Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 22, 2014, 11:09:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Start DDEC 2/ATEC  (Read 5651 times)
ArtGill

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 04:41:32 PM »

NJT 5573
If when you get a chance and could look at the wiring for the coach and give me an idea where to look.  Wire #439 goes to the DDEC as Ing.  There are numerous #439's on terminal block 1 pins 9, 10, 11, 12 that are bussed together in the electrical panel on the drivers side front outside.  This buss bar is getting no voltage.  If I jump 12vdc to this buss bar the lights come on in the shifter and I hear the shifter chime.  The coach will then crank.  I didn't let it start because I had and exhaust pipe off.  I can not find any inline fuses and I checked all the circuit breakers. 

OK, now from the master switch, wires 15 and 16 are hot and wires 41 and 82 go to the loads.  If you could give me some direction when to look between the switch and the busbar it would be a great help.

BK 
I don't think I'll need a DDEC now.  But you still may be able to change the prom from one unit to another to change the engine it will work on.

RTS

Has it quit raining yet?

Thanks,
            Art

Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC
1989 Eagle Model 20 NJT, 6v92ta
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2008, 08:19:13 AM »

Art,
I would check and see if your getting any V coming out of the Ing. switch. (they have been known to go bad!) If ya got power there then I'd start tracing that wire until ya find a break or in-line fuse. I know this might be a bit difficult, but that is the simplest way to find where your pwr interuption is!
FWIW Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 11:01:33 PM »

Art, I don't see anything wrong with permantly jumping power to the buss bar if it makes everything work and turns off with the master switch. This buss bar not powering up should be visably traceable inside the access door. There are 2 panels one on top of, or overlaying the other. Open it up and work backwards from the non working buss bar following the circuit with a ground wire until you get spark (12 volts) or use an ohm meter. You should find the culprit fairly soon.

I have a diagram on the back side of my access door that is pretty good but the circuits are easy to trace. There are 2 special fuse links on the back panel that connect to a circuit that is timed and is supposed to be a bulb check (lights the entire dash) each time the bus is started. Mine has never worked and I jumped the circuit to find out what it was. The other one could jump to the DDEC buss, I don't know.

My DDEC has repeadly given me challenges like yours. I have worked around them as described above and soon had everything magically start working fine again. When I first got my 20 it had sat for some time. Seems the more I use it the less glitches and hickups it has. It has been almost perfect for about a year now. 99.9% of the problems went away when I deprogrammed the auto shutdown, I suspect it works overtime reading codes 30,000 times a minute and was finding alot of wiring that skips a beat occasionally there by shutting me down as it pleased. I believe deprogramming that one parameter allows the electronics to overlook the little stuff while still completely protecting your engine, it just needs a hard code instead of a glitch or hickup to shut down.

I can retrieve info from my coach or the manual about your DDEC main power circuit. The fact you can jumper it means it just isn't getting its 12 volts for some reason. I have sprayed the 2 panels by the driver with WD and I think this is the area you will find your problem. I also have to occasionally remove and reinsert the black curicuit breakers to keep the contacts in working order.

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 06:49:25 PM »

Art,

How is your problem coming?   Were you able to trace out the wire from the Ing, to the bus bar?  If you can't get to the wire, disconnect it at both ends and ohm it out.

I had to something like that, and found two wires bad.

Good Luck,

Bill
St. Petersburg, Florida

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
ArtGill

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 04:15:59 AM »

I have decided to install a semipermanent jumper in my electrical panel on the front drivers side.  I have power coming out of the Ing. switch but not arriving at the bus bar that feeds the DDEC and other things unknown.  But the bus starts and the transmission shifts, so all appears to be good.

One day my wiring diagram will reappear and I can find where the problem is.  I still believe that it is an hidden fuse somewhere and I'll keep looking for the fuse.

Thanks everyone for you assistance.

Art

Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC
1989 Eagle Model 20 NJT, 6v92ta
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 07:23:23 AM »

I have decided to install a semipermanent jumper in my electrical panel on the front drivers side.  I have power coming out of the Ing. switch but not arriving at the bus bar that feeds the DDEC and other things unknown. 
Art

Don't forget to install a fuse in this new wire.  At least you will know where this fuse is located LOL  Nothing like an electrical fire to really ruin your day.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: