Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 12:48:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Blow (Fay) Coming  (Read 3588 times)
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2008, 06:11:15 AM »

Ace,

Do you have a shop at your place.  I really need to redo the headliner in my bedroom.  Know it is a two person job.

Meanwhile, FAY can't seem to make up her mind what she wants to do.  Believe we are going to Busch Gardens today.  With school starting here today, it shouldn't be very crowded.  Of course, unless, everyone left Key West and came to Tampa.

Bill
On the way to free beer..... Grin

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Blacksheep

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2008, 09:34:38 AM »

Bill no bus shop YET but I'm working on Susan to allow me to have one! Smiley

As for headliner? I did mine alone mostly! Mine is not what I would call professional but it's clean and worked out very well. My method was rather easy although a lot of tedious work with the plywood and vinyl! One thing about it is I can take individual sections down IF needed and put them back in place! I DO have some cables and 12v light wiring above them not to mention the conduit and wires for the a/c's!

Good luck with the storm but it looks like if it gets stronger I myself may be looking for a place to run to! Smiley

Ace
Blacksheep

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2008, 03:58:07 PM »

Let me say DON'T COME HERE! If what we just had was a rain sqaull from a feeder band, the heck with FAY! I want nothing to do with her! I didn't know palm trees could bend so far without up rooting! Rain was going sideways and we haven't even got the worst yet! The worst part is, it came out of nowhere and quick! Bud and me were out back fooling around in the yard and came in for a drink and by the time I got the fridge open, down it came! What a surprise!!!!

They say tomorrow is the worst for us in this area. This should be REAL fun!

Ace
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2008, 05:38:50 PM »

Ace,

Come to Sun City Center if you wish.  Really hard to tell what FAY is going to do.

Jack, 

How you hanging down there?  You going to ride it out?  Our door is always open.

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2008, 07:03:10 PM »

ace, that's probably a good thing as you probably got a needed shower.  hope Susan threw you a bar of soap.

hey, you're welcome to come here for a while, safe and just 20 mi from lake erie.  no sharks!  no jellyfish!

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2008, 07:35:48 PM »

Lake Erie is known for fresh water sharks!!!!

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008, 07:43:15 PM »

Hey, I rode out all 4 of the storms including Charlie inside my RTS.
Got a little windy and a metal storage building from next door exploded and flew
right over my roof... I was looking out the drivers window at the time...Whew!!

We found most of it 50 feet up in the pine trees...

Charlie blew my Scenicruiser across the parking lot. forgot to block the wheels.
They roll real easy with a 100 mph tailwind and no brakes. Kyle #598 rode the storm tail first to the wind.

The worrisome stuff isn't the bus but flying debris.. Tree limbs, Pine cones and anything that isn't chained down. Aim the back end into the wind as there is less glass back there.

That was part of the reason to move to Tennessee.... No Hurricanes and Less BUGS!! Tornadoes and flooding however so far have missed me.

Dave.....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2008, 07:59:44 PM »

.  .  . Kyle #598 rode the storm tail first to the wind.
Hoyt would be so proud  Grin

I do hope all my buddies (including sparing partners) survive the visit from Fay with no damage.  Cool

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2008, 08:32:58 PM »

Ace, Jack, Bill, Cliff & anyone else escaping the storm are welcome here! We got 15 acres to park ya in & might even find some real down home TN BBQ (and other vittles too!) while ya here! And yu'uns can enjoy the screened in front porch Cody screened for mom while he was here! (NO BUGS! Dr. Dave! LOL!)

Fuel is cheap to if ya come in off I-24 from Nashville! Dad found it for $3.95 a gallon an hr after paying $4.04 on the way home today! GO FIGURE! Just our luck! The other week a driver fueled at $4.39 and later that night his wife called and said it was $4.29, the next morning it was $4.19 and has slowly dropped to $4.09 and stayed there for the past week!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 08:35:19 PM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: