Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 10:08:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E-Bay buss deal  (Read 4326 times)
Bob Gil
Bob Gilbreath bobgil@sbcglobal.net

Ignore
« on: August 27, 2008, 11:44:32 AM »

Did you-all see this?

looks like it might be a good start for some one.  I wish mine was this nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Buses__1983-MCI-9-BUS-GREAT-RV-CONVERSION-PACKAGE-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ250287478234QQadnZBusesQQadiZ2802QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250287478234&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A10%7C240%3A1308&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Fort Worth, Texas where GOD is so close you don't even need a phone!

1968 GM Bus of unknown model 6V53 engine (aftermarket) converted with house hold items.

Had small engine fire and had no 12 volt system at time of purchase. 
Coach is all 110 w 14KW diesel genrator
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 03:18:47 PM »

Anyone is Florida want to go half Huh?    Grin

Bill
St. Pete

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
van

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 05:10:07 PM »

MAN-O-MAN SOMBODY OUGHT TO GRAB THIS EVEN IF ITS JUST SO IT DON'T GET AWAY,HOW MANY DAYS ARE LEFT I FORGOT NOW.

GRAB-IT

VAN
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 05:12:51 PM »

I see he already has the Giant Bounce riding hop ball with handle’s.

Here I thought the Razor big wheels were fun.

http://www.razor-scooters.com/scream-machine-big-wheel/razor-scream-machine-shredder-blue.htm

And I know Chazwood liked the office chairs
http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=7383.msg71746#msg71746

Grin  Cheesy

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 11:31:25 PM »

I took notice that the exhaust plumbing leading to the turbo was dark.  Should e "recently" overhauled motor have that much oil in the exhaust?  Is that a "flag" to engine condition?  Any body?Huh

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 08:01:34 AM »

I would demand it be started-from the surface rust on the pulleys, it looks like it hasn't been started in a long time.  Can be a problem for any 92 series with the wet cylinder liners that can and do leak.  Other than that, a great base for a project if you can live with the headroom and the 96" width.  I have a transit with 6'10" headroom and is 102" wide-makes a BIG difference.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Dallas

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 09:23:45 AM »

I would demand it be started-from the surface rust on the pulleys, it looks like it hasn't been started in a long time.  Can be a problem for any 92 series with the wet cylinder liners that can and do leak.  Other than that, a great base for a project if you can live with the headroom and the 96" width.  I have a transit with 6'10" headroom and is 102" wide-makes a BIG difference.  Good Luck, TomC
Yup, we know about your head room, we know about you going to Dons and having him build your engine, we know about the width...
How much bay space do you have in cubic feet?
Have you done anything to your bus that isn't prefaced by, "I spent XXX to have this done?" or "I don't feel comfortable doing my own work"? or I'm not competant to do my own work, so I like tossing money at a $1200 transit coach in order for it pass muster?

I really am not hollering at you, but it seems that everytime you post about what YOU have done, it turns out to be what someone else has done.

Some people are bleeding money, and are welcome to their ideas, even if it costs more than the coach is worth, but it seems to me you want to be proud of what you haven't been able to accomplish for yourself.

Jeez, My bus looks like something from the Beverly Hillbillies. but slowly and surely I am getting it all back to what it should be. Myself.

Throwing money at a project isn't converting.. if you are gonna do that, why not get a real conversion shop to convert an older Prevost or 102C3 for you at half the cost?

Dallas
van

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 09:48:36 AM »

If I recall I think the seller stated it had not been run in about a year and the batts would need to be charged .wish I was out there to look at this for myself with one of you guys that know better than me what you're lookin at ,you all remember what happened last time I did this own my own (oops)won't try that again hey dallas what you say about this bussy on e-bay?

van
Blacksheep

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 10:14:21 AM »

Wow was that really Dallas?
You get em' boy!

Ace
Bob Gil

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 11:22:03 AM »

OOOOOOOOOOOooopppps

OK Dallas I realize that any thing I do to mine is going to cost more than it is worth.  I woulder should I stop before I am too far into it?

1968 GM Bus of unknown model 6V53 engine (aftermarket) converted with house hold items.

luvrbus

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 12:11:21 PM »

Bob, you can bail at any time on one of these projects and cut your loses but I was always one that took the bus with the same vowels I gave my wife "for better or worse" I know I will never retrieve the cash I spent
letz4wheel

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 12:13:12 PM »

Dallas,
Your Grounded!  Grin

'78 MCI MC-8
4 speed
8v71
Bob Gil

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 12:20:10 PM »

Bob, you can bail at any time on one of these projects and cut your loses but I was always one that took the bus with the same vowels I gave my wife "for better or worse" I know I will never retrieve the cash I spent

I think the wife would kill me if I gave up on it before she gets to go out in it at least once.

All I hear is when are you going to have it ready.

I wish that were in the next week so I could make it to the TBR next week.

skipn

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 12:36:20 PM »

Luvrbus:
    "same vowels I gave my wife" the ones I gave my wife were a,e,i,o,u   she already had the y  Cheesy

Bob:
    For some of us it is not the pain and frustration we endure it is the sense of accomplishment no matter how
 minor they may seem to some.
 That being said it can get real frustrating along the way not getting things done as fast as planned.

Dallas
    Wink  drizzle drizzle drizzle troll time for this one to come home. Sounds like you need a good walk
   in the mountains on a crisp fall morning with the Elk bugling in the backround.

If you look at the number of started projects that are for sale now it is sad.

Skip

« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 12:38:29 PM by skipn » Logged
Charles in SC

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 07:00:54 PM »

Dallas, some people's time is better spent making money than saving it doing their own work.

S8M 5303 built in 1969, converted in 2000
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: