Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 05:45:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wheel Simulators  (Read 3001 times)
captain ron

« on: August 16, 2008, 07:08:10 PM »

Will 22.5 X 8.25 hub piloted simulators work on my bus? I'm not sure if my bus is stud or hub piloted.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 07:14:17 PM »

Charlie if I remember right yours is stud pilot! Do you have the inner nut and outter nut set pu on the drives? Or is it just one nut holding both wheels on? By all rights your bus would have come from the factory with stud pilot wheels. But then again by all right your bus didn't come from the factory with an 8V92 DDEC and Atec trans either! LOL!  Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
captain ron

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 08:26:22 PM »

can I make them work?
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 06:42:04 AM »

The stud holes in a hub piloted cover will be too small to fit over the stud piloted studs.  Well, I am about 90% sure this is correct LOL.  Best check the hole & stud diameters.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 07:06:30 AM »

can I make them work?

Ya with a smoke wrench, cut off saw, sawzall, bailing wire & a welder anything is possible! Grin  BK  Grin

OK now seriously yup you probably could enlarge the holes and make 'em fit.
But is it gonna be easy to enlger the holes, is it gonna look right? Is it gonna cause the lugnuts to work loose? I can't honestly answer those questions! But yes the could be made to work. Question is "how much effort is it worth & will they be safe when done?"

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
captain ron

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 08:57:14 AM »

Either I'm too cheap or my sniper program sucks cause I got outbid at the last minute. I bid 159.99 and they sold for 160 something. Now that the bus is all polished I desperately need them for the drive and tag.
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 09:21:10 AM »

Now that the bus is all polished I desperately need them for the drive and tag.
>

>
 Cool

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Bob Gil
Bob Gilbreath bobgil@sbcglobal.net

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 10:36:59 AM »

Either I'm too cheap or my sniper program sucks cause I got outbid at the last minute. I bid 159.99 and they sold for 160 something.

I know the feeling it kinda sucks don't it.

I got out bid in the last sec by Kylie4104 just the other day myself.

Fort Worth, Texas where GOD is so close you don't even need a phone!

1968 GM Bus of unknown model 6V53 engine (aftermarket) converted with house hold items.

Had small engine fire and had no 12 volt system at time of purchase. 
Coach is all 110 w 14KW diesel genrator
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 10:48:59 AM »

Kylie4104

Is that kyle4501's alter ego?   Shocked Shocked Shocked

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 10:52:29 AM »

Kylie4104

Is that kyle4501's alter ego?   Shocked Shocked Shocked

Nope.

But I've been out bid by them too. . . .

(edit to add:)
BTW, If you get outbid by me, you must be looking for them to give it to you.  Grin  Shocked
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 10:57:40 AM by kyle4501 » Logged

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 10:54:27 AM »

Either I'm too cheap or my sniper program sucks cause I got outbid at the last minute. I bid 159.99 and they sold for 160 something. Now that the bus is all polished I desperately need them for the drive and tag.

Maybe they used a sniping service also?  Hmmm, wonder what happens if both buyers use the same sniping service??  The service I use has a default setting to bid with 5 seconds to go. I can change this setting to a shorter time.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 11:05:23 AM »

If the bidding is higher than your snipe bid at the time your bid is to be entered, it can't enter yours.
It sold for more than your snipe, so looks like you are cheap.  Shocked    No wonder we get along . . .   Grin

All snipe bidding does is minimize the effect of bidders who bid to be highest rather than bidding what it's worth to them.

I bid what it's worth to me & expect to be out bid. Nice surprise when I am high bidder.  Cool

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
captain ron

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 11:38:33 AM »

Ed, no pictures till I'm done with the painting , Sorry  Roll Eyes

Kyle likes to buy stuff Canadian penny to the dollar  Grin
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 11:56:05 AM »

Kyle likes to buy stuff Canadian penny to the dollar  Grin

Darn right I do!  Cool

Don't always work out that way tho . . .

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 11:08:10 PM »

Shoot Kyle's so cheap he asks for a tax deductable receipt on thing that are given to him! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

By the way the most useful thing I find about a snipe program is it knocks out the "shill bididng" to run your bids up by the seller or friends! FWIW!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 12:45:02 PM »

Help!

I thought the snip programs were dead.  My eBay has a "max" bid entry and it only increments if the bid goes up and then only enuf to be the highest bidder.  My snipe program used to work that way also so what is....?

I tried to get my snipe program up closer to the end of bidding time and I didn't give it enuf time to actually place my bid.  I needed the full 5 seconds and I got outbid lotsa times.

What do I search under to look at "snipe" software?

Thanks

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Kenny

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 01:19:25 PM »

The solution I took regarding wheel covers was to purchase 6 identicle universal fit steer wheel simulators from a company called RVwheel. These simulators dont attach to the studs or any where near the studs. Instead they are fastened to an expanding ring that is installed to inside lip of the wheel. Using this attachment method allowed the use of 6 identicle covers. Same cover on the drive, tag and steer wheels. Having the same covers on the drive and tag wheels look great. Other benifit of using steer wheel covers all around is cost. Steer wheel covers are must less expensive. Total cost for all covers was around $500. Below is there website and call for best pricing. Kenny

http://www.rvwheel.com/22unfit10lug.html

1941 and 1945 Flxible - South Lyon, Michigan
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 05:13:33 PM »

Kenny, I can't tell from the photo, did you extend the valve stems?  Or are the covers easy to take off and put back on when checking tire pressures routinely?
Kenny

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 06:53:33 PM »

No valve stem extensions. Just remove the covers. They're held on with 5 or 6 fasteners that take a special allen wrench type tool with a hole in the center. Makes it harder to steal. A wrench comes with each set of covers. I can take a picture of the expanding ring that is assembled to the lip on the wheel that the cover fastens to if you wish. - Kenny

Kenny

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 06:59:50 PM »

Oh another thing, take note of the previous picture I posted. The tag wheel (rearmost) is out even with the drive wheel. Not inset like most tag wheels. Had special rims made. - Kenny

junkman42

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2008, 03:28:13 AM »

John Ed, try auction stealer.com.  I use the premium service and use the 3 second time and only lose a item when the amount I put in is not sufficent.  Not perfect but usually works.  John
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 12:26:07 AM »

Junkman,

Thank you.  I will try it tomorrow.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: