for JAARS, does that count?

What I Love, Hmmmm.

My Wife, who is my best friend. She supports me in this crazy affliction that I have, keeping enough cash to keep our project going!

She is in Tustin CA visiting her two children and three grands in between jobs. I Love Her to death! Wink

I Love music, gospel and the sound of good harmony. Used to sing Barbershop when I was much younger.

Of course can't forget our two muts! Shhh, don't tell her I said that. A Pekingese and a silky terrier. The Silky, Terra, is about 14 and runs the house.

My job too.... I really do enjoy it......can't believe I just said that...... Grin

So you see, Dreamscape takes up all the time! Except when I'm with my wife. Wink Cause she's numero uno!

Paul
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: