Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 03:56:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E-Bay buss deal  (Read 4449 times)
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 07:42:05 PM »

I agree with Dallas, It takes a lot of money to polish a turd.

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
cody

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 08:40:58 PM »

Come on guys, we're all in this together, the idea is to do it our way and not everyone has the same idea of what that means, I don't have the ability yet to diagnose problems thats where I depend on others for help, I'm also learning the wrenching end of it but far from flying on my own yet, give me a piece of wood and I can turn it into a pile of sawdust, give me metal and I haven't got a clue but I try. We got to pull together to fight off the S&S hordes that threaten to destroy this way of life that we curse daily. lol
Dreamscape

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 03:37:43 AM »

If it runs, buy it if that's what you want. Than dive in without looking back!  Grin

A used bus is a used bus. Turn it into something to be proud of and stand back and smile. I always smile when I go to work on our Eagle, even if it's broke. It's paid for and it keeps me out of trouble!

Bob, you can bail at any time on one of these projects and cut your loses but I was always one that took the bus with the same vowels I gave my wife "for better or worse" I know I will never retrieve the cash I spent

Right on Buddy!

Paul
mccarlk

1967 mci 5 8v71 auto

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 09:23:58 AM »

SOME OF THE BEST SHOW CARS ARE BULIT BY QUITE A FEW DIFFERENT PEOPLE , FROM WHAT I HAVE READ TOM C IS PROUD OF HIS COACH, AND IS VERY WILLING TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS AS A NEWBIE, JUST MY 2 CENTS WORTH

treat every day like is your last, just make sure you dont spend all your money,in case its not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 09:36:45 AM »

Dallas -

Wow. . . I was going to post something here, but have decided to send you a pm instead, as that's a more appropriate channel.

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
S13406 Now
Fresno CA
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 10:02:36 AM »

Like Mom always said  FIGHT NICE      Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 11:21:24 AM »

Dallas,

I laughed out loud at your post.  It was really well done.  Not needed and maybe out of place and certainly out of character but the same high calibre of workmanship I, and others, have come to expect from you in anything you accomplish.  Well done, Sir.  That said, I think you might have hit a rough patch and are venting a teensy little bit.  I have read every post you have ever made and you have had a positive influence on my life....such as it is.

Tom,

Could be a lot of truth in Dallas' post....or maybe just a little.  You do seem to have more cash than most and I am pleased at your apparent prosperity.  No matter what you might have "purchased", you have a real gift for sharing the aspects of your adventure with everyone in a manner that we, at least I, benefit.  I thank you for your spirit in this and your obvious good intention.  I have also gleaned from your posts that you have been a trucker and have earned your daily bread with the sweat of your brow.  Here's to ya!  I'll bet that you are even so large a guy that any aspect of Dallas' post will be viewed by toy as non offensive and will roll right off.

You are both really great guys in my book.  Don't forget now....I am a lot like Ace.  Really mellow.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Blacksheep

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 01:07:06 PM »

John don't put me in this mix! Heck I was just getting around to ask him to help pay for my re-conversion of my interior by sending some of his cash down this way!
Ace
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008, 01:18:56 PM »

I feel that anyone converting a bus to a coach is a busnut, regardless of who does the actual labor. Many of us are not technically skilled to do a complete conversion by ourselves. Also many of us do not have the available time to devote the thousands of hours to complete a total conversion.

When I decided to get a bus instead of the s/s I had, I was working at least 70 hours a week generally. There was no way could I devote the time necessary to complete a total conversion and I was getting to the age where I wanted to enjoy the traveling instead of spending what few hours I had available to do a complete conversion.

I did look for a couple of years to find one that was completed to the point that it was usable and I still could do the finishing touches to my satisfaction. I really do not feel that makes me any less a busnut.

Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Bob Gil
Bob Gilbreath bobgil@sbcglobal.net

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008, 04:16:15 PM »

Hey any body can be a busnut look at me I have a $3000. bus that some one else converted and i can't even aford to pay attention, or fuel to drive it across town.  Thank GOD it was full when I bought it.

Bob

Fort Worth, Texas where GOD is so close you don't even need a phone!

1968 GM Bus of unknown model 6V53 engine (aftermarket) converted with house hold items.

Had small engine fire and had no 12 volt system at time of purchase. 
Coach is all 110 w 14KW diesel genrator
Blacksheep

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2008, 04:20:50 AM »

Bob $3000 for the bus with a FULL tank? Does that mean you really only spent $2500 for the bus? What a deal!!!!    Roll Eyes

Ace
Bob Gil

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2008, 05:39:21 AM »

I guess you might say I am a little on the cheapo side.

that might be one way of looking at it.

I was told it will hold 180 gal but I am not sure.  Hope I never have to fill it up all at one time.  I don't wan to have to reprime it if I run it empty either.

Bob

1968 GM Bus of unknown model 6V53 engine (aftermarket) converted with house hold items.

Bob Gil

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2008, 09:05:01 AM »

I guess you might say I bought a genset and they gave me the bus.

I went to look at the genset and they sold me the whole thing for what I was thinking about offering for the genset.

I guess you might say I saved it from the scrap man.

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2008, 02:19:14 PM »

I guess Dallas doesn't understand the fact that I first bought my transit since I couldn't afford a big Grayhound type shell.  It was a hard conversion that took me 6 years.  I did everything myself on the bus except for laying the carpeting, painting the exterior, and any mechanical work on the bus itself.  I give the cost on what it cost me since I have found that many converters have this idea that they can convert a bus for $10,000.  I'm sorry if I irritated Dallas, but giving my own experiences is the only experience I have am not trying to give advice unless I have already done it.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Blacksheep

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2008, 02:56:55 PM »

Tom does this mean I can expect zero money in the mail?
Dang! Looks like I will just have to keep working on my usual source...Hey Niles!!!!!!

Ace
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: