Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 03:04:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy Cow. $3.959 per gallon  (Read 9550 times)
jok

Its a bus thing...Im glad were on board!

Ignore
« on: August 16, 2008, 03:02:54 PM »

We filled up in Plainwell, Michigan for $3.959 per gallon last night. In Kalamazoo, 30 miles south, it was $.58 per gallon more. We saved over $58.00. Prices are going in the right direction.

1990 Prevost
1977 MC8-Sold
Southwest Michigan
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 04:18:10 PM »

I filled up in Albuquerque for 405 a gallon on Friday.

The price seems to be moving down

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 04:48:28 PM »

Yuall are so haper to pay less than 4 bucks that you dont remember diesel being way less than gasoline.>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 05:43:33 PM »

This is sort of the ultimate ripoff success, paying $4/gallon and being happy about it.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 02:07:46 AM »

It's all just part of the plan...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

ready to run with the big dogs

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 07:50:30 PM »

u'all get up here to Oregon cheapest I can find is 4.64 now my dilema is do I fill up now be about 120 gal or do I wait until I leave abt 7th of Sept.

LarryH

Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
luvrbus

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 07:55:56 PM »

Larry get enough to get of Oregon Idaho will be cheaper you know it going to be $.25 per gal about anywhere compared to Oregon because of the $.25 a gal they add if you don't have the PUC permit
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

ready to run with the big dogs

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 08:13:08 AM »

Luverbus

Can I copy a number off one of the 5 million trucks with them plates LOL. In all seriouns I'm headed down into CA abt 200 miles then I know I will get raped maybe should go to Nevada LOL. you'all have a good day that price was the PUC price 4.64 said it was coming down more in next couple of days

Larry H

Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 12:20:19 PM »

our neighbor works a a bulk distribution plant.  suggested we all fill up today.  tomorrow may be $.10 to $.20 higher.  said their price went up $.15

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
cody

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »

Now I feel guilty, it just hit 3.81 here for diesel and regular dropped 21 cents to 3.67.
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 05:07:49 PM »

I just paid 4.289 a gallon today, picked up a few hundred dollars worth just to keep me going around town.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 05:38:10 PM »

$3.959 per gallon here tonight but reg gas is $3.299 a gallon Huh

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 01:25:55 PM »

$3.899 today 8/26/08 Diesel

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
kingfa39

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 09:21:01 AM »

down here to 4.00, still rediculous, those republicans dont miss a trick, wait tell after the election and see what they do, i bet we will have to take out a loan to fill the tank. I found out recently that we a re sellin fuel to Mexico and canada, the oil man they interveiwed on the news said its just business, and they have plenty of fuel available. it is of course a lot cheaper in Mexico. dont know anymore who to beleive but i cant see why we would be selling fuel to foreign countries and at the same time claim we dont have enough here in america. last i heard  was the were selling the oil from alaska pipe line to japan. pretty good, burrow money from china to buy oil from middle east then sell fuel we have to foreign countries and in the mean time our oil wells are mostly shut down. theres a wrench in this system somewhere. about time for regualtion again as we used to have during and after WW 2 for yrs.
Frank Allen
LarryN 4106

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 02:24:08 PM »

down here to 4.00, still rediculous, those republicans dont miss a trick, wait tell after the election and see what they do, i bet we will have to take out a loan to fill the tank. I found out recently that we a re sellin fuel to Mexico and canada, the oil man they interveiwed on the news said its just business, and they have plenty of fuel available. it is of course a lot cheaper in Mexico. dont know anymore who to beleive but i cant see why we would be selling fuel to foreign countries and at the same time claim we dont have enough here in america. last i heard  was the were selling the oil from alaska pipe line to japan. pretty good, burrow money from china to buy oil from middle east then sell fuel we have to foreign countries and in the mean time our oil wells are mostly shut down. theres a wrench in this system somewhere. about time for regualtion again as we used to have during and after WW 2 for yrs.
Frank Allen

I have it on good authority that our fuel prices are set by Republicans at secret meetings at Willies Diner in Keosauqa, IA, each and every Wednesday. When we get a good demokrat in office, we will be in tall cotton, with fuel back to where a "working man" can afford it.  Oh, and make the greedy corporations tow the line and the rich pay their fair share.

Seriously, I have not seen anything that said we were short of fuel, which your post seems to insinuate. Respectfully, where did you hear that there was a shortage of fuel? Supply and demand cannot be "regulated" out of existence. You seem to favor rationing??? I don't get that .......at all. In WW2 times, there was a shortage of fuel and a world war going on. How do you compare those times with now?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: