Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 01:05:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buses and NC Vehicle Safety Inspection  (Read 5882 times)
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2006, 07:47:40 PM »

Ross, after reading your posts, I reckon NC has one obvious advantage...tags for my "Motor Home" are only $28 bucks a year.   Property taxes (the only annual taxes on MVs in NC) are about $40.
Now that's nice! 
Reckon I'll deal with the NCI for the low cost of licensing the bus.   Course, I still buy most of my fuel in South Carolina...the low tax state!
JR

It does cost more to register, but we don't have sales tax.  My bus costs $450 per year between the town and state. Those fees are basically property tax, which is high here.  Personally, I'd rather have a sales tax.  You pay when you buy.  If you don't want to pay, don't buy.  it's the only tax that they can't force you to pay.

Ross

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2006, 07:51:20 PM »

The only restriction to registering antique in NH is that the vehicle has to be in show condition.  No restriction on miles or where and when you can drive it.  When we register, we pay the town and the state.  The state fees for the bus are based on registered weight.  When you register antique, that fee goes to a flat $25.  The town fees stay the same.  It would save me about $100 in state fees, but I'd have to drive an hour to get it done.  For regular plates I just go to the town office.

Ross I'd think my time was worth the $50 an hr (both ways) just to keep the Gubberment from getting that extra $ 100! But that's just my redneck way! LOL! BK  Roll Eyes Cool Grin

The $100 saving wasn't quite enough to push me toward antique plates.  Now if antique plates meant no inspection, I'd have done it in a second. 

BTW...I might be in Nashville next week.  Might be going to pick up an airplane.  While I'm there, I'll be checking out some properties.  I won't know until later this week. 
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2006, 08:27:29 PM »

Cool we have airport about five minutes from the shop! Call us if ya want us to pick ya up! LOL!  Grin Roll Eyes Cool
By the way I asked Matt who to recommend as a real estate agent an he none of 'em if yer plan'n on dealing with them long distance he said what ya need to do is stop in an talk to them in person let know what yer look'n for then let them know you got an associate here locally to check out prospective properities and give you feedback to save travel time and hassels, and he said they'll be more straight with you knowing you got a "local" looking out for you! We can designate Matt as yer associate/rep (trust me if ya meet him and talk to him for a few minutes you'll understand why he'd be a good one! He's business smart! But laid back country boy lazy! LOL!) Hopefully this info is somewhat usefull but I'm gonna ask a couple other people who they'd recommend also!  Grin Roll Eyes Cool BK

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2006, 05:49:00 AM »

This airplane is a basket case, so it's going to NH on a trailer.  What I'm trying to do with the real estate thing is to find agents who can send me photos, then if there is something that looks interesting, I can plan a trip to see it and talk to the agent in person.  It's too long of a trip just to go "fishing".Smiley  I need to have some properties lined up to look at before I go down. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: