Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 06:40:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Damaged 8V71 Injector?  (Read 3347 times)
OneLapper

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 07:29:55 PM »

CraigC, the current engine should run much better with the new fuel pump, but it still has a "dead" cylinder.  One cylinder has very little compression and the amount of blowby is bad, even embarrassing.  When passing through New York I got honked at, and one lady honked and flipped me off!  Most people wouldn't care, but I do my best to be responsible to the environment and community, and that's tough enough with the lousy emissions these two strokes' have.  Combine that with the amount of unburnt fuel bypassing the rings!  Yikes!   I also have a leaking tranny output shaft seal that makes a mess all over the back of the bus when I'm driving.  That doesn't help the way things look, either!  LOL!

I commute 160 miles per day.  I use a diesel Jetta that gets 46 mpg or my bmw motorcycle that gets 44 mpg.  I have a Dodge 3500 diesel that gets 17 mpg and it kills me when I have to drive it!  I love that truck, though.  Of all my vehicles, it's had the least problems by far.  It also has over 100k miles on it.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 06:58:50 PM by OneLapper » Logged

OneLapper
1964 PD4106-2853
www.markdavia.com
OneLapper

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 07:02:13 PM »

For those interested, the new fuel pump FIXED the crappy running 8V71.  I finally got to installing the pump tonight, and after repriming the fuel system, she fired up and the engine surging, gurgling, burping, etc, all but completely went away.  The 200 mile road trip will have to wait till next weekend, but it was easy to tell the engine was running much more smoothly.

Now, it still has cylinder with a broken piston ring, but that's another matter.

OneLapper
1964 PD4106-2853
www.markdavia.com
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 09:53:51 PM »

Thanks for the update. This post will make a good reference for someone one day.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: