Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 31, 2014, 01:13:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What size/kind of battery bank can go in original slides  (Read 553 times)
Tenor

Ignore
« on: August 20, 2008, 02:12:10 PM »

I am using the original 8D start batteries for my house batteries TEMPORARILY in my MCI 7.  I know they are not good for deep cycle use.  Long term, I'd like to continue to use the 8D slides for the future house bank.  Has anyone done this, and what different batteries can you fit the most of in that space and get the best amp hours?  It seems that for the weight, deep cycle 8D's don't put out that many amp hours.  Would more smaller ones be a better option?  I am also installing a 24V inverter, so I'd like to use the original wiring out of that compartment that went to ground and to the master disconnect.  Thanks!

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 07:43:47 PM »

On my 8 I opened up the back of the battery compartment and installed a roll out tray.

I has ten batteries of different varieties start house gen set start and 12 volt house batteries.

Some are regular lead acid and some are agm batteries.

I have solenoids that disconnect batteries when I want and connect them when I need to.

I used long four aught cables for most of the connections and it would be hard to explain all the connections here.

The cables are long enough to roll the tray out and check the batteries when I need to.

Just the way I did it.

Hope this helps YMMV

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: