Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 12:59:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK looks like I'm gonna be MN bound end of August - first of September.  (Read 3336 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« on: August 23, 2008, 08:37:31 AM »

Alright Paul, Brian, Brian, Craig, Fred, and the rest of you MN busnuts and any on my rte in between! I am leaving St. Louis on
 8/29 going to Iowa City, and then onto Cedar Rapids for the night,
 Then on the 30th going to Madison, WI.
 On the 31st going from Madison to Eden Prarie, MN.
 On the 1st from Eden Prarie to ST. Paul, and back.
 On the 2nd to the Minneapolis Airport and drop off!

After dropping off at the airport I am free to do as I wish. So I have a couple days in the area. I want to get by C & J's to meet JD. And I need to get by Pauls to pick up all those "left over Setra parts in his way".
I also would love to meet as many of you as possible, and also see those I have met again. As of now I have no definete plan on when I'll be heading home. But I was thinking that maybe I could kill time until the week end and maybe Saturday we could have a getogether at or near Pauls (that way Paul and I could have plenty of help loading stuff! LOL!). So let's hear your ideas, at this point I am open to just about anything as long as I get to make it by Pauls & JD's.

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 08:43:07 AM »

Are you driving a bus?  I am guessing so based on your itinerary. 

I am leaving Wednesday evening and won't be back until the evening of the 2nd.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 08:53:02 AM »

Are you driving a bus?  I am guessing so based on your itinerary. 

I am leaving Wednesday evening and won't be back until the evening of the 2nd.

Yes I'll be in my 45' Setra (gotta have plenty of room for those parts ya know! LOL!)

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Blacksheep

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 09:58:20 AM »

BK stop on by when you get nearby! LOL
I figure with all that free time and a little sweety in Florida, you just might decide them parts aren't worth as much and head this way,
Ace
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 10:40:53 AM »

BK stop on by when you get nearby! LOL
I figure with all that free time and a little sweety in Florida, you just might decide them parts aren't worth as much and head this way,
Ace

Ace I'm sorry but, this is a "paying" trip to MN. It is a regular charter that juust so happens to be headed where I need to go anyway. And the fact that I get to drop off at the airport and deadhead home at my own pace helps too! I was gonna have to bite the bullet and fork up some cash for gas $ to make this trip. But now they are paying for the fuel and I get to pick up my parts and bring them home!

Now on the other hand yes I get asked/reminded almost daily by Holly & Haley, that it's been too long since I was donw there! But have no fear I got several quotes out on FL trips too! Of course several of rhem are to the panhandle area (Holly said she doesn't mind "I got plenty of vactation time built up & could use one anyway!") But yes I am hoping to make it down to FL in the near future! Of course on the other hand Holly said if I don't make it soon she and Haley are coming up to TN on vacation and gonna look for work while here! So's might not be a bad idea to hold up a spell and see where that leads too! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 06:33:31 PM »

Bryce,
I'd be willing to come down and help you and Paul load your bus!  Do you think Paul's neighbors are gonna mind a whole BUNCH of busses at his house?  He could just claim he is expanding his collection!  :-)

I am generally free by 4 pm on weekdays.  So, if you don't want to hang out all week my wife and I could just come down Paul's way any of those evenings.  We will be back in town from our weekend outing on the 2nd.  I would want to come down that way so I can check out the great progress Paul has made on his bus.  I gotta see those awesome slideouts!

-Brian
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 06:48:15 PM »

Bryce,
I'd be willing to come down and help you and Paul load your bus!  Do you think Paul's neighbors are gonna mind a whole BUNCH of busses at his house?  He could just claim he is expanding his collection!  :-)

I am generally free by 4 pm on weekdays.  So, if you don't want to hang out all week my wife and I could just come down Paul's way any of those evenings.  We will be back in town from our weekend outing on the 2nd.  I would want to come down that way so I can check out the great progress Paul has made on his bus.  I gotta see those awesome slideouts!

-Brian

Brian that is a great thought and possability of doing it on a week night. I have already mentioned to Paul when I was coming (or planning too) and also mentioned a "gathering" of busnuts to help load. He said it sounded great. But I don't know about the neighbors. Of course I don't ever worry about mine! If he don't like what goes on here he can move! LOL! (and he's the landlord, but he knows he ain't gonna get nobody else to lease the house, shop and land from him all at once either!)

SO MN busnuts please chime in, if you are up to meeting at Pauls thru the week.

OH yeah I suppose we ought to ask Paul if it's ok! LOL! I know I am excited to see his progress on the SETRA "expansion mansion!" LOL!

I am open to suggestions and ideas, and would like to see the works of all of ya's ! Finished, unfinished, updates and so forth. I have more or less left my schedule open, where I can spend the week there! I may even rent a car and run over to the Fargo area and see old friends for a night or so.

OK Ya'll Brian Dielh has spoke up, what about the rest of ya?

www.kylakesidetravel.net

John Z
1959 GM PD-4104 4139 Northern Minnesota

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 10:19:06 PM »

I don't know where Paul's is, but i would like to run down there for this mini gathering of nuts! I drive to, so i need to give a few days notice to the dispatcher that i will be out of service. Hope to see you all soon.

Custom patches, caps, t-shirts, lapel pins etc since 1994.
Silver Brook Custom Embroidery and Patches
www.silverbrook-mn.com

"Now I Know Why Turtles Look So Smug"
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 11:03:13 PM »

I don't know where Paul's is, but i would like to run down there for this mini gathering of nuts! I drive to, so i need to give a few days notice to the dispatcher that i will be out of service. Hope to see you all soon.

John I'm not positive on this, but I believe Paul's place in Belle Plaine, MN. But don't quote me on that!

I vaguely remember him saying that like almost 2 yrs ago or something like that! I do know when I told him I'd be staying in Eden Prarie he said that was like 30-40 mins from him!

As for when not really positive on that yet, still waiting for the jury to decide on that! Anytime between Tues the 2nd and Sat the 6th is OK by me!
I think it's a must that we get as many as we can together for Pauls neighbors to really understand this "BUS" thing! LOL! Jest kidd'n Paul, not looking to get you in any skirmsihes with the city/neighbors/ etc.

SO Paul, Brian D, Gumpy, Fred, B. Elfert anyone else interested lets start kicking some ideas here! It's not that far away! And I've only been telling Paul I was coming up to collect his left overs for over a yr now! LOL!;D  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 07:44:35 AM »

Wednesday the 3rd would be the earliest for me.  I would prefer the weekend, but can do a weekday night starting Wednesday.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
John Z

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 08:56:53 AM »

Any place down there for parking overnight? Having a campfire, cocktail hour, and sitting around telling lies to each other?

www.silverbrook-mn.com

paulcjhastings

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 11:22:24 AM »

I figured I better weigh in on this before this becomes a giant rally Wink It's true I live in Belle Plaine, MN zip is 56011. There are a couple of large empty parking lots around but we would probably need some sort of permission. If noone was planning on staying the night we could probably just line them up along the street for a few hours and have a cookout.  Smiley

Paul Hastings
1993 Setra 215 w/ Detroit Series 60 & Allison HT748
Belle Plaine, MN
612-987-6021cel
John Z

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 11:28:35 AM »

Hey Paul; its your backyard, so its your decision. My thought is if i won't be staying the night, i would not drive the bus down. Hmmm, just thinking a bit here,,, is there a near by walmart? city park? ................. damn, just looked at my schedule and i see i have a charter on that Sat. Well, you guys decide what you want to do,,, i will just monitor and see what works out for me.

www.silverbrook-mn.com

Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 07:10:13 AM »

Bryce,
If you are still planning on going to Fargo you Craig and I are both on your way!  We are both off I-94 and it would make a lovely drive for you to stop in at our places as you are on your way.  This way you would have plenty of things to think about bus related on your long drive up I-94!  I know that stretch of interstate can get long and boring and this would ensure you don't get bored!
-Brian
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 01:19:01 PM »

Bryce,
If you are still planning on going to Fargo you Craig and I are both on your way! 
Brian

Probably not. I have finally gotten a hold of the main one I would've been going to see, and she has gotten married and moved to Grand Forks. The only other one I would have normally gone to see passed away a while back. So unfortunately it wouldn't really be trip I was thinking it would. Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: