Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 08:02:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: looking for a bus as usual  (Read 2547 times)
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« on: June 16, 2006, 06:41:59 AM »

this time I have more money, Can anyone tell me good places to find busses around the Las Vegas area good places to find busses for conversion?? I whant one before next spring or at least by
Dallas

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 06:51:57 AM »

What kind are you looking for?

If I were looking for an all around heavy hauler, I'd talk to Patrick Young, and grab one of his Crown Super Coaches.

If you want a great shell or a complete coach or anything in between, Talk to Mike. Just Click on the MAK Bus Sales Ad up above.

Dallas
darrenayres

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 07:06:41 AM »

I agree with Dallas. Mike is the man to talk to. I'm in Florida and I'm frequently tempted to buy one of his buses and I don't even need one! Mike, I'm sure glad you're a continent away! Wink

Darren
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 07:30:57 AM »

In my opinion the MCI 102C3 is the best all around bus available.  It is 102 wide (that 6" makes a big difference-so a slide isn't really necessary) and the ceiling is 6'10" (high enough where you don't need a roof raise and could drop a false ceiling to run roof ducted A/C.  Personally, I just like the old fashion hang down defuser-then the rest of the ceiling is as high as possible).  These buses are not to old, can still get parts for them, come standard with a Detroit 6V-92TA with some having the 8V-92TA, and even some that have been converted to Cat C12, Cummins ISL, or even Series 50 or 60.   Mike has some good 102C3's in the $25-35,000 mark.  A little higher than some want to pay, but you'll thank yourself many times once you own it.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 08:47:05 PM »

its' funny that I've been coming to this site for quite a while but I'm still considered a newbie
bigtim44

Red buses go faster!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 10:57:09 PM »

Bought my 102A3 from MAK,great price ,great bus. Grin

Basalt Colorado
1986 TMC 102A3,6V92,Auto 740,conversion in progress.
http://redbusconversion.blogspot.com/
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 07:21:16 AM »

Doesn't matter how many times you visit the site. You must make a total of 50 posts before you lose the newbie status.
Richard

8 to go.

its' funny that I've been coming to this site for quite a while but I'm still considered a newbie

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 11:09:43 AM »

I was close to becoming a Full Member when I changed my status and had to start all over again.  I'm not complaining. Cheesy

But then, perhaps status is more important to some people than others...... Wink

We even have some members, who are normally docile, congeniel people who are concerned about how soon they're going to be elevated to "Hero" status.

And I really thought we all put our pants on ...one leg at a time.  So far I've not met any "Prima Donna's" on this board. Wink

"Can't we just all get along?"

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 11:13:45 AM »

Who says we are not getting along? Besides I have always hated seeing somebody getting ahead of me. LOL
Richard

499 and counting.

I was close to becoming a Full Member when I changed my status and had to start all over again.  I'm not complaining. Cheesy

But then, perhaps status is more important to some people than others...... Wink

We even have some members, who are normally docile, congeniel people who are concerned about how soon they're going to be elevated to "Hero" status.

And I really thought we all put our pants on ...one leg at a time.  So far I've not met any "Prima Donna's" on this board. Wink

"Can't we just all get along?"

Bob

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 12:23:21 PM »

Oh, no.....I'll leave that one alone! Grin

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
jachael

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 09:41:09 PM »

If your still looking for a bus in the Las Vegas area you should see Gary Bennett at B&B Coachworks in Las Vegas, he does bus conversions in his shop and has an inventory of busses for sale. B&B Coachworks is listed under "LINKS" on the Bus Conversions wed site.

Hope this helps, Jerry

Jerry
Pahrump, NV
67 Eagle 01
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: