Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 04:52:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Blow (Fay) Coming  (Read 3616 times)
junkman42

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 10:27:06 AM »

I have a microphone in My backup camera!  Never told the significant other as I thought some of the comments I hear when backing are most informative.  So JR I can tell You that the VOX talkies did no good because one unit always seemed to stay activated.  Decided it was easier to repair the bus than get out of the seat to go outside and ask what does flapping arms mean!  LOL I have no choice!  Living in the panhandle of FL I feel sure that We will feel the effects of fran.  If anyone needs a place to park I have a large rural property here in North Okaloosa county.  Take care all, John
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 10:31:43 AM »

sorry pete.  i'm sure i forgot a few more also, but you and even Ace are welcome.  Always like a bus rally, for whatever reason anyone wants to create  Grin

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 03:55:30 PM »

On the move........  With a spotter in the rear, only had a minor problem backing out.  Seems the ground is a little softer than when I pulled in.  One tire did a little spin.  Pulled up, straighten the front tires and gave it a little more juice.  Took that and two jocking to get it into the alley.  Once there, no problems backing the 50 yards to the hard road.  Smiley

Currently, parked in Sun City Center (Florida) waiting on the return of girlfriend, Hyeyong.  She and friends caught the last boat out of Key West today at 4pm.  (so much for my little trip to Key West this week).   Roll Eyes

Thanks for the offers to park.  Grin   However, with the cost of fuel, Cry   believe I will stay in Central Florida.  Will wait till tomorrow, see what FAY does.  May stay here, may move inland more.    Huh

By the way, the large oak has a couple "large" dead limbs.  Didn't want the bus sitting under it, even with a small blow.

Bill   Grin
Sun City Center, Florida

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 04:02:43 PM »

Latest news from Ft. Myers station is that now thay are forcasting the path a little further west in the Gulf. They are predicting 45-50 with 65 gust for us inland folk.  After Charley, this is no problem (unless it turns into a "Charley".  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
roadrunnertex

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 05:01:31 PM »

If I was close to the Cedar Key,Fl area I might be getting ready for a little hard breeze coming my way!
Any way you folks on the west coast of Florida good luck and be careful.
jlv
Blacksheep

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 05:24:33 PM »

Kwajdiver, if you get around to wanting it more inland, your welcomre to bring it here at our place in north Lakeland! Just let me know!
Ace
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 06:49:01 PM »

Thanks Ace, but remember, I'm from Auburndale,,, have a house and family there...  Will wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2008, 07:33:10 PM »

Currently, parked in Sun City Center (Florida) waiting on the return of girlfriend, Hyeyong.  She and friends caught the last boat out of Key West today at 4pm.  (so much for my little trip to Key West this week).   Roll Eyes

Key West...no problemo.  Go down on Wednesday!  Wink  This little storm doesn't seem to be cranking up too bad....so far...hope to H I don't offend the hurricane gods!  Shocked   
I used to sail out of Key West (J Boat charters) and have slogged around in worse wind.  At least this thing's moving.   
Way too much thin water around the keys to play with boats in windy weather...no sea room.
Tom, appreciate the offer for shelter...but, for what fuel would cost to get there...I'd just have to sacrifice the bus!  To the insurance gods.  That's not a real sacrifice.  Roll Eyes
Now any of youse guys headed for Tom's place, feel free to stop by!  Got lots of room.  I may have a bus rally here someday.  Or maybe sell the place and retire into my retirement village (MC9).  Terri don't see the humor in that!   Grin   Reside in Jack's and Paula's Geezer Bus Retirement Village South in Arcadia during the winter, and maybe Tom's Bus Village in the summer.  Plan B...reside at Mr. Sheep's place and get my interior done in a professional manner!   Roll Eyes
BTW, does Michigan have skeeters?   Like Minnesquito? 
Now if you could get all them Florida bus boys up there...they could ALL stop by Kyles NON-Rally on the way back...that's a plan!   The weather should be clear by the end of September... Cheesy
Regarding the Oak tree...no way...don't park near any trees.  That's bad karma.  Trees are nature's hammers.
I hope Florida isn't slammed by the storm.  I'd like to have some rain up here...
Looks like the visitors in the Keys are finally responding to the evacuation orders.  They were a little slow getting started.   If touristing, I'd leave the keys in a skinny minute...mainland, that's a little different. 
If diesel fuel continues to drop, we may make Arcadia this year!  Grin
Definitely make Kyle's Non-Rally! 
Cheers, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 07:45:46 PM »

jr, you're welcome here.

i just re-read your signature and after a bad day of computer troubleshooting, and 1/4 bottle of scotch, you're correct.  24 hours a day, 24 oz per bottle - coincidence = i think not.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 07:48:09 PM by manasst » Logged

Tom

Blacksheep

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2008, 07:55:19 PM »

Hey JR, plan "B" sounds pretty good to me and your welcome anytime!

Not sure about getting a professional job but at least it would get done! LOL

Susan and I got the bus cleaned up and I serviced the generator today. I also Fixed my awning, finished up the rear LED lights finally, went thru all the clothes IN the bus and took OUT what I didn't need or use... JUST IN CASE I NEED TO GET OUT DODGE IN A HURRY but we are getting ready for a small trip to Disney in about 2 weeks so it all had to be done anyway!

I keep watching the fuel prices and they keep coming down almost daily so I'm holding out until we get ready to leave unless of course I NEED to head out sooner!

Like I said, if yer needing that inside finished I'm always willing to help!

Ace
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2008, 07:56:57 PM »

jr, you're welcome here.

i just re-read your signature and after a bad day of computer troubleshooting, and 1/4 bottle of sotch, you're correct.  24 hours a day, 24 oz per bottle - coincidence = i think not.

Thanks Tom!
BTW, malt beverages are cheaper.   Wink
If I had to dx and repair computers, hard drugs wouldn't be enough! 
Thanks for the offer of setting up permanently in your yard!   Wink
BTW, you see where I'm located...got a nice place to park (or store a coach) about 20 buses if you ever have need...C'mon down!
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2008, 08:06:47 PM »

thanks jr, i'd love to be there.  i'm 'bout ready to pull a trigger or a few hairs on something.
high fuel, low houseing, constant microsoft changes that dont make sense.  geeesh.

bus needs work, house needs work wife needs money to pay the increaseingly higher electric and fuel.  all i need is a huricane up here. 

glad i got friends.  i know how chaz feels about one thing after another.

Tom

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2008, 08:11:41 PM »

Hey JR, plan "B" sounds pretty good to me and your welcome anytime!

Not sure about getting a professional job but at least it would get done! LOL

Susan and I got the bus cleaned up and I serviced the generator today. I also Fixed my awning, finished up the rear LED lights finally, went thru all the clothes IN the bus and took OUT what I didn't need or use... JUST IN CASE I NEED TO GET OUT DODGE IN A HURRY but we are getting ready for a small trip to Disney in about 2 weeks so it all had to be done anyway!

I keep watching the fuel prices and they keep coming down almost daily so I'm holding out until we get ready to leave unless of course I NEED to head out sooner!

Like I said, if yer needing that inside finished I'm always willing to help!

Ace

I've never had anything that was "done"...!   That would be pretty cool!  
Next time our paths cross, we'll see what you think about the project.   Obviously, I'm not going to finish the headliner!  Roll Eyes
I believe one of my largest holdbacks is repaired.  The RH windshield leak...bad.  Found the location of the leak, repaired it, and tested the leak today with a garden hose....seems tight.  
Now we can move on with the rest of the interior.   The only glaring issues are the old MC9 dash, and the headliner.  The headliner is a real PITA for me.  The dash is something that I can deal with without mind altering chemicals.  
We've been using the bus without the headliner for 6 years...still, that will have to be attended to one of these days.
As you and Susan are making plans, we're heading out middle of next month, so I spent a good bit of today getting ready.  That's pushing things a little.  All excited now with the leak fixed!  
Going to a big bluegrass festival in September (Fall Denton, NC)...we'll return, wash the bus, and head over to Kyle's Non-Rally.  
Hi to Susan!  How's the fiddle coming along? And mando?   Smiley
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
Blacksheep

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2008, 09:03:02 PM »

JR would love to come up your way but fuel needs to come down a bit lower for that to happen OR I win the lotto!

As for the Fiddle and Mando? UH let's say were still going at it slow but sure! Now that my dad is gone, I guess I'll have a little more time to myself to devote towards learning more whether that happens or not is another thing!

Susan is a natural when it comes to fiddleing around! She can hear a song and just play it! Me? I have to have her write it down for me in Tab so I can slowly learn it! THEN I have to learn the chords which is where I have a problem! Fingers too fat for the dang "G" chord so I try and play a lot of stuff in A, D, and some in B!

Ace
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2008, 09:11:38 PM »

not that scotch has anything to do with this ,but fat fingers is the least of yor issues blacksheep. Grin

hi susan, when you goin to get your own alias?Huh? Wink

Tom

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: