Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 22, 2014, 04:37:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 121 cans of Krylon  (Read 2479 times)
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 06:14:49 PM »

Lloyd, I moved it back there when I installed the L10. It is a hydraulic driven fan, the pump it direct drive off the engine. It has 2 outputs 1 for power steering and 1 for the fan.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
Tom Y

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2008, 06:25:20 PM »

Paul, I should have told you I am using polyuretane paint. I did a my last motor home with uretane and then base coat, clear coat stripes on it. It worked well as I did one stripe, waited a little did the other then cleared them both. I am using just uretane this time not looking the best but at 55 MPH? Good Luck Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2008, 06:55:39 PM »

Tom, it looks GREAT to me.  We, too, painted TempBus and it was a real hoot. Grin

I won't go into a long drawn story about the whole "astronaut gear" and the snarl of angry air hoses,   Wink but I will admit that we, too, had a bit of a problem with the final result. 

Things we're going so well, (once I got a rhythm down and was able to escape the cluthes of the vicious air hoses) and we were on our fourth side of the initial coat before I discovered, much to my dismay   Shocked that the beeooootiful first side had somehow developed long wavy sags ALL OVER THE PLACE!  Cry Cry Cry  . 

I immediately dashed around the front of the bus, only to be reined in by my obviously too short air supply hose, and was forced to retreat and advance from the other side.  Of course, Larry, hoping he wasn't hearing me correctly through my astronaut gear, made me repeat myself several times, as I shouted in my best Darth Vader impression, "LAY OFF THE VOLUME. HISS. .YOU'RE. . .  HISS. . . SAGGING. . .   HISS . . . .ALL OVER THE PLACE! Cry Shocked Cry     .  (I know, I can be QUITE articulate when in a high pressure situation, and I consider it my best trait.   Wink)

Well Crap!  Angry  Out came the sanders and we sanded it down, AGAIN   Angry Angry     as best we could and gave her several more coats to level out the remaining evidence of multiple sagging incidents. Gone were the starry-eyed dreams of prize-winning paint job and the sad reality was that we were going to be forced to settle with a 20/20 paint job.  Looks good from 20' away or while we're moving 20 mph. Cheesy  I bet yours is at least a 10/10, ha ha. Grin
Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Tom Y

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 07:16:41 PM »

Christy, Glad to hear it is not just me. I am still glad to do it myself. I will post another pic when I get the new green on, the boss is not happy with the teal color in the bright sun.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: